亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码
       
      Trump threatens to revoke GM subsidies after its layoff, shutdown plans
                       Source: Xinhua | 2018-11-28 22:26:40 | Editor: huaxia

      File Photo: A General Motors dealership is seen in Vienna, Virginia, May 27, 2009. (Xinhua/REUTERS)

      WASHINGTON, Nov. 27 (Xinhua) -- U.S. President Donald Trump on Tuesday threatened to deprive automaker General Motors (GM) of "all subsidies," one day after the company announced plans to lay off workers and close factories in North America and beyond.

      "Very disappointed with General Motors and their CEO, Mary Barra, for closing plants in Ohio, Michigan and Maryland," Trump tweeted. "The U.S. saved General Motors, and this is the THANKS we get! We are now looking at cutting all @GM subsidies, including for electric cars."

      U.S. media assumed that the president was probably referring to the 7,500- U.S.-dollar tax breaks the U.S. federal government grants to consumers buying electric vehicles. CNN cited people familiar with the matter as saying the company was unaware of other federal incentives it is receiving beyond that.

      Ending the subsidy, however, will require the passage of a new law in Congress.

      GM announced on Monday that it would slash over 14,000 jobs and effectively close five assembly and propulsion plants in the United States and Canada in 2019, a reorganization plan Barra said would continue to make the company "highly agile, resilient and profitable."

      In addition to a previously announced factory closure in South Korea, GM said it would also cease operations of another two unspecified plants outside North America by the end of 2019. Combined, the company estimated that the measures will save as much as 6 billion U.S. dollars.

      If carried out, Trump's threat would deal a blow to one of the company's strategy priorities. "Resources allocated to electric and autonomous vehicle programs will double in the next two years," GM said in Monday's statement.

      GM, whose two models currently qualify for the federal tax subsidy for electric and hybrid cars, have joined other automakers in lobbying Congress to lift a 200,000-vehicle limit beyond which the tax break will gradually phase out. As of the third quarter of 2018, the company has less than 4,000 vehicles to produce to reach the threshold.

      GM issued a separate statement Tuesday defending its commitment to U.S. manufacturing sector. "GM is committed to maintaining a strong manufacturing presence in the U.S., as evidenced by our more than 22-billion-dollar investments in U.S. operations since 2009."

      "Yesterday's announcements support our ability to invest for future growth and position the company for long-term success and maintain and grow American jobs," it added.

      Top White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow talked with Barra in a pre-arranged meeting on Monday, but GM declined to comment on it.

      At a White House press briefing Tuesday, before Trump sent the tweet, Kudlow mentioned the electric vehicle credit.

      "We are going to be looking at certain subsidies regarding electric cars and others, whether they should apply or not. I can't say anything final about that, but we're looking into it," Kudlow said.

      Back to Top Close
      Xinhuanet

      Trump threatens to revoke GM subsidies after its layoff, shutdown plans

      Source: Xinhua 2018-11-28 22:26:40

      File Photo: A General Motors dealership is seen in Vienna, Virginia, May 27, 2009. (Xinhua/REUTERS)

      WASHINGTON, Nov. 27 (Xinhua) -- U.S. President Donald Trump on Tuesday threatened to deprive automaker General Motors (GM) of "all subsidies," one day after the company announced plans to lay off workers and close factories in North America and beyond.

      "Very disappointed with General Motors and their CEO, Mary Barra, for closing plants in Ohio, Michigan and Maryland," Trump tweeted. "The U.S. saved General Motors, and this is the THANKS we get! We are now looking at cutting all @GM subsidies, including for electric cars."

      U.S. media assumed that the president was probably referring to the 7,500- U.S.-dollar tax breaks the U.S. federal government grants to consumers buying electric vehicles. CNN cited people familiar with the matter as saying the company was unaware of other federal incentives it is receiving beyond that.

      Ending the subsidy, however, will require the passage of a new law in Congress.

      GM announced on Monday that it would slash over 14,000 jobs and effectively close five assembly and propulsion plants in the United States and Canada in 2019, a reorganization plan Barra said would continue to make the company "highly agile, resilient and profitable."

      In addition to a previously announced factory closure in South Korea, GM said it would also cease operations of another two unspecified plants outside North America by the end of 2019. Combined, the company estimated that the measures will save as much as 6 billion U.S. dollars.

      If carried out, Trump's threat would deal a blow to one of the company's strategy priorities. "Resources allocated to electric and autonomous vehicle programs will double in the next two years," GM said in Monday's statement.

      GM, whose two models currently qualify for the federal tax subsidy for electric and hybrid cars, have joined other automakers in lobbying Congress to lift a 200,000-vehicle limit beyond which the tax break will gradually phase out. As of the third quarter of 2018, the company has less than 4,000 vehicles to produce to reach the threshold.

      GM issued a separate statement Tuesday defending its commitment to U.S. manufacturing sector. "GM is committed to maintaining a strong manufacturing presence in the U.S., as evidenced by our more than 22-billion-dollar investments in U.S. operations since 2009."

      "Yesterday's announcements support our ability to invest for future growth and position the company for long-term success and maintain and grow American jobs," it added.

      Top White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow talked with Barra in a pre-arranged meeting on Monday, but GM declined to comment on it.

      At a White House press briefing Tuesday, before Trump sent the tweet, Kudlow mentioned the electric vehicle credit.

      "We are going to be looking at certain subsidies regarding electric cars and others, whether they should apply or not. I can't say anything final about that, but we're looking into it," Kudlow said.

      010020070750000000000000011100001376378381
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 久久国产精品男人的天堂av| 日本久久一区二区三区高清| 日日噜噜噜夜夜爽爽狠狠视频| 性色av成人精品久久| 嗯啊 不要 啊啊在线日韩a| 国产久视频| 韩国女主播一区二区在线观看| 中文字幕日韩人妻在线| 久久精品国产亚洲一级二级| 国产成人亚洲精品电影| 国产成品精品午夜视频| 欧美成人精品在线| 国产色无码专区在线观看| 蜜臀98精品国产免费观看| 在线精品国精品国产尤物| 亚洲成片在线看一区二区| 久九九久视频精品网站| 青青青在线观看视频免费播放| 日本精品久久性大片日本| 色www亚洲| 91小视频在线播放| 久久婷婷色综合老司机| 高清偷自拍亚洲精品三区| 99综合精品久久| 国产亚洲av日韩av| 日韩中文字幕无码av| 野花社区在线视频| av片在线观看永久免费| 国产av一区二区精品凹凸| 久久亚洲AV无码一区二区综合| 柳州市| 亚洲AⅤ男人的天堂在线观看| 亚洲一二三四五区中文字幕| 国产成人AV无码永久免费一线天| 黑人啊灬啊灬啊灬快灬深| 国产av区男人的天堂| 三级全黄的视频在线观看| 密云县| 中文一区二区三区无码视频| 久久视频一区二区三区在线观看| 久草视频免费在线播放|