亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码
       
      Philippine Congress grants Duterte's request for extension of martial law in Mindanao
                       Source: Xinhua | 2018-12-13 10:52:25 | Editor: huaxia

      In this file photo, soldiers from the Armed Forces of the Philippines walk to a bridge in the war-tornMarawi City, the Philippines, May 22, 2018. (Xinhua/Rouelle Umali)

      MANILA, Dec. 12 (Xinhua) -- The Philippine Congress granted President Rodrigo Duterte's request to further extend martial law and the suspension of the privilege of the writ of habeas corpus in Mindanao for a period of one year to Dec. 31, 2019, to quell a "continuing rebellion" in the southern Philippine region.

      After deliberating for almost four hours in a special joint session on Wednesday, lawmakers from both the Senate and the House of Representatives voted 235-28-1 in favor of another one-year extension of martial rule in Mindanao.

      This is the third extension granted to Duterte since he imposed martial law in May 2017 after rebellion militants laid siege to Marawi City.

      Under the martial law and the suspension of the privilege of the writ of habeas corpus in Mindanao, security forces are allowed to make arrests, detain or search without a warrant. This means that people who have committed the crime of rebellion or even suspected ones may be arrested without a warrant of arrest, and objects that are used in the commission of the crime of rebellion may be seized without a search warrant.

      With the extension of martial law, Philippine Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo said the Duterte government "expects to achieve substantial progress in addressing the persisting rebellion in Mindanao, as well as promoting the overall security and peace and order situation in the island."

      In a letter to Congress last week, Duterte asked lawmakers to allow the martial law to continue in Mindanao to quell terrorist groups that "continue to defy the government by perpetrating hostile activities."

      In justifying his request for a third extension of martial law in Mindanao, Duterte added that despite the significant progress, "rebellion still persists in Mindanao and that the public safety requires the continuation of martial law in the whole of Mindanao."

      Specifically, he cited the several bombings that rocked many parts of Mindanao in the past few months that killed a number of people.

      Mindanao has been the hotbed of violent extremism and a brewing rebellion for decades. In more recent years, Mindanao witnessed the perpetration of numerous acts of violence like the Marawi siege and bombings in major cities.

      Members of Duterte's security team, led by Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana, briefed the lawmakers before the voting on the need to place Mindanao under martial rule, citing lingering threats from rebel and extremist groups.

      The team called upon Congress to allow the further extension of martial law "to assist the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP), the Philippine National Police (PNP) and all other enforcement agencies to put a decisive end to this ongoing rebellion and, thereby, remove a long-standing obstacle to the full rehabilitation and development of Mindanao."

      Lorenzana, as martial law administrator, said the AFP "will continue to uphold its mandate of defending the sovereignty of our state, upholding the integrity of our territory and protecting the democratic way of life of our people, with full respect for human rights, international humanitarian law and the primacy of the rule of law."

      Duterte initially imposed a 60-day martial law in Mindanao on May 23, 2017, after militants laid siege to Marawi, a predominantly Muslim city in Mindanao.

      At the height of the intense fighting to retake Marawi from the pro-IS terrorist in July 2017, Duterte asked Congress to extend the martial law until December 2017, a request that lawmakers easily approved.

      When the extension expired in December 2017, Duterte again asked Congress to extend it until Dec. 31, 2018.

      The 1987 Philippine Constitution only allows the president to declare martial law for a maximum of 60 days. Any extension would require approval from Congress.

      Back to Top Close
      Xinhuanet

      Philippine Congress grants Duterte's request for extension of martial law in Mindanao

      Source: Xinhua 2018-12-13 10:52:25

      In this file photo, soldiers from the Armed Forces of the Philippines walk to a bridge in the war-tornMarawi City, the Philippines, May 22, 2018. (Xinhua/Rouelle Umali)

      MANILA, Dec. 12 (Xinhua) -- The Philippine Congress granted President Rodrigo Duterte's request to further extend martial law and the suspension of the privilege of the writ of habeas corpus in Mindanao for a period of one year to Dec. 31, 2019, to quell a "continuing rebellion" in the southern Philippine region.

      After deliberating for almost four hours in a special joint session on Wednesday, lawmakers from both the Senate and the House of Representatives voted 235-28-1 in favor of another one-year extension of martial rule in Mindanao.

