亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码
       
      CIA director briefs House on Khashoggi's death, little effect reported
                       Source: Xinhua | 2018-12-13 06:31:40 | Editor: huaxia

      In this file photo taken on December 15, 2014, General Manager of Alarab TV, Jamal Khashoggi, looks on during a press conference in the Bahraini capital Manama. (xinhua/AFP)

      WASHINGTON, Dec. 12 (Xinhua) -- CIA Director Gina Haspel on Wednesday briefed some U.S. House leaders on the death of a Saudi journalist, Jamal Khashoggi. However, her briefing has had little effect in changing the Representatives' minds, according to U.S. media reports.

      Sources familiar with the meeting were quoted as saying that the briefing was conducted on Wednesday morning on a classified condition.

      The meeting ended as lawmakers told the media before leaving that they had not heard anything that would change their minds about Khashoggi's death.

      Democratic Representative Eliot Engel, possibly the next chairman of the Foreign Affairs Committee, was quoted by Reuters as saying that he intended to hold hearings starting early next year to review all aspects of Saudi Arabia's behavior and the U.S.-Saudi relationship.

      "I think that all leaders are responsible for things that happen under them. So I think that we've still got to get to the bottom of it," he noted. "Saudi Arabia's an important... partner, but I don't think we can simply look the other way when things happen and talk about business as usual."

      Haspel has briefed a group of senators over the case earlier, but several senators said after the briefing that there was "zero chance" the Saudi crown prince wasn't involved in the killing.

      The Senate was preparing to vote on two resolutions that would condemn Saudi Arabia's role in both Khashoggi's case and the Yemen conflict, despite the earlier briefing of U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Secretary Defense James Mattis last month, when they said there was "no smoking gun" to prove the Saudi leader has directly ordered to kill Khashoggi.

      Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell said earlier the Senate would vote as soon as Wednesday on a resolution calling for the U.S. suspension of all its assistance for the Saudi-led war in Yemen.

      Bob Corker, Senate Foreign Relations Committee chairman, also told the media that he was preparing a separate resolution condemning the journalist's killing. McConnell urged senators to vote for Corker's proposal.

      For their parts, Pompeo and Mattis are expected to brief the full House on Khashoggi's case on Thursday.

      Earlier on Wednesday, Pompeo told the Fox & Friends show in an interview that "we'll continue to develop the facts, but America has an important ally in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia."

      However, he refused to say whether he believes the Saudi crown prince's denial of personal involvement in the killing, only noting that "the direct evidence isn't yet available. It may show up tomorrow; it may have shown up overnight and I haven't seen it."

      U.S. President Donald Trump said on Tuesday that he would stand with the Saudi Arabian crown prince despite the death of Khashoggi.

      Noting that he would meet with senators in the hope that they would not propose to stop arms sales to the Saudis, Trump added that he could abide by legislation that requires to end U.S. support for the Saudi-led attack in Yemen, since he personally "hate to see what's going on" there.

      Khashoggi has been missing since he entered the Saudi consulate in Istanbul on Oct. 2. The Saudi authorities said he died in a "brawl" in the consulate.

      After releasing the results of its initial investigation, the Saudi Public Prosecution announced that 18 Saudis were arrested for their alleged connections with the killing.

      The U.S. Congress has urged a thorough investigation into his death, and threatened to take more actions against Saudi Arabia, such as sanctions and suspension of military support for the Saudi-led attack in Yemen, if those responsible were not held accountable.

      However, the Trump administration has been reluctant to further punish the Saudi government. Pompeo said in a recent article that the death of Khashoggi has "heightened the Capitol Hill caterwauling and media pile-on."

      Back to Top Close
      Xinhuanet

      CIA director briefs House on Khashoggi's death, little effect reported

      Source: Xinhua 2018-12-13 06:31:40

      In this file photo taken on December 15, 2014, General Manager of Alarab TV, Jamal Khashoggi, looks on during a press conference in the Bahraini capital Manama. (xinhua/AFP)

      WASHINGTON, Dec. 12 (Xinhua) -- CIA Director Gina Haspel on Wednesday briefed some U.S. House leaders on the death of a Saudi journalist, Jamal Khashoggi. However, her briefing has had little effect in changing the Representatives' minds, according to U.S. media reports.

      Sources familiar with the meeting were quoted as saying that the briefing was conducted on Wednesday morning on a classified condition.

      The meeting ended as lawmakers told the media before leaving that they had not heard anything that would change their minds about Khashoggi's death.

