亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码
       
      Trump shows no signs of budging on border wall funding as weekend talks falter
                       Source: Xinhua | 2019-01-07 22:33:44 | Editor: huaxia

      File Photo: U.S. President Donald Trump speaks during a press conference at the White House Rose Garden in Washington D.C., the United States, on Jan. 4, 2019. (Xinhua/Ting Shen)

      WASHINGTON, Jan. 6 (Xinhua) -- After a weekend of talks between White House officials and Democratic lawmakers, U.S. President Donald Trump on Sunday showed no signs of yielding to pressures or giving up his demand funding the construction of a physical barrier on the U.S.-Mexico border.

      Trump tweeted in the evening that his administration is now planning to build a "steel barrier" rather than "concrete" wall on the southern border following what he said was a "productive" meeting during the day between Vice President Mike Pence and congressional Democratic staffers.

      Heading to Camp David in Maryland for a meeting with White House staff, Trump told reporters that he will not give up the border barrier, which is one of his primary presidential campaign promises in 2016. "There's not going to be any bend there," he said.

      The border wall issue was also among the topics at the Camp David meeting, according to media reports. Upon returning to the White House in the afternoon, Trump told reporters he had told his aids to use the term "steel barrier" instead of concrete wall because the Democrats "don't like concrete, so we'll give them steel."

      Disputes between the White House and Democratic lawmakers over the wall led to a federal budget deadlock that triggered a partial government shutdown, which is entering the third week.

      The Democrats, who gained more leverage in the fight after seizing House majority Thursday, also pledged to strengthen border security, but view the wall as immoral and ineffective. They agreed to offer 1.3 billion U.S. dollars for border security, not the wall.

      Trump declared in the morning that he can hammer out a deal with Democratic leaders "in 20 minutes, if they want to," adding that if they are unwilling to reach an agreement, the shutdown is "going to go on for a long time."

      Pence and his group held talks Saturday through Sunday with representatives of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, both of whom are Democrats, to find solutions for reopening the government.

      "During our meetings with congressional staff this weekend, we made it clear that we have a crisis on our southern border, and we outlined the president's plan to secure our border, build a wall, and protect the American people," Pence said after the Sunday meeting.

      For the part of the Democratic Party, Schumer on Sunday suggested treating the effort to end the shutdown and the debate on border security separately, adding that the longer the shutdown drags on, the bigger the pressure will grow.

      In addition, Schumer told reporters in New York that "a growing number of Republicans" are joining the Democrats in calling for solutions to reopen the government, according to U.S. media. Senate Majority leader Mitch McConnell last week kicked the ball to the Democrats' side as his spokesman said the Senate will not pass any bill that the president won't sign.

      Pelosi said she is prepared to begin passing individual bills in the coming days to resume the function of federal agencies shut down due to a lapse in appropriations. She and Schumer said in a statement last week that "it would be the height of irresponsibility and political cynicism of the Senate Republicans" to block the Democrats' effort to reopen the government.

      Trump said earlier Sunday that he expects "some very serious talks (to) come Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday," but, according to media reports, one Democratic official familiar with the Pence-Democrats meeting said no further discussions were scheduled yet.

      Back to Top Close
      Xinhuanet

      Trump shows no signs of budging on border wall funding as weekend talks falter

      Source: Xinhua 2019-01-07 22:33:44

      File Photo: U.S. President Donald Trump speaks during a press conference at the White House Rose Garden in Washington D.C., the United States, on Jan. 4, 2019. (Xinhua/Ting Shen)

      WASHINGTON, Jan. 6 (Xinhua) -- After a weekend of talks between White House officials and Democratic lawmakers, U.S. President Donald Trump on Sunday showed no signs of yielding to pressures or giving up his demand funding the construction of a physical barrier on the U.S.-Mexico border.

      Trump tweeted in the evening that his administration is now planning to build a "steel barrier" rather than "concrete" wall on the southern border following what he said was a "productive" meeting during the day between Vice President Mike Pence and congressional Democratic staffers.

