亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码
       
      UN humanitarian chief stresses need for access to Syria
                       Source: Xinhua | 2019-01-31 02:53:27 | Editor: huaxia

      A Syrian child pulls over his back a sack while walking in the mud at a camp for the displaced near the village of Shamarin, near the border with Turkey in the northern Aleppo province, on Dec. 6, 2018. (Xinhua/AFP)

      UNITED NATIONS, Jan. 30 (Xinhua) -- UN humanitarian chief Mark Lowcock on Wednesday stressed the need for access to Syria so that aid can reach people in need, particularly in the context of harsh winter.

      Lowcock, the UN undersecretary-general for humanitarian affairs, said an aid convoy is urgently needed for some 42,000 people stranded in Rukban along the Syria-Jordan border.

      Conditions in the informal settlement have continued to deteriorate since the last humanitarian convoy to the area on Nov. 3-8. Eight infants have reportedly died since last month. And the cold is making the situation even worse, Lowcock told the Security Council. "So it is critical that the parties support a second convoy to Rukban."

      The United Nations has been engaged on multiple fronts to ensure it can happen, including by addressing concerns expressed by Russia and the government of Syria about the security of the convoy and monitoring arrangements for aid distributions, said Lowcock.

      The convoy will include more than 100 trucks of relief supplies, focusing on food, winterization support and health, nutrition and household and water and sanitation items, as well as vaccination, he said.

      The United Nations received verbal approval on Sunday from the Syrian Foreign Ministry for the convoy to proceed. Security guarantees have also been received from Russia and international coalition forces, said Lowcock.

      "Planning is now under way for loading of the trucks to begin before the end of this week, and for them to set off by Feb. 5. We call on all parties to ensure that this goes ahead without any further delay."

      The team plans to stay in Rukban for at least a week, to ensure sufficient time to monitor distributions, carry out an intention survey to help identify a durable solution for those people in the informal settlement, and vaccinate as many children as possible, said Lowcock.

      In terms of security, it has been agreed that there will be a 5-km buffer zone between the armed groups present in the area and the convoy to avoid any interference, he said.

      However, protection for the accompanying personnel must be provided at the offloading point and the accommodation site, and security is needed inside the informal settlement to guard aid distribution, vaccination and the conducting of the intention survey, said Lowcock.

      The UN humanitarian chief also expressed concern over renewed violence in the northwest and the northeast.

      In the de-escalation zone of Idlib in the northwest, the risk of military escalation continues to loom, he said.

      The September 2018 agreement between Russia and Turkey that averted an offensive on Idlib by the Syrian government was followed by a significant decrease in ground fighting and airstrikes. However, January 2019 saw an increase in fighting between non-state armed groups, placing civilians at risk and resulting in injury and death, he said.

      "Today I reiterate the importance of sustaining the Russia-Turkey agreement and I remind you that a large-scale military operation in Idlib would have catastrophic humanitarian implications," he warned.

      Turning to the northeast of the country, Lowcock voiced concern about the humanitarian impact of ongoing military operations in southeastern Deir-ez-Zor governorate, where thousands have been displaced and an unknown number of people remain trapped under Islamic State control.

      Since December 2018, about 20,000 people, mostly women and children, have been displaced from the Hajin area in Deir-ez-Zor into neighboring Hassakeh governorate. Some 25 children have died, either in transit or shortly after arrival, he said.

      Lowcock asked for support from all UN member states to ensure that the parties respect and protect civilians, with particular attention to the northwest and northeast of the country, and to avert "at all costs" a full military offensive on Idlib and the surrounding areas.

      Back to Top Close
      Xinhuanet

      UN humanitarian chief stresses need for access to Syria

      Source: Xinhua 2019-01-31 02:53:27

      A Syrian child pulls over his back a sack while walking in the mud at a camp for the displaced near the village of Shamarin, near the border with Turkey in the northern Aleppo province, on Dec. 6, 2018. (Xinhua/AFP)

      UNITED NATIONS, Jan. 30 (Xinhua) -- UN humanitarian chief Mark Lowcock on Wednesday stressed the need for access to Syria so that aid can reach people in need, particularly in the context of harsh winter.

      Lowcock, the UN undersecretary-general for humanitarian affairs, said an aid convoy is urgently needed for some 42,000 people stranded in Rukban along the Syria-Jordan border.

