亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码
       
      Zimbabwe counts losses as death toll from Cyclone Idai floods rises to 70, hundreds missing
                       Source: Xinhua | 2019-03-18 21:39:29 | Editor: huaxia

      People walk through a flooded river in Chimanimani, Manicaland Province, Zimbabwe, March 17, 2019. (Xinhua/Shaun Jusa)

      HARARE, March 18 (Xinhua) -- Zimbabwe is starting to count the losses as the death toll caused by Cyclone Idai-induced floods hit 70 across three provinces, while access to the most affected areas in southeastern Zimbabwe remains curtailed.

      Manicaland Province has so far recorded 65 deaths while Masvingo and Mashonaland East provinces have recorded four and one respectively.

      Hundreds if others are still missing amid fears that the body count will rise further.

      The most severely affected area is Chimanimani district where most of the deaths have occurred, followed by Chipinge district in Manicaland Province.

      Local Government, Public Works and National Housing Minister July Moyo told state media Herald newspaper that the 65 deaths in Manicaland were caused by drowning and injuries sustained during mudslides.

      "We will continue with efforts to reach Chimanimani. Our army engineers as well as their counterparts from the Ministry of Transport are with us to help clear the way. We want to ensure that we reach the ground and render all the necessary assistance," he said Sunday night during a tour of some of the affected areas.

      Moyo confirmed that an international appeal for assistance had been made and some local well-wishers were already providing help.

      President Emmerson Mnangagwa, who had left the country on an official visit to the United Arab Emirates on Friday, just a few hours before the tropical cyclone hit the country, has had to cut short the trip and turned to the country on Monday.

      The Meteorological Services Department has forecast sunny breaks starting Monday as the cyclone continues to lose intensity as it heads towards Malawi.

      Roads and bridges have been severely damaged while thousands of people have been left homeless after their homes collapsed in the driving rains and floods.

      Communication is difficult in some areas and anxious relatives are trying to reach their loved ones through the less damaged roads, but increased traffic is now slowing down relief efforts.

      The government is now appealing to the relatives to stop driving into the affected areas until the victims have been attended to by the Civil Protection Unit.

      "The Civil Protection Unit wants to appeal to the general public to avoid visiting the cyclone ravaged Chimanimani and Chipinge areas. Increased traffic is causing road congestion that is disturbing the transportation of relief supplies and slowing down rescue efforts," a notice tweeted by the Ministry of Information, Media and Publicity said Monday.

      Government ministers are touring the affected areas and hope that army engineers will quickly clear the roads that are littered with debris.

      The clearer weather as the rains subside has also enabled the Air Force of Zimbabwe to fly its helicopters to affected areas and airlift the injured for medical treatment, the government said.

      However, some areas continue to be engulfed in mist, thereby slowing down rescue efforts.

      Churches across the country are also appealing to their congregants to help in cash or kind, while the corporate world has also chipped in with food, blankets and clothing.

      Nearly 200 pupils and their teachers at St Charles Luwanga School in Chipinge, who had been stranded since Friday, were rescued Sunday.

      The school is mourning the death of two pupils following a rockfall which hit their dormitory while they slept on Friday.

      The United Nations team in Zimbabwe has also joined the government and other partners in providing relief to about 8,000 people affected by the cyclone.

      Back to Top Close
      Xinhuanet

      Zimbabwe counts losses as death toll from Cyclone Idai floods rises to 70, hundreds missing

      Source: Xinhua 2019-03-18 21:39:29

      People walk through a flooded river in Chimanimani, Manicaland Province, Zimbabwe, March 17, 2019. (Xinhua/Shaun Jusa)

      HARARE, March 18 (Xinhua) -- Zimbabwe is starting to count the losses as the death toll caused by Cyclone Idai-induced floods hit 70 across three provinces, while access to the most affected areas in southeastern Zimbabwe remains curtailed.

      Manicaland Province has so far recorded 65 deaths while Masvingo and Mashonaland East provinces have recorded four and one respectively.

      Hundreds if others are still missing amid fears that the body count will rise further.