      Heading to Camp David in Maryland for a meeting with White House staff, Trump told reporters that he will not give up the border barrier, which is one of his primary presidential campaign promises in 2016. "There's not going to be any bend there," he said.

      The border wall issue was also among the topics at the Camp David meeting, according to media reports. Upon returning to the White House in the afternoon, Trump told reporters he had told his aids to use the term "steel barrier" instead of concrete wall because the Democrats "don't like concrete, so we'll give them steel."

      Disputes between the White House and Democratic lawmakers over the wall led to a federal budget deadlock that triggered a partial government shutdown, which is entering the third week.

      The Democrats, who gained more leverage in the fight after seizing House majority Thursday, also pledged to strengthen border security, but view the wall as immoral and ineffective. They agreed to offer 1.3 billion U.S. dollars for border security, not the wall.

      Trump declared in the morning that he can hammer out a deal with Democratic leaders "in 20 minutes, if they want to," adding that if they are unwilling to reach an agreement, the shutdown is "going to go on for a long time."

      Pence and his group held talks Saturday through Sunday with representatives of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, both of whom are Democrats, to find solutions for reopening the government.

      "During our meetings with congressional staff this weekend, we made it clear that we have a crisis on our southern border, and we outlined the president's plan to secure our border, build a wall, and protect the American people," Pence said after the Sunday meeting.

      For the part of the Democratic Party, Schumer on Sunday suggested treating the effort to end the shutdown and the debate on border security separately, adding that the longer the shutdown drags on, the bigger the pressure will grow.

      In addition, Schumer told reporters in New York that "a growing number of Republicans" are joining the Democrats in calling for solutions to reopen the government, according to U.S. media. Senate Majority leader Mitch McConnell last week kicked the ball to the Democrats' side as his spokesman said the Senate will not pass any bill that the president won't sign.

      Pelosi said she is prepared to begin passing individual bills in the coming days to resume the function of federal agencies shut down due to a lapse in appropriations. She and Schumer said in a statement last week that "it would be the height of irresponsibility and political cynicism of the Senate Republicans" to block the Democrats' effort to reopen the government.

      Trump said earlier Sunday that he expects "some very serious talks (to) come Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday," but, according to media reports, one Democratic official familiar with the Pence-Democrats meeting said no further discussions were scheduled yet.

      010020070750000000000000011100001377267511
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 日本欧美午夜| 欧美成人网视频| 色综合久久婷婷五月| 国产精品成人自拍视频| 国产粉嫩嫩00在线正在播放| 亚洲免费成年女性毛视频| 国产人av一区二区三区在线观看 | 午夜亚洲国产精品福利| 亚洲网站免费看| 精品无码久久久久久久久粉色| 国产成人久视频免费| 狼狼狼色精品视频在线播放| 亚欧同人精品天堂| 日韩有码中文字幕国产| 亚洲AV无码国产精品色午夜软件| 监利县| 免费看奶头视频的网站| 国产性夜夜春夜夜爽免费下载 | 亚洲欧美日韩精品香蕉| 男女啪啪无遮挡免费网站| 国产精品第一区| 久久精品有码中文字幕1| 亚洲欧洲久久久精品| 无码国产精品一区二区VR老人| 国产精品人成视频免| 亚洲国产精品夜男人天堂| 久久久国产精品樱花网站| 无码av不卡免费播放| 亚洲最新版av无码中文字幕一区| 谁有在线观看av中文| 国产一区,二区,三区免费视频| 中国女人高潮hd| 国产丝袜美腿美女视频| 免费无码AⅤ片在线观看| 国产美女在线精品亚洲二区| 久久天天躁狠狠躁夜夜躁| 美女自卫慰黄网站| 亚洲美女av日韩一区| 亚洲高潮喷水中文字幕| 国产主播av福利精品一区| 国产乱子伦视频在线观看|