亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码
       
      Roundup: Senior military leader warns of IS danger, says talks with Taliban in "very early" stages
                       Source: Xinhua | 2019-02-07 00:12:36 | Editor: huaxia

      File Photo: The U.S. flag flutters on a military vehicle in Manbej countryside, Syria May 12, 2018. (Xinhua/REUTERS)

      WASHINGTON, Feb. 5 (Xinhua) -- A U.S. senior military official on Tuesday warned of the danger posed by the Islamic State (IS) forces to Syria and said U.S. talks with Afghan Taliban were in "very, very early" stages.

      General Joseph Votel, the chief commander of U.S. Central Command, told the Senate Armed Services Committee in a hearing that despite the progress of the multinational campaign against the IS in Syria, "it is important to understand that ... the fight against IS and violent extremists is not over and our mission has not changed."

      The commander that oversees U.S. troops in the Middle East and Afghanistan added that the current military gains achieved by a U.S.-led coalition "can only be secured by maintaining a vigilant offensive against the now largely dispersed and disaggregated ISIS that retains leaders, fighters, facilitators, resources and the profane ideology that fuels their efforts," and some remaining IS fighters have "dispersed" and "gone to ground."

      The IS forces have the ability of "coming back together," he noted.

      When asked whether he was asked for his advice about a Syria withdrawal before Trump announced his decision last year, Votel said that "I was not consulted."

      "I was not aware of the specific announcement. Certainly we were aware that he had expressed a desire and intent in the past to depart Syria," he noted.

      The U.S.-led multinational coalition has been engaged in an operation to drive out the IS militants from their last stronghold in the eastern Euphrates region in eastern Syria.

      In December, Trump abruptly announced his decision to withdraw U.S. troops from Syria, citing that the local IS force has been largely defeated.

      Speaking of the U.S. talks with Afghan Taliban, Votel said they were in "very, very early" stages and that the Afghan government would have to be part of the solution.

      "I would characterize where we are in the process as very, very early in the process," he said. "We clearly recognize that they (Afghan government) have to be a part of this solution and must be in the negotiation aspects of this, we can't do that on their behalf."

      The remarks were also apparently different from what U.S. Special Representative for Afghan Reconciliation Zalmay Khalilzad said last month that the United States and Afghan Taliban had made significant progress on vital issues after six days' consultations in Qatar.

      The meetings were "more productive than they have been in the past. We made significant progress on vital issues," Khalilzad tweeted.

      Trump later expressed optimism about the negotiations, tweeting that they "are proceeding well in Afghanistan after 18 years of fighting."

      There are about 14,000 U.S. troops currently deployed in Afghanistan, and the Trump administration reportedly planned to bring half of them home, sparking fear and criticism even among the Republicans.

      Back to Top Close
      Xinhuanet

      Roundup: Senior military leader warns of IS danger, says talks with Taliban in "very early" stages

      Source: Xinhua 2019-02-07 00:12:36

      File Photo: The U.S. flag flutters on a military vehicle in Manbej countryside, Syria May 12, 2018. (Xinhua/REUTERS)

      WASHINGTON, Feb. 5 (Xinhua) -- A U.S. senior military official on Tuesday warned of the danger posed by the Islamic State (IS) forces to Syria and said U.S. talks with Afghan Taliban were in "very, very early" stages.

      General Joseph Votel, the chief commander of U.S. Central Command, told the Senate Armed Services Committee in a hearing that despite the progress of the multinational campaign against the IS in Syria, "it is important to understand that ... the fight against IS and violent extremists is not over and our mission has not changed."

      The commander that oversees U.S. troops in the Middle East and Afghanistan added that the current military gains achieved by a U.S.-led coalition "can only be secured by maintaining a vigilant offensive against the now largely dispersed and disaggregated ISIS that retains leaders, fighters, facilitators, resources and the profane ideology that fuels their efforts," and some remaining IS fighters have "dispersed" and "gone to ground."

      The IS forces have the ability of "coming back together," he noted.

      When asked whether he was asked for his advice about a Syria withdrawal before Trump announced his decision last year, Votel said that "I was not consulted."

      "I was not aware of the specific announcement. Certainly we were aware that he had expressed a desire and intent in the past to depart Syria," he noted.

      The U.S.-led multinational coalition has been engaged in an operation to drive out the IS militants from their last stronghold in the eastern Euphrates region in eastern Syria.

      In December, Trump abruptly announced his decision to withdraw U.S. troops from Syria, citing that the local IS force has been largely defeated.

      Speaking of the U.S. talks with Afghan Taliban, Votel said they were in "very, very early" stages and that the Afghan government would have to be part of the solution.

      "I would characterize where we are in the process as very, very early in the process," he said. "We clearly recognize that they (Afghan government) have to be a part of this solution and must be in the negotiation aspects of this, we can't do that on their behalf."

      The remarks were also apparently different from what U.S. Special Representative for Afghan Reconciliation Zalmay Khalilzad said last month that the United States and Afghan Taliban had made significant progress on vital issues after six days' consultations in Qatar.

      The meetings were "more productive than they have been in the past. We made significant progress on vital issues," Khalilzad tweeted.

      Trump later expressed optimism about the negotiations, tweeting that they "are proceeding well in Afghanistan after 18 years of fighting."

      There are about 14,000 U.S. troops currently deployed in Afghanistan, and the Trump administration reportedly planned to bring half of them home, sparking fear and criticism even among the Republicans.

      010020070750000000000000011100001378032091
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 在线a人片免费观看国产| 国产中文字幕乱人伦在线观看| 久久免费视亚洲无码视频| 最近亚洲精品中文字幕| 久久天天躁狠狠躁夜夜avapp| 国产黑色丝袜在线观看视频| 亚洲av免费不卡一区二区| 国产精品麻豆A啊在线观看| 中文字幕AV无码一区二区蜜芽三区| 亚洲人妻中文字幕乱码在线| 一本久道久久综合狠狠躁av| 好爽~又到高潮了毛片视频 | 国产午夜av一区二区三区| 国产精品无码不卡在线播放| 五家渠市| 中文字幕乱偷乱码亚洲| 亚洲永久视频| 久久精品色妇熟女丰满| 亚洲av午夜福利精品一区二区| 国产精品亚洲婷婷99久久精品 | 国产精品白浆在线观看免费| 中文字幕在线一区二区在线| 免费在线观看国产v片| 国产av一区二区三区东北熟女 | 午夜精品一区二区三区无码不卡| 亚洲无码性爱视频在线观看| 亚州一区二区三区四区| 人妻少妇中文字幕久久69堂| 最近中文字幕mv在线视频2018| 无码精品人妻一区二区三区老牛| 调教女m屁股撅虐调教| 麻豆密入视频在线观看| 亚洲精品中文字幕观看| 国产精品美女久久久久久2021| 亚洲国产精品一区二区第一页免 | 欧美在线Aⅴ性色| 日本mv高清在线成人高清| 北条麻妃精品一区二区三区 | 久草午夜视频| 男人j进入女人j内部免费网站| 久久99av无色码人妻蜜柚 |