亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码
       
      Roundup: U.S. continues maneuver on Venezuela amid mixed international response to Guaido's legitimacy
                       Source: Xinhua | 2019-02-08 22:42:49 | Editor: huaxia

      File Photo: Juan Guaido (C), head of the opposition-controlled National Assembly, delivers a speech at the Francisco de Miranda avenue, in Caracas, Venezuela, on Jan. 23, 2019. (Xinhua/Boris Vergara)

      WASHINGTON, Feb. 7 (Xinhua) -- The United States on Thursday continued its diplomatic maneuver around Venezuela amid mixed international opinions over the legitimacy of Venezuela's self-claimed interim president Juan Guaido, who is the South American country's opposition leader.

      In a statement issued by Robert Palladino, the State Department's deputy spokesperson, U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo will, during his upcoming trip to Brussels, meet with European Union (EU) High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy, Federica Mogherini, to discuss U.S.-EU cooperation on a range of key issues including support for Guaido.

      Several separate statements issued by Palladino showed that U.S. Deputy Secretary of State John Sullivan on Thursday met with Spanish Vice Foreign Minister Fernando Venezuela at the State Department. During the meeting, Sullivan emphasized the U.S. support for Guaido in the political crisis in Venezuela.

      On Wednesday, Sullivan talked with Peruvian Vice Foreign Minister Hugo de Zela in Washington D.C. over a key role for Peru to play in the Lima Group in supporting the Venezuelan opposition and Guaido, as well as to address the flow of Venezuelan refugees and migrants.

      The Lima Group is a multilateral body established in August 2017 to focus on Venezuela's situation.

      As its diplomatic efforts stepped up on the Venezuelan crisis, Washington on Thursday said it is imposing a ban on the travel of the Venezuelan National Constituent Assembly's members to the United States, as part of its campaign to press Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro to cede power and leave Venezuela.

      Earlier on the same day, Craig Faller, head of the U.S. Southern Command, told a Senate Armed Services Committee hearing that the U.S. military is ready to protect U.S. personnel and diplomatic facilities in Venezuela if necessary.

      The international response to the aggressive interventionism by the United States regarding Venezuela and Guaido's legitimacy has been mixed. On Thursday, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) said it is still waiting for consensus among its member countries on whether to recognize Guaido's legitimacy.

      IMF spokesperson Gerry Rice told a press briefing that official recognition is needed before the institution's any financing program for Venezuela could be designed.

      "We're following the situation in Venezuela closely and as in all such cases the international community guides official recognition, and we will be guided by that," he said. "Before any other action could be taken by the IMF that step would need to be taken."

      "There was a question about ... possible design of a program or assistance," he added. "It would be premature to begin to talk about any specifics because again, we are following the guidance of the international community and that would need to be established."

      U.S. President Donald Trump on Jan. 23 announced the U.S. recognition of Guaido's claim as Venezuela's interim president, which came 10 days after Maduro was inaugurated as president.

      Maduro was re-elected in 2018. His first term of presidency began in April 2013.

      In response to Washington's support for Guaido, Maduro announced he was severing "diplomatic and political" ties with the United States, ordering all the U.S. diplomatic and consular personnel to leave Venezuela in 72 hours.

      For years, the United States has imposed diplomatic pressure and economic sanctions against Venezuela. Right before Maduro's inauguration in January, the U.S. Treasury Department imposed sanctions on seven Venezuelan individuals and 23 entities, accusing them of involvement in a corruption scheme.

      Back to Top Close
      Xinhuanet

      Roundup: U.S. continues maneuver on Venezuela amid mixed international response to Guaido's legitimacy

      Source: Xinhua 2019-02-08 22:42:49

      File Photo: Juan Guaido (C), head of the opposition-controlled National Assembly, delivers a speech at the Francisco de Miranda avenue, in Caracas, Venezuela, on Jan. 23, 2019. (Xinhua/Boris Vergara)

      WASHINGTON, Feb. 7 (Xinhua) -- The United States on Thursday continued its diplomatic maneuver around Venezuela amid mixed international opinions over the legitimacy of Venezuela's self-claimed interim president Juan Guaido, who is the South American country's opposition leader.

