亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码
       
      Roundup: No breakthrough in talks to end U.S. gov't shutdown
                       Source: Xinhua | 2019-01-06 07:40:46 | Editor: huaxia

      The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island ferry transports passengers on January 5, 2019, in New York, as the US governmentshutdown enters its third week. - New York state funds are being used to keep the attractions open during the shutdown which has affected U.S. National Parks. (Xinhua/AFP)

      WASHINGTON, Jan. 5 (Xinhua) -- Senior Trump administration officials and Democratic congressional staffers met Saturday without achieving any breakthrough in ending a partial government shutdown and breaking a deadlock over funding for a proposed U.S.-Mexico border wall.

      A readout provided by the office of Vice President Mike Pence, who led the administration's team, said "the conversation was productive" and both sides agreed to meet again Sunday afternoon.

      U.S. President Donald Trump is demanding over 5 billion U.S. dollars in border security to deliver his signature campaign promise to build a wall along the U.S. southern border with Mexico, which has strongly rejected by Democrats.

      Their disagreement has led to a budget impasse and a partial government shutdown, which enters its 15th day Saturday, affecting nine cabinet-level departments and dozens of agencies as well as jobs and paychecks of some 800,000 federal employees.

      The Pence readout said there was "no in depth conversation about dollar figure" for funding the wall but "the priorities for security." Pence also reiterated Trump's position that "we need funding for the border wall."

      Jared Kushner, Trump's son-in-law and a senior White House adviser, also attended the meeting in the Eisenhower Executive Office Building along with Trump's acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney and Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen.

      They were negotiating with senior staff for congressional Democratic leadership.

      Nielsen briefed the negotiators on the situation on the U.S.-Mexico border, according to the readout, adding that the Democratic side "requested further details in writing on the needs" of her department.

      Trump dug in on his proposal again Saturday morning, tweeting that "we are working hard at the Border, but we need a WALL!"

      The president said Friday after meeting with congressional Democratic leaders that he was prepared for a partial government shutdown to last for months or even years if they don't agree to provide funding for border security, including the wall.

      He also signaled a possibility of using emergency powers to build the wall without congressional approval and necessary funds.

      House Democrats passed a spending package earlier this week, including a stopgap bill to keep the Homeland Security Department funded at the current level until Feb. 8, and measures to fund the eight other cabinet departments affected by the shutdown through Sept. 30, the end of the fiscal year.

      However, those measures are unlikely to be taken up by the Republican-held Senate or be signed by Trump as they do not provide money for Trump's border wall.

      Back to Top Close
      Xinhuanet

      Roundup: No breakthrough in talks to end U.S. gov't shutdown

      Source: Xinhua 2019-01-06 07:40:46

      The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island ferry transports passengers on January 5, 2019, in New York, as the US governmentshutdown enters its third week. - New York state funds are being used to keep the attractions open during the shutdown which has affected U.S. National Parks. (Xinhua/AFP)

      WASHINGTON, Jan. 5 (Xinhua) -- Senior Trump administration officials and Democratic congressional staffers met Saturday without achieving any breakthrough in ending a partial government shutdown and breaking a deadlock over funding for a proposed U.S.-Mexico border wall.

      A readout provided by the office of Vice President Mike Pence, who led the administration's team, said "the conversation was productive" and both sides agreed to meet again Sunday afternoon.

      U.S. President Donald Trump is demanding over 5 billion U.S. dollars in border security to deliver his signature campaign promise to build a wall along the U.S. southern border with Mexico, which has strongly rejected by Democrats.

      Their disagreement has led to a budget impasse and a partial government shutdown, which enters its 15th day Saturday, affecting nine cabinet-level departments and dozens of agencies as well as jobs and paychecks of some 800,000 federal employees.

      The Pence readout said there was "no in depth conversation about dollar figure" for funding the wall but "the priorities for security." Pence also reiterated Trump's position that "we need funding for the border wall."

      Jared Kushner, Trump's son-in-law and a senior White House adviser, also attended the meeting in the Eisenhower Executive Office Building along with Trump's acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney and Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen.

      They were negotiating with senior staff for congressional Democratic leadership.

      Nielsen briefed the negotiators on the situation on the U.S.-Mexico border, according to the readout, adding that the Democratic side "requested further details in writing on the needs" of her department.

      Trump dug in on his proposal again Saturday morning, tweeting that "we are working hard at the Border, but we need a WALL!"

      The president said Friday after meeting with congressional Democratic leaders that he was prepared for a partial government shutdown to last for months or even years if they don't agree to provide funding for border security, including the wall.

      He also signaled a possibility of using emergency powers to build the wall without congressional approval and necessary funds.

      House Democrats passed a spending package earlier this week, including a stopgap bill to keep the Homeland Security Department funded at the current level until Feb. 8, and measures to fund the eight other cabinet departments affected by the shutdown through Sept. 30, the end of the fiscal year.

      However, those measures are unlikely to be taken up by the Republican-held Senate or be signed by Trump as they do not provide money for Trump's border wall.

      010020070750000000000000011100001377225751
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 桃子视频亚洲一二三区| 影音先锋每日av色资源站| 国产成人精品视频不卡| 国产高清在线男人的天堂| 精品日韩欧美一区二区三区在线播放| 国产美女亚洲精品一区| 国产成年无码久久久久下载| 亚洲成a∧人片在线播放调教| 五月天婷婷在线视频| 欧美日韩激情在线一区二区| 久久精品国产亚洲av热九九热| 欧美激情精品久久| 国产成人午夜福利在线观看| 无套中出丰满人妻无码| 一区二区三区蜜桃在线视频| 国产精品偷伦免费观看的| 蜜桃一区二区三区视频| 日本一区二区三区专线| 手机AV片在线| 在线亚洲精品国产成人二区| av亚洲一区二区在线| 欧美大片18禁aaa片免费| 蜜桃一区二区午夜啪啪| 漂亮人妻不敢呻吟被中出| 久久久精品国产亚洲麻色欲| 无码人妻精品一区二区三区下载 | 久久久一本精品99久久精品77| 91久久综合精品国产丝袜长腿| 黄色三级毛片网站| 中文字幕日韩丝袜一区| 德兴市| 第九色区Aⅴ天堂| 亚洲国产中文精品va在线播放 | 免费a级黄毛片| 九九成人免费视频| 激情综合网一区二区三区| 国产69精品久久久久9999apgf| 精品亚洲一区二区视频| 久久久婷婷综合五月天| 亚洲另类激情综合偷自拍图片| 亚洲永久免费网站|