亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码
       
      U.S. starts to withdraw troop from Syria with no timetable revealed
                       Source: Xinhua | 2018-12-20 07:40:37 | Editor: huaxia

      The U.S. flag flutters on a military vehicle in Manbej countryside,Syria May 12, 2018. (Xinhua/REUTERS)

      WASHINGTON, Dec. 19 (Xinhua) -- The Trump administration announced on Wednesday that it has started returning U.S. troops home from Syria after claiming a victory in the fight against the Islamic State (IS) without revealing any detailed timetable.

      "We have started returning United States troops home as we transition to the next phase of this campaign," said White House Spokesperson Sarah Sanders in a statement, claiming that America has "defeated the territorial caliphate."

      Pentagon later echoed the White House claim, saying that the U.S. military has already begun the process of bringing the U.S. forces back while emphasizing the continuity of the campaign.

      "The Coalition has liberated ISIS (the IS)-held territory, but the campaign against ISIS is not over," the Pentagon spokeswoman Dana White said in a tweet.

      All U.S. State Department personnel are being evacuated from Syria within 24 hours, reported Reuters after the White House announcement, citing an anonymous administration official.

      The official also revealed that the time-frame for the troops withdrawal from the war-torn Arab country is expected to be between 60 and 100 days, according to the report.

      However, a senior Trump administration official, during a background briefing held on Wednesday afternoon, did not directly answer reporters' questions on how the administration intends to withdraw the troops or whether there will a deadline for that.

      Sanders' statement came about one hour after U.S. President Donald Trump hinted in a tweet about imminent U.S. troop withdrawal from Syria.

      "We have defeated ISIS in Syria, my only reason for being there during the Trump Presidency," Trump tweeted on Wednesday morning.

      Earlier on the day, U.S. media cited anonymous officials as saying that the United States is planning a "rapid" and "full" withdrawal of troops from Syria.

      Currently, there are more than 2,000 U.S. soldiers deployed in Syria.

      Trump has long voiced his desire to bring the U.S. troops back home when possible, while senior administration officials including Defense Secretary James Mattis have advocated for a longer-term military deployment in Syria to secure a victory against the IS.

      Meanwhile, the Trump administration's claim about victory against the IS has been questioned.

      "I strongly disagree. It has morphed into other forms of extremism and the threat is very much alive," tweeted British Defense Minister Tobias Ellwood, following Trump's claim on the social media.

      Senior Republican Senator Lindsey Graham warned "devastating consequences" for U.S. troops quitting Syria.

      "An American withdrawal at this time would be a big win for ISIS, Iran, Bashar al Assad of Syria, and Russia," the lawmaker from the state of South Carolina said in a statement on Wednesday.

      The senator also noted that the withdrawal will "put the Kurds and all those who came to America's aid in destroying ISIS at tremendous risk."

      The U.S. has been backing the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) for a long time in the battles against the IS, managing to make important achievement in defeating IS in its de facto capital of Raqqa in northern Syria in 2017.

      However, Turkey has for long been outright about its enmity to the Kurdish forces.

      Back to Top Close
      Xinhuanet

      U.S. starts to withdraw troop from Syria with no timetable revealed

      Source: Xinhua 2018-12-20 07:40:37

      The U.S. flag flutters on a military vehicle in Manbej countryside,Syria May 12, 2018. (Xinhua/REUTERS)

      WASHINGTON, Dec. 19 (Xinhua) -- The Trump administration announced on Wednesday that it has started returning U.S. troops home from Syria after claiming a victory in the fight against the Islamic State (IS) without revealing any detailed timetable.

      "We have started returning United States troops home as we transition to the next phase of this campaign," said White House Spokesperson Sarah Sanders in a statement, claiming that America has "defeated the territorial caliphate."

      Pentagon later echoed the White House claim, saying that the U.S. military has already begun the process of bringing the U.S. forces back while emphasizing the continuity of the campaign.

      "The Coalition has liberated ISIS (the IS)-held territory, but the campaign against ISIS is not over," the Pentagon spokeswoman Dana White said in a tweet.

      All U.S. State Department personnel are being evacuated from Syria within 24 hours, reported Reuters after the White House announcement, citing an anonymous administration official.

      The official also revealed that the time-frame for the troops withdrawal from the war-torn Arab country is expected to be between 60 and 100 days, according to the report.

      However, a senior Trump administration official, during a background briefing held on Wednesday afternoon, did not directly answer reporters' questions on how the administration intends to withdraw the troops or whether there will a deadline for that.

      Sanders' statement came about one hour after U.S. President Donald Trump hinted in a tweet about imminent U.S. troop withdrawal from Syria.

      "We have defeated ISIS in Syria, my only reason for being there during the Trump Presidency," Trump tweeted on Wednesday morning.

      Earlier on the day, U.S. media cited anonymous officials as saying that the United States is planning a "rapid" and "full" withdrawal of troops from Syria.

      Currently, there are more than 2,000 U.S. soldiers deployed in Syria.

      Trump has long voiced his desire to bring the U.S. troops back home when possible, while senior administration officials including Defense Secretary James Mattis have advocated for a longer-term military deployment in Syria to secure a victory against the IS.

      Meanwhile, the Trump administration's claim about victory against the IS has been questioned.

      "I strongly disagree. It has morphed into other forms of extremism and the threat is very much alive," tweeted British Defense Minister Tobias Ellwood, following Trump's claim on the social media.

      Senior Republican Senator Lindsey Graham warned "devastating consequences" for U.S. troops quitting Syria.

      "An American withdrawal at this time would be a big win for ISIS, Iran, Bashar al Assad of Syria, and Russia," the lawmaker from the state of South Carolina said in a statement on Wednesday.

      The senator also noted that the withdrawal will "put the Kurds and all those who came to America's aid in destroying ISIS at tremendous risk."

      The U.S. has been backing the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) for a long time in the battles against the IS, managing to make important achievement in defeating IS in its de facto capital of Raqqa in northern Syria in 2017.

      However, Turkey has for long been outright about its enmity to the Kurdish forces.

      010020070750000000000000011100001376860151
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 久九九久视频精品网站| 久久精品国产99久久久小说| 国产精品亚洲专区无码影院| 人妻人人澡人人添人人爽| 亚洲嫩模一区二区三区视频 | 亚洲区一区二区激情文学| 最新版av天堂熟女免费播放| 国产精品毛片一区二区熟女| 91中文人妻丝袜乱一区三区| 蜜臀98精品国产免费观看| 伊人激情综合中文字幕| 亚洲中出视频| 亚洲精品区二区三区蜜桃| 最新亚洲人AV日韩一区二区| 亚洲欧美精品网站在线观看| 免费大学生国产在线观看p| 一区二区中文字幕视频| 日本熟妇中文字幕三级| 国产av黄色一区二区三区| 国产女人精品视频国产灰线| 谷城县| 免费在线日韩| 久久精品亚洲乱码伦伦中文| 国产在线观看网址不卡一区| 平山县| 欧美在线Aⅴ性色| 亚洲国产精品VA在线观看香蕉| 好爽~又到高潮了毛片视频| 视频一区二区三区中文字幕| 国产AV秘 无码一区二区三区| 欧美日韩激情| 国产爽片一区二区三区| 久久青青草视频免费观看| 日本边添边摸边做边爱喷水| 国产又粗又猛又爽| 亚洲中文字幕黄色小视频 | 亚洲欧美国产日韩天堂区| 午夜精品一区二区三区免费视频 | 日韩人妻精品一区二区在线推荐| 无套内射视频囯产| 50路熟女|