亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码
       
      Japan should halt returning children, women of reproductive age to Fukushima areas: UN expert
                       Source: Xinhua | 2018-10-26 05:07:30 | Editor: huaxia

      This picture taken on March 5, 2018 shows a guard checking the permission documents at an entrance of the exclusion zone of Tomioka town, Fukushima prefecture, as Japan prepares to mark the 7th anniversary of the devastating 2011 earthquake and tsunami that triggered the Fukushima nuclear disaster. (AFP Photo)

      UNITED NATIONS, Oct. 25 (Xinhua) -- UN special rapporteur on Toxics on Thursday urged the Japanese government to halt the ongoing relocation of children and women of reproductive age to areas of Fukushima where the radiation levels exceed one mSv per year.

      "We are quite concerned, in particular for the health and well-being of children who may be raised or born in Fukushima," UN Special Rapporteur on Hazardous Substances and Wastes Baskut Tuncak said of the returns of the former residents, who evacuated in the aftermath of the 2011 nuclear disaster.

      He voiced concern over the Japanese government's decision to raise the acceptable level of radiation exposure by 20 times, saying it was deeply troubling.

      After the nuclear disaster triggered by a massive earthquake and tsunami, Japan raised the acceptable level of radiation for residents in Fukushima from one mSv per year to 20 mSv per year.

      When asked about the scientific basis behind the raise, Tuncak said "that would be a very good question for the Japanese government (to answer) in terms of justifying their actions and the decisions."

      The rapporteur said a UN human rights monitoring mechanism known as the Universal Periodical Review has recommended that Japan lower the acceptable level of radiation back to one mSv per year, but he is "deeply concerned the recommendation is not implemented."

      On shielding toxic substances in general, Tuncak presented two opportunities on the international level to elevate protection.

      "The first is the discussion on a global framework for chemicals and wastes," he said, noting it is high time to work out a more ambitious and stronger framework to succeed the existing non-binding one after it expires in 2020.

      "The second is an urgent need for businesses to integrate the issue of toxic chemicals and pollution with their human rights due diligence," he said, pointing out pollution is believed to be the single largest source of premature deaths in developing countries.

      Later Thursday, Tuncak is expected to present a report to the UN General Assembly which highlights key cases of victims of toxic pollution in recent years, including the case of Fukushima relocation.

      It will be the first report his mandate has been presenting to the General Assembly since its creation in the mid-1990s. Previously, the mandate's reports were presented to the UN Human Rights Council in Geneva.

      Back to Top Close
      Xinhuanet

      Japan should halt returning children, women of reproductive age to Fukushima areas: UN expert

      Source: Xinhua 2018-10-26 05:07:30

      This picture taken on March 5, 2018 shows a guard checking the permission documents at an entrance of the exclusion zone of Tomioka town, Fukushima prefecture, as Japan prepares to mark the 7th anniversary of the devastating 2011 earthquake and tsunami that triggered the Fukushima nuclear disaster. (AFP Photo)

      UNITED NATIONS, Oct. 25 (Xinhua) -- UN special rapporteur on Toxics on Thursday urged the Japanese government to halt the ongoing relocation of children and women of reproductive age to areas of Fukushima where the radiation levels exceed one mSv per year.

      "We are quite concerned, in particular for the health and well-being of children who may be raised or born in Fukushima," UN Special Rapporteur on Hazardous Substances and Wastes Baskut Tuncak said of the returns of the former residents, who evacuated in the aftermath of the 2011 nuclear disaster.

      He voiced concern over the Japanese government's decision to raise the acceptable level of radiation exposure by 20 times, saying it was deeply troubling.

      After the nuclear disaster triggered by a massive earthquake and tsunami, Japan raised the acceptable level of radiation for residents in Fukushima from one mSv per year to 20 mSv per year.

      When asked about the scientific basis behind the raise, Tuncak said "that would be a very good question for the Japanese government (to answer) in terms of justifying their actions and the decisions."

      The rapporteur said a UN human rights monitoring mechanism known as the Universal Periodical Review has recommended that Japan lower the acceptable level of radiation back to one mSv per year, but he is "deeply concerned the recommendation is not implemented."

      On shielding toxic substances in general, Tuncak presented two opportunities on the international level to elevate protection.

      "The first is the discussion on a global framework for chemicals and wastes," he said, noting it is high time to work out a more ambitious and stronger framework to succeed the existing non-binding one after it expires in 2020.

      "The second is an urgent need for businesses to integrate the issue of toxic chemicals and pollution with their human rights due diligence," he said, pointing out pollution is believed to be the single largest source of premature deaths in developing countries.

      Later Thursday, Tuncak is expected to present a report to the UN General Assembly which highlights key cases of victims of toxic pollution in recent years, including the case of Fukushima relocation.

      It will be the first report his mandate has been presenting to the General Assembly since its creation in the mid-1990s. Previously, the mandate's reports were presented to the UN Human Rights Council in Geneva.

      010020070750000000000000011100001375586901
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲综合自拍偷拍视频| 免费无码又爽又刺激激情视频软件| 精品国产18禁久久久久久久| 日韩熟妇精品视频一区二区| 国内自拍第一区二区三区| 亚洲国产午夜精品乱码| 国产成人亚洲精品日韩激情| 亚洲男女在线| 午夜福制92视频| 国产av国片精品| 亚洲第一国产综合| 人妻在厨房被色诱中文字幕| 伊人亚洲综合网色AV另类| 国产精品麻豆成人av网| 亚洲视频在线观看一区二区三| 中文字幕日本人妻一区| 素人激情福利视频| 久久夜色精品国产亚洲噜噜| 类乌齐县| 亚洲精品中文字幕二区| 国产精品白浆无码流出| 亚洲国产AⅤ精品一区二区久| 欧美中出在线| 青草视频免费在线观看| 国产中文字幕乱人伦在线观看| 国产精品免费视频不卡| 国产片av片永久免费观看| 18禁黄无遮挡网站免费| 欧美激情首页| 国产精品久久一区性色a| 欧美精品日韩一区二区三区| 蜜桃精品一区二区三区视频| 日本福利视频免费久久久| 综合久久久久6亚洲综合| 欧美牲交40_50a欧美牲交aⅴ | 精品国产乱来一区二区三区| 国产精品福利片免费看| 伦精品一区二区三区视频| 无码国产精品一区二区免费3P| 日韩一区二区三区中文字幕| 91精品欧美综合在线观看|