亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码
       
      Analysis: Ongoing migrant caravan tests U.S. ties with Mexico, Central America
                       Source: Xinhua | 2018-10-25 21:39:59 | Editor: huaxia

      Central American migrants, who are part of a caravan of migrants trying to reach the United States, hitchhike on a truck along the highway as they continue their journey in Tapachula, Mexico Oct. 22, 2018. (Xinhua/REUTERS)

      WASHINGTON, Oct. 24 (Xinhua) -- As thousands of Central Americans continued marching north through Mexico toward the U.S. border, America's relations with Mexico and Central American countries were put to the test.

      On Wednesday, a mass of migrant caravan, roughly 3,600 people, were inching up the coastal highway in the southern part of Mexico, still over 1,000 miles (1,600 km) away from the U.S. border, according to U.S. media reports.

      Those migrants, mostly from Honduras escaping hunger and violence, hoped to enter the United States to seek asylum, a wishful dream that has been firmly rejected by U.S. President Donald Trump, who earlier vowed to deploy troops and close the southern U.S. border to deal with the issue.

      Washington has also added pressure on the Mexican government to stop the migrants from arriving at the U.S. border, either making them remain in Mexico or give up and head home.

      Since Monday, U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has spoken by phone twice with his Mexican counterpart Luis Videgaray, discussing Mexico's efforts to address the migrant caravan.

      "We urge timely action on their part," Pompeo told reporters later Tuesday.

      For the Mexican side, while trying to persuade migrants to seek asylum in Mexico, it has not taken any forceful measure yet to confront the marching group.

      Media reported that Mexican police, watching vigilantly alongside, did not disturb migrants' journey.

      Some experts thought it unfruitful to push Mexico too hard on the issue.

      "At a time when most immigration is coming from Central America via Mexico, not from Mexico, his (Trump's) rhetoric threatens to dampen Mexican cooperation in slowing northward migrants," Dan Mahaffee, senior vice president at the Washington-based Center for the Study of the Presidency and Congress, told Xinhua.

      Apart from grilling Mexico, Trump also threw a harsh stance on Central American countries, where the migrants came from.

      Earlier this week, Trump threatened to cut off or reduce U.S. aid to Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador as the three countries failed to stop people from the exodus.

      Scholars argue that Trump's "playing tough" policy may worsen the situation rather than improve it.

      "It may increase the uncertainty and instability in Central America that sends migrants northward in the first place," the expert said.

      "The president's attention to this issue will annoy Central American countries because of his threat to terminate funding and claim they are not doing enough to prevent mass migrations," noted Darrell West, Brookings Institution Senior Fellow.

      "In addition to strong enforcement of U.S. laws, the U.S. also needs capable partners in Latin America," David Inserra, a policy analyst at the Heritage Foundation, told Xinhua.

      In response to Trump's threat, El Salvador's President Salvador Sanchez Ceren expressed solidarity with the migrant caravan.

      "For us to emigrate is a human right, therefore the right of these migrants must be respected," he said in a statement on Tuesday.

      (Matthew Rusling from Washington also contributed to the story.)

      Back to Top Close
      Xinhuanet

      Analysis: Ongoing migrant caravan tests U.S. ties with Mexico, Central America

      Source: Xinhua 2018-10-25 21:39:59

      Central American migrants, who are part of a caravan of migrants trying to reach the United States, hitchhike on a truck along the highway as they continue their journey in Tapachula, Mexico Oct. 22, 2018. (Xinhua/REUTERS)

      WASHINGTON, Oct. 24 (Xinhua) -- As thousands of Central Americans continued marching north through Mexico toward the U.S. border, America's relations with Mexico and Central American countries were put to the test.

      On Wednesday, a mass of migrant caravan, roughly 3,600 people, were inching up the coastal highway in the southern part of Mexico, still over 1,000 miles (1,600 km) away from the U.S. border, according to U.S. media reports.

      Those migrants, mostly from Honduras escaping hunger and violence, hoped to enter the United States to seek asylum, a wishful dream that has been firmly rejected by U.S. President Donald Trump, who earlier vowed to deploy troops and close the southern U.S. border to deal with the issue.

      Washington has also added pressure on the Mexican government to stop the migrants from arriving at the U.S. border, either making them remain in Mexico or give up and head home.

      Since Monday, U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has spoken by phone twice with his Mexican counterpart Luis Videgaray, discussing Mexico's efforts to address the migrant caravan.

      "We urge timely action on their part," Pompeo told reporters later Tuesday.

      For the Mexican side, while trying to persuade migrants to seek asylum in Mexico, it has not taken any forceful measure yet to confront the marching group.

      Media reported that Mexican police, watching vigilantly alongside, did not disturb migrants' journey.

      Some experts thought it unfruitful to push Mexico too hard on the issue.

      "At a time when most immigration is coming from Central America via Mexico, not from Mexico, his (Trump's) rhetoric threatens to dampen Mexican cooperation in slowing northward migrants," Dan Mahaffee, senior vice president at the Washington-based Center for the Study of the Presidency and Congress, told Xinhua.

      Apart from grilling Mexico, Trump also threw a harsh stance on Central American countries, where the migrants came from.

      Earlier this week, Trump threatened to cut off or reduce U.S. aid to Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador as the three countries failed to stop people from the exodus.

      Scholars argue that Trump's "playing tough" policy may worsen the situation rather than improve it.

      "It may increase the uncertainty and instability in Central America that sends migrants northward in the first place," the expert said.

      "The president's attention to this issue will annoy Central American countries because of his threat to terminate funding and claim they are not doing enough to prevent mass migrations," noted Darrell West, Brookings Institution Senior Fellow.

      "In addition to strong enforcement of U.S. laws, the U.S. also needs capable partners in Latin America," David Inserra, a policy analyst at the Heritage Foundation, told Xinhua.

      In response to Trump's threat, El Salvador's President Salvador Sanchez Ceren expressed solidarity with the migrant caravan.

      "For us to emigrate is a human right, therefore the right of these migrants must be respected," he said in a statement on Tuesday.

      (Matthew Rusling from Washington also contributed to the story.)

      010020070750000000000000011100001375582951
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产颜射视频在线播放| 国产精品污| 久久99精品久久久久久欧洲站| 精品欧洲av无码一区二区| 精品亚洲一区二区三区| 日韩av在线不卡一区二区三区| 中文字幕成人精品久久不卡| 欧美男生射精高潮视频网站| 久久婷婷丁香七月色综合| 亚洲中文字幕精品一区二区| 国产亚洲av人片在线播放| 首页 综合国产 亚洲 丝袜日本| 999久久久国产精品| 免费人成黄页网站在线观看国产| 亚洲成a人片在线观看中文!!!| 久久精品—区二区三区无码伊人色 | 虞城县| 成人无码区免费AⅤ片WWW| 亚洲欧美人成网站在线观看看| 国产精品福利2020久久| 亚洲中文字幕日韩精品| 蜜桃在线一区二区三区| 成人午夜精品网站在线观看| 一本久道久综合久久鬼色| 99久久亚洲综合国产一区| 女人高潮呻吟在线观看| 久天啪天天久久99久孕妇| 欧美最猛性xxxxbbbb| 亚洲欧美日韩国产综合专区| 亚洲福利一区二区在线| 亚洲成AV人片无码不卡| AV一本久道久久波多野结衣| av无码特黄一级| 中文字幕日本丰满人妻| 亚欧免费无码AⅤ在线观看 | 国产精品日韩中文字幕| 相泽南中文在线精品视频| 国产在线视欧美亚综合| 国产在线观看不卡免费| 国产一区二区精品av| 欧美激情一区二区三区不卡|