      The most severely affected area is Chimanimani district where most of the deaths have occurred, followed by Chipinge district in Manicaland Province.

      Local Government, Public Works and National Housing Minister July Moyo told state media Herald newspaper that the 65 deaths in Manicaland were caused by drowning and injuries sustained during mudslides.

      "We will continue with efforts to reach Chimanimani. Our army engineers as well as their counterparts from the Ministry of Transport are with us to help clear the way. We want to ensure that we reach the ground and render all the necessary assistance," he said Sunday night during a tour of some of the affected areas.

      Moyo confirmed that an international appeal for assistance had been made and some local well-wishers were already providing help.

      President Emmerson Mnangagwa, who had left the country on an official visit to the United Arab Emirates on Friday, just a few hours before the tropical cyclone hit the country, has had to cut short the trip and turned to the country on Monday.

      The Meteorological Services Department has forecast sunny breaks starting Monday as the cyclone continues to lose intensity as it heads towards Malawi.

      Roads and bridges have been severely damaged while thousands of people have been left homeless after their homes collapsed in the driving rains and floods.

      Communication is difficult in some areas and anxious relatives are trying to reach their loved ones through the less damaged roads, but increased traffic is now slowing down relief efforts.

      The government is now appealing to the relatives to stop driving into the affected areas until the victims have been attended to by the Civil Protection Unit.

      "The Civil Protection Unit wants to appeal to the general public to avoid visiting the cyclone ravaged Chimanimani and Chipinge areas. Increased traffic is causing road congestion that is disturbing the transportation of relief supplies and slowing down rescue efforts," a notice tweeted by the Ministry of Information, Media and Publicity said Monday.

      Government ministers are touring the affected areas and hope that army engineers will quickly clear the roads that are littered with debris.

      The clearer weather as the rains subside has also enabled the Air Force of Zimbabwe to fly its helicopters to affected areas and airlift the injured for medical treatment, the government said.

      However, some areas continue to be engulfed in mist, thereby slowing down rescue efforts.

      Churches across the country are also appealing to their congregants to help in cash or kind, while the corporate world has also chipped in with food, blankets and clothing.

      Nearly 200 pupils and their teachers at St Charles Luwanga School in Chipinge, who had been stranded since Friday, were rescued Sunday.

      The school is mourning the death of two pupils following a rockfall which hit their dormitory while they slept on Friday.

      The United Nations team in Zimbabwe has also joined the government and other partners in providing relief to about 8,000 people affected by the cyclone.

      010020070750000000000000011100001379052281
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 99riav精品国产| 国产又黄又硬又粗| 亚洲中文字幕无码av永久| 99精品国产兔费观看久久99| 五月婷婷深开心五月天| 精品熟妇av一区二区三区四区 | 久草久热这里只有精品| 亚洲自拍另类欧美综合| 久久久精品电影| 97午夜理论电影影院| 亚洲区少妇熟女专区| 一边下奶一边吃面膜视频| 69国产成人综合久久精| 亚洲熟妇无码久久精品疯| 色综合av综合无码综合网站 | 国产精品自拍中文字幕| 久久99精品久久久久久国产人妖| 一区二区三区四区亚洲综合 | 国产美女自卫慰视频福利| 久久99精品久久久66| 国产 在线播放无码不卡| 久久精品日本美女视频 | 婷婷五月亚洲综合图区| 丝袜美腿亚洲综合第一页| 国产精品三级av一区二区| 亚洲一区二区三区在线| 日韩毛片久久91| 日韩精品久久久肉伦网站| 伊人久久精品在热线热| 久久久精品中文字幕免费| 久久精品伊人无码二区| 亚洲国产韩国精品在线| 亚洲中文字幕五月五月婷| 中文字幕久久精品一二三区| 麻豆五月婷婷| 国产成人精品亚洲777人妖 | 岛国视频在线无码| 日韩av一区二区三区四区av| 欧美成人免费午夜全| 中文字幕人成乱码熟女免费| 青青草99久久精品国产综合|