      In a statement issued by Robert Palladino, the State Department's deputy spokesperson, U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo will, during his upcoming trip to Brussels, meet with European Union (EU) High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy, Federica Mogherini, to discuss U.S.-EU cooperation on a range of key issues including support for Guaido.

      Several separate statements issued by Palladino showed that U.S. Deputy Secretary of State John Sullivan on Thursday met with Spanish Vice Foreign Minister Fernando Venezuela at the State Department. During the meeting, Sullivan emphasized the U.S. support for Guaido in the political crisis in Venezuela.

      On Wednesday, Sullivan talked with Peruvian Vice Foreign Minister Hugo de Zela in Washington D.C. over a key role for Peru to play in the Lima Group in supporting the Venezuelan opposition and Guaido, as well as to address the flow of Venezuelan refugees and migrants.

      The Lima Group is a multilateral body established in August 2017 to focus on Venezuela's situation.

      As its diplomatic efforts stepped up on the Venezuelan crisis, Washington on Thursday said it is imposing a ban on the travel of the Venezuelan National Constituent Assembly's members to the United States, as part of its campaign to press Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro to cede power and leave Venezuela.

      Earlier on the same day, Craig Faller, head of the U.S. Southern Command, told a Senate Armed Services Committee hearing that the U.S. military is ready to protect U.S. personnel and diplomatic facilities in Venezuela if necessary.

      The international response to the aggressive interventionism by the United States regarding Venezuela and Guaido's legitimacy has been mixed. On Thursday, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) said it is still waiting for consensus among its member countries on whether to recognize Guaido's legitimacy.

      IMF spokesperson Gerry Rice told a press briefing that official recognition is needed before the institution's any financing program for Venezuela could be designed.

      "We're following the situation in Venezuela closely and as in all such cases the international community guides official recognition, and we will be guided by that," he said. "Before any other action could be taken by the IMF that step would need to be taken."

      "There was a question about ... possible design of a program or assistance," he added. "It would be premature to begin to talk about any specifics because again, we are following the guidance of the international community and that would need to be established."

      U.S. President Donald Trump on Jan. 23 announced the U.S. recognition of Guaido's claim as Venezuela's interim president, which came 10 days after Maduro was inaugurated as president.

      Maduro was re-elected in 2018. His first term of presidency began in April 2013.

      In response to Washington's support for Guaido, Maduro announced he was severing "diplomatic and political" ties with the United States, ordering all the U.S. diplomatic and consular personnel to leave Venezuela in 72 hours.

      For years, the United States has imposed diplomatic pressure and economic sanctions against Venezuela. Right before Maduro's inauguration in January, the U.S. Treasury Department imposed sanctions on seven Venezuelan individuals and 23 entities, accusing them of involvement in a corruption scheme.

      010020070750000000000000011100001378074311
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 日韩av无码午夜福利电影| 国产无卡视频在线免费观看| 久久99国产精品久久| 欧洲亚洲国产精华液| 久久久久久久综合日本| 国产人妖xxxx做受视频| 国产精品亚洲综合天堂夜夜| 国产成人亚洲合集青青草原精品| 美国三级无码不卡中文字幕在线观看| 国产av办公室丝袜秘书| 中文字幕人成乱码熟女免费 | 日本东京热高清一区二区| 乌兰察布市| 日韩av一区二区三区四区av| 久久国产精品一区二区| 高清国产一级毛片国语| 色偷偷亚洲第一综合网| 在线免费观看毛片av| 亚洲国产成人av人片久久| 妺妺窝人体色www看人体| 久久99精品九九九久久婷婷| 国产不卡在线一区二区| 国产精品一区二区久久精品不卡| 日本熟妇hd8ex视频| 成人精品免费av不卡在线观看| 中文字幕一区二区三区日韩网 | 余干县| 久久免费网站91色网站| 伊人影院在线观看不卡| 久久久亚洲日本精品一区| 亚洲国产AⅤ精品一区二区不卡| 日韩在线视频不卡一区二区三区| 亚洲性色ai无码| 亚洲成人av在线系列| 国产综合自拍| 精品久久久久久无码专区不卡| 亚洲成在人网站AV天堂| 日韩久久免费精品视频| 亚洲天堂中文字幕乱码| 社旗县| 色婷婷丁香综合激情|