      Democratic Representative Eliot Engel, possibly the next chairman of the Foreign Affairs Committee, was quoted by Reuters as saying that he intended to hold hearings starting early next year to review all aspects of Saudi Arabia's behavior and the U.S.-Saudi relationship.

      "I think that all leaders are responsible for things that happen under them. So I think that we've still got to get to the bottom of it," he noted. "Saudi Arabia's an important... partner, but I don't think we can simply look the other way when things happen and talk about business as usual."

      Haspel has briefed a group of senators over the case earlier, but several senators said after the briefing that there was "zero chance" the Saudi crown prince wasn't involved in the killing.

      The Senate was preparing to vote on two resolutions that would condemn Saudi Arabia's role in both Khashoggi's case and the Yemen conflict, despite the earlier briefing of U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Secretary Defense James Mattis last month, when they said there was "no smoking gun" to prove the Saudi leader has directly ordered to kill Khashoggi.

      Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell said earlier the Senate would vote as soon as Wednesday on a resolution calling for the U.S. suspension of all its assistance for the Saudi-led war in Yemen.

      Bob Corker, Senate Foreign Relations Committee chairman, also told the media that he was preparing a separate resolution condemning the journalist's killing. McConnell urged senators to vote for Corker's proposal.

      For their parts, Pompeo and Mattis are expected to brief the full House on Khashoggi's case on Thursday.

      Earlier on Wednesday, Pompeo told the Fox & Friends show in an interview that "we'll continue to develop the facts, but America has an important ally in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia."

      However, he refused to say whether he believes the Saudi crown prince's denial of personal involvement in the killing, only noting that "the direct evidence isn't yet available. It may show up tomorrow; it may have shown up overnight and I haven't seen it."

      U.S. President Donald Trump said on Tuesday that he would stand with the Saudi Arabian crown prince despite the death of Khashoggi.

      Noting that he would meet with senators in the hope that they would not propose to stop arms sales to the Saudis, Trump added that he could abide by legislation that requires to end U.S. support for the Saudi-led attack in Yemen, since he personally "hate to see what's going on" there.

      Khashoggi has been missing since he entered the Saudi consulate in Istanbul on Oct. 2. The Saudi authorities said he died in a "brawl" in the consulate.

      After releasing the results of its initial investigation, the Saudi Public Prosecution announced that 18 Saudis were arrested for their alleged connections with the killing.

      The U.S. Congress has urged a thorough investigation into his death, and threatened to take more actions against Saudi Arabia, such as sanctions and suspension of military support for the Saudi-led attack in Yemen, if those responsible were not held accountable.

      However, the Trump administration has been reluctant to further punish the Saudi government. Pompeo said in a recent article that the death of Khashoggi has "heightened the Capitol Hill caterwauling and media pile-on."

      010020070750000000000000011100001376697361
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 少妇人妻偷人精品无码视频| 91网站在线看| 搡老女人老妇女老熟妇69| 2021年国产精品每日更新| 亚洲综合色婷婷久久| 真人与拘做受免费视频| 国产成人福利在线视老湿机| 91亚洲精品福利在线播放| 伊人成伊人成综合网222| 欧美亚洲日本国产黑白配| 九九精品视频99精品视频| 亚洲综合国产成人av| 日韩肥熟妇无码一区二区三区| 国产丝袜美腿美女视频| 日本亚洲欧美在线观看| 亚洲国产精品综合福利专区| 久久香蕉国产线看观看猫咪av| 午夜少妇性影院私人影院在线| 欧美gv在线| 日产精品一区二区| 国产精品不卡无码AV在线播放| 国产欧美亚洲精品第二区首页| 国产精品日韩中文字幕| 中文无码日韩欧免费视频| 天天av天天翘天天综合网色鬼| 樱花草免费观看| 巨胸不知火舞露双奶头无遮挡| 麻麻张开腿让我爽了一夜| 亚洲Va中文字幕无码毛片下载| 日本免费一区二区三区最新| 亚洲欧洲精品成人久久曰不卡| 国产 在线播放无码不卡| 久久精品亚洲中文字幕无码网站 | www国产亚洲精品久久网站| 国产目拍亚洲精品区一区| 欧洲国产精品无码专区影院| 成人av天堂一区二区 | 水野优香中文字幕亚洲一区| 国产国拍亚洲精品福利| 成 人 免 费 黄 色| 黑人巨大av无码专区|