亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码
       
      U.S. military no longer counts Afghanistan's land controlled by Taliban: report
                       Source: Xinhua | 2019-05-02 21:27:55 | Editor: huaxia

      File Photo: Suspected Taliban militants stand handcuffed in Nangarhar province, Afghanistan, Jan. 3, 2016. (Xinhua/Rahman Safi)

      WASHINGTON, May 1 (Xinhua) -- U.S. media reported on Wednesday that the U.S. military has stopped counting the land in Afghanistan still controlled by Taliban militants.

      According to a report of The New York Times, the U.S. military command in Afghanistan "has halted regular assessments of how many people and districts the government and insurgents there control."

      The report quoted the military as saying that the assessments had "limited decision-making value" for commanders.

      However, previous commanders in Afghanistan reportedly called these assessments "the metric that's most telling in a counterinsurgency," and military leaders have been "troubled" by the halting decision.

      Moreover, the Pentagon's analysis of the situation in Afghanistan has been challenged, as some military commentators said that the land controlled by the government has been shrinking especially outside urban regions, in contrast with Washington's "desired message of success."

      In his latest exchange with the Afghan side, U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, in a call with President Mohammad Ashraf Ghani in late April, voiced Washington's disappointment over the postponed intra-Afghan dialogue, and called for an inclusive intra-Afghan dialogue to be convened in the Qatari capital of Doha "as soon as possible."

      The intra-Afghan dialogue had been slated for April 19-21 in Doha to find a negotiated settlement to Afghanistan's protracted war and civil strife. But the dialogue was abruptly postponed reportedly amid an eruption of internal disputes and the Taliban complaints about the composition of the Afghan government delegation.

      Also on Wednesday, Afghanistan's Taliban group announced the start of a new round of peace talks with the United States in Doha.

      The negotiations are aimed at securing a lasting peace agreement, which would include the Taliban's guarantees regarding terrorism and a phased withdrawal of American troops from Afghanistan.

      Zalmay Khalilzad, chief of the U.S. delegation, said the talks would ultimately focus on four main issues: withdrawal, guarantees against terrorism, a lasting ceasefire and talks between the Taliban and the U.S.-backed government of Afghanistan to establish a path toward a political settlement.

      Back to Top Close
      Xinhuanet

      U.S. military no longer counts Afghanistan's land controlled by Taliban: report

      Source: Xinhua 2019-05-02 21:27:55

      File Photo: Suspected Taliban militants stand handcuffed in Nangarhar province, Afghanistan, Jan. 3, 2016. (Xinhua/Rahman Safi)

      WASHINGTON, May 1 (Xinhua) -- U.S. media reported on Wednesday that the U.S. military has stopped counting the land in Afghanistan still controlled by Taliban militants.

      According to a report of The New York Times, the U.S. military command in Afghanistan "has halted regular assessments of how many people and districts the government and insurgents there control."

      The report quoted the military as saying that the assessments had "limited decision-making value" for commanders.

      However, previous commanders in Afghanistan reportedly called these assessments "the metric that's most telling in a counterinsurgency," and military leaders have been "troubled" by the halting decision.

      Moreover, the Pentagon's analysis of the situation in Afghanistan has been challenged, as some military commentators said that the land controlled by the government has been shrinking especially outside urban regions, in contrast with Washington's "desired message of success."

      In his latest exchange with the Afghan side, U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, in a call with President Mohammad Ashraf Ghani in late April, voiced Washington's disappointment over the postponed intra-Afghan dialogue, and called for an inclusive intra-Afghan dialogue to be convened in the Qatari capital of Doha "as soon as possible."

      The intra-Afghan dialogue had been slated for April 19-21 in Doha to find a negotiated settlement to Afghanistan's protracted war and civil strife. But the dialogue was abruptly postponed reportedly amid an eruption of internal disputes and the Taliban complaints about the composition of the Afghan government delegation.

      Also on Wednesday, Afghanistan's Taliban group announced the start of a new round of peace talks with the United States in Doha.

      The negotiations are aimed at securing a lasting peace agreement, