亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码
       
      Jolo in southern Philippines on lockdown after twin blasts
                       Source: Xinhua | 2019-01-29 11:13:44 | Editor: huaxia

      Police and military personnel look at debris from an explosion scene inside a church on the island of Jolo in Sulu Province, the Philippines, Jan. 27, 2019. (Xinhua/Stringer)

      MANILA, Jan. 28 (Xinhua) -- Jolo in southern Philippine Sulu province is on lockdown as security forces investigated the twin explosions at a Roman Catholic cathedral that killed 20 people and wounded over 100 on Sunday, authorities said on Monday.

      The Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) and the Philippine National Police (PNP) are on heightened alert after two improvised explosive devices (IEDs) went off Sunday at the Cathedral of Our Lady of Mount Carmel on the island of Jolo in southern Philippine province of Sulu.

      Philippine Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana said President Rodrigo Duterte ordered the military to crush the Abu Sayyaf for all the atrocities they committed against the people.

      Philippine authorities blamed the attack on the Abu Sayyaf Group, a bunch of up to 400 violent extremists behind the series of bombings, kidnappings, and beheadings in Western Mindanao in southern Philippines. The group is based on the island provinces of Basilan and Sulu.

      Authorities are hunting at least six people who were seen on surveillance cameras around the church.

      Duterte is outraged by the attack, presidential spokesman Salvador Panelo said, adding that Duterte expressed disappointment that despite the movement to tread the path towards peace and development in Mindanao, there are still forces that sow terror and kill people.

      "He has issued a directive to the AFP to secure the safety of the citizenry and to attend to the injured and provide support to the families of the victims," Panelo told a news conference at the presidential palace.

      Duterte visited Jolo on Monday. He was seen inspecting the bloodied floor of the church strewn with mangled wooded pews and shredded ceiling.

      PNP Director General Oscar Albayalde told reporters at a new conference in Jolo that there are no indications that the attack was carried out by a suicide bomber.

      Based on initial investigation, he said the bombers used pipe bombs stuffed with about two kg of explosives to achieve a maximum effect of lethality and terror.

      Albayalde added that checkpoints were set up to "contain" the area. Stores were closed and people are told to keep off the streets.

      Authorities have declared a heightened alert status to ensure that no similar attacks will break out in other parts of the country.

      Under heightened alert, police regional directors nationwide are mandated to intensify their security measures.

      Jefferson Nadua, a priest assigned in the cathedral, said he received reports that a teenager critically wounded in the blasts died in the hospital in Zamboanga City where the victim was airlifted on last Sunday.

      Nadua said that there were an estimated 100 to 120 churchgoers inside and at the entrance of the church when the explosions took place while a celebration was underway.

      "It's the worst (attack) so far. This is a call for us to be united as people, to be one and to cry out for justice," he told a local television interview.

      It was not the first time that the cathedral was attacked, according to Nadua, adding that there were a number of similar attack in the past.

      Back to Top Close
      Xinhuanet

      Jolo in southern Philippines on lockdown after twin blasts

      Source: Xinhua 2019-01-29 11:13:44

      Police and military personnel look at debris from an explosion scene inside a church on the island of Jolo in Sulu Province, the Philippines, Jan. 27, 2019. (Xinhua/Stringer)

      MANILA, Jan. 28 (Xinhua) -- Jolo in southern Philippine Sulu province is on lockdown as security forces investigated the twin explosions at a Roman Catholic cathedral that killed 20 people and wounded over 100 on Sunday, authorities said on Monday.

      The Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) and the Philippine National Police (PNP) are on heightened alert after two improvised explosive devices (IEDs) went off Sunday at the Cathedral of Our Lady of Mount Carmel on the island of Jolo in southern Philippine province of Sulu.

      Philippine Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana said President Rodrigo Duterte ordered the military to crush the Abu Sayyaf for all the atrocities they committed against the people.

      Philippine authorities blamed the attack on the Abu Sayyaf Group, a bunch of up to 400 violent extremists behind the series of bombings, kidnappings, and beheadings in Western Mindanao in southern Philippines. The group is based on the island provinces of Basilan and Sulu.

      Authorities are hunting at least six people who were seen on surveillance cameras around the church.

      Duterte is outraged by the attack, presidential spokesman Salvador Panelo said, adding that Duterte expressed disappointment that despite the movement to tread the path towards peace and development in Mindanao, there are still forces that sow terror and kill people.

      "He has issued a directive to the AFP to secure the safety of the citizenry and to attend to the injured and provide support to the families of the victims," Panelo told a news conference at the presidential palace.

      Duterte visited Jolo on Monday. He was seen inspecting the bloodied floor of the church strewn with mangled wooded pews and shredded ceiling.

      PNP Director General Oscar Albayalde told reporters at a new conference in Jolo that there are no indications that the attack was carried out by a suicide bomber.

      Based on initial investigation, he said the bombers used pipe bombs stuffed with about two kg of explosives to achieve a maximum effect of lethality and terror.

      Albayalde added that checkpoints were set up to "contain" the area. Stores were closed and people are told to keep off the streets.

      Authorities have declared a heightened alert status to ensure that no similar attacks will break out in other parts of the country.

      Under heightened alert, police regional directors nationwide are mandated to intensify their security measures.

      Jefferson Nadua, a priest assigned in the cathedral, said he received reports that a teenager critically wounded in the blasts died in the hospital in Zamboanga City where the victim was airlifted on last Sunday.

      Nadua said that there were an estimated 100 to 120 churchgoers inside and at the entrance of the church when the explosions took place while a celebration was underway.

      "It's the worst (attack) so far. This is a call for us to be united as people, to be one and to cry out for justice," he told a local television interview.

      It was not the first time that the cathedral was attacked, according to Nadua, adding that there were a number of similar attack in the past.

      010020070750000000000000011100001377836231
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲人成网站色7799在线播放| 久久国产精99精产国高潮| 狠狠色噜噜狠狠狠狠97俺也去| 亚洲一区视频| 伊人亚洲综合网色| 水蜜桃一二二视频在线观看免费 | 久久久亚洲精品蜜桃臀| 亚洲精品第一国产综合精品| 日韩AV高潮喷水在线观看| 亚洲国产不卡av一区二区三区| 亚洲国产精彩在线视频| 区无码字幕中文色| 在线观看片A免费不卡观看| 狠狠干狠狠爱| av天堂资源网在线播放| 丁香婷婷色| 久久精品国产亚洲av热九| 亚洲一区二区三区四区| 亚洲传媒av一区二区三区| 一区二区久久精品66国产精品| 国产午夜无码片在线观看| 岛国av一区在线播放| 免费观看在线视频一区| 精品樱空桃一区二区三区| 亚洲熟伦在线视频| 免费一级A片在线观看不卡| av亚洲在线一区二区| 国产在线一区二区三区在线观看| 亚洲国产精品毛片在线看| 麻豆AV无码久久精品蜜桃久久| 韩国无码精品人妻一区二| 午夜麻豆影片在线观看| www.五月激情| 性做久久久久久久| 国产高清在线精品一区αpp| 中文在线а天堂| 人妻丰满少妇一二三区 | 欧美在线成人免费国产| 国产丝袜美腿诱惑在线观看| 日韩人妻系列在线视频| 精品一区二区三区在线观看视频|