      Conditions in the informal settlement have continued to deteriorate since the last humanitarian convoy to the area on Nov. 3-8. Eight infants have reportedly died since last month. And the cold is making the situation even worse, Lowcock told the Security Council. "So it is critical that the parties support a second convoy to Rukban."

      The United Nations has been engaged on multiple fronts to ensure it can happen, including by addressing concerns expressed by Russia and the government of Syria about the security of the convoy and monitoring arrangements for aid distributions, said Lowcock.

      The convoy will include more than 100 trucks of relief supplies, focusing on food, winterization support and health, nutrition and household and water and sanitation items, as well as vaccination, he said.

      The United Nations received verbal approval on Sunday from the Syrian Foreign Ministry for the convoy to proceed. Security guarantees have also been received from Russia and international coalition forces, said Lowcock.

      "Planning is now under way for loading of the trucks to begin before the end of this week, and for them to set off by Feb. 5. We call on all parties to ensure that this goes ahead without any further delay."

      The team plans to stay in Rukban for at least a week, to ensure sufficient time to monitor distributions, carry out an intention survey to help identify a durable solution for those people in the informal settlement, and vaccinate as many children as possible, said Lowcock.

      In terms of security, it has been agreed that there will be a 5-km buffer zone between the armed groups present in the area and the convoy to avoid any interference, he said.

      However, protection for the accompanying personnel must be provided at the offloading point and the accommodation site, and security is needed inside the informal settlement to guard aid distribution, vaccination and the conducting of the intention survey, said Lowcock.

      The UN humanitarian chief also expressed concern over renewed violence in the northwest and the northeast.

      In the de-escalation zone of Idlib in the northwest, the risk of military escalation continues to loom, he said.

      The September 2018 agreement between Russia and Turkey that averted an offensive on Idlib by the Syrian government was followed by a significant decrease in ground fighting and airstrikes. However, January 2019 saw an increase in fighting between non-state armed groups, placing civilians at risk and resulting in injury and death, he said.

      "Today I reiterate the importance of sustaining the Russia-Turkey agreement and I remind you that a large-scale military operation in Idlib would have catastrophic humanitarian implications," he warned.

      Turning to the northeast of the country, Lowcock voiced concern about the humanitarian impact of ongoing military operations in southeastern Deir-ez-Zor governorate, where thousands have been displaced and an unknown number of people remain trapped under Islamic State control.

      Since December 2018, about 20,000 people, mostly women and children, have been displaced from the Hajin area in Deir-ez-Zor into neighboring Hassakeh governorate. Some 25 children have died, either in transit or shortly after arrival, he said.

      Lowcock asked for support from all UN member states to ensure that the parties respect and protect civilians, with particular attention to the northwest and northeast of the country, and to avert "at all costs" a full military offensive on Idlib and the surrounding areas.

      010020070750000000000000011100001377878791
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 精品亚洲韩国一区二区三区| 亚洲欧洲日产国码二区在线| 亚洲色婷婷综合久久| 精品91精品91精品国产片| 亚洲va久久久噜噜噜久久狠狠 | 97成人精品视频在线播放| 亚洲精品日本| 午夜福利日本一区二区无码| 69天堂人成无码免费视频| 亚洲综合日韩中文字幕| 亚洲第成色999久久网站| 精品国产亚洲av网站| 亚洲AV无码一区二区水蜜桃| 亚洲成av人片天堂网九九| 超碰观看| 久久久精品亚洲懂色av| 成人爽a毛片免费视频| 狠狠色欧美亚洲综合色黑a| 永久免费在线观看蜜桃视频 | 日韩电影在线观看完整版免费| 亚洲免费视频网站在线| 亚洲va视频| 欧美巨大xxxx做受中文字幕 | 国产精品第一区| 国产成人精品日本亚洲直播| 午夜亚洲国产理论片亚洲2020| 色偷偷女人的天堂亚洲网| 永久免费看啪啪的网站中国| 蜜桃视频成人专区在线观看| 亚洲综合一区二区三区视频| 亚洲区一区二在线视频| 在线天堂最新版资源| 无遮挡一级毛片呦女视频| 思思热在线视频精品| 无码伊人66久久大杳蕉网站谷歌| 在线观看网址你懂的| 国产成AV人片在线观看无码 | 色综合网天天综合色中文| 国产精品大白天新婚身材| 亚洲人妖女同在线播放| 亚洲高清在线不卡中文字幕网|