      This is the third extension granted to Duterte since he imposed martial law in May 2017 after rebellion militants laid siege to Marawi City.

      Under the martial law and the suspension of the privilege of the writ of habeas corpus in Mindanao, security forces are allowed to make arrests, detain or search without a warrant. This means that people who have committed the crime of rebellion or even suspected ones may be arrested without a warrant of arrest, and objects that are used in the commission of the crime of rebellion may be seized without a search warrant.

      With the extension of martial law, Philippine Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo said the Duterte government "expects to achieve substantial progress in addressing the persisting rebellion in Mindanao, as well as promoting the overall security and peace and order situation in the island."

      In a letter to Congress last week, Duterte asked lawmakers to allow the martial law to continue in Mindanao to quell terrorist groups that "continue to defy the government by perpetrating hostile activities."

      In justifying his request for a third extension of martial law in Mindanao, Duterte added that despite the significant progress, "rebellion still persists in Mindanao and that the public safety requires the continuation of martial law in the whole of Mindanao."

      Specifically, he cited the several bombings that rocked many parts of Mindanao in the past few months that killed a number of people.

      Mindanao has been the hotbed of violent extremism and a brewing rebellion for decades. In more recent years, Mindanao witnessed the perpetration of numerous acts of violence like the Marawi siege and bombings in major cities.

      Members of Duterte's security team, led by Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana, briefed the lawmakers before the voting on the need to place Mindanao under martial rule, citing lingering threats from rebel and extremist groups.

      The team called upon Congress to allow the further extension of martial law "to assist the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP), the Philippine National Police (PNP) and all other enforcement agencies to put a decisive end to this ongoing rebellion and, thereby, remove a long-standing obstacle to the full rehabilitation and development of Mindanao."

      Lorenzana, as martial law administrator, said the AFP "will continue to uphold its mandate of defending the sovereignty of our state, upholding the integrity of our territory and protecting the democratic way of life of our people, with full respect for human rights, international humanitarian law and the primacy of the rule of law."

      Duterte initially imposed a 60-day martial law in Mindanao on May 23, 2017, after militants laid siege to Marawi, a predominantly Muslim city in Mindanao.

      At the height of the intense fighting to retake Marawi from the pro-IS terrorist in July 2017, Duterte asked Congress to extend the martial law until December 2017, a request that lawmakers easily approved.

      When the extension expired in December 2017, Duterte again asked Congress to extend it until Dec. 31, 2018.

      The 1987 Philippine Constitution only allows the president to declare martial law for a maximum of 60 days. Any extension would require approval from Congress.

      010020070750000000000000011100001376709221
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 中字亚洲国产精品一区二区 | 麻豆av一区二区天堂| 亚洲av成人一区二区三区色| 亚洲欧洲精品成人久久曰不卡| 国产精品美女久久久久浪潮AVⅤ| 国产精品一区中文字幕| 国产精品一区二区三区不卡| 久久亚洲国产成人精品性色| 亚洲中文字幕va福利| 日日噜噜夜夜狠狠2021| 白白色发布永久免费观看视频| 首页 综合国产 亚洲 丝袜日本| 中文字幕久久综合久久88| 爆乳熟妇一区二区三区霸乳| 日本护士一区二区三区高清热线| 亚洲精品高清av在线播放| 万全县| 日本久久久免费高清| 91成人在线免费视频| 久久久久国产精品免费免费搜索| 国产成人亚洲综合无码dvd| 国产999久久高清免费观看| 国产毛片A啊久久久久| 瑞丽市| 亚洲最大成av人网站| 最新国产美女一区二区三区| 欧美黑人巨大videos精品男男| 国产精品三级一区二区按摩| 日本啪啪一区二区三区| 日韩亚洲欧美精品| 国产一区二区三区杨幂| 国产精品一区2区三区| 老少配老妇老熟女中文普通话| 一区二区三区鲁丝不卡| 国产爆乳美女娇喘呻吟久久| 亚洲国产av自拍精选| 99精品久久久久久久婷婷| 一区二区视频日韩免费| 日本视频高清一道一区| 放荡人妻一区二区三区| 欧美韩国精品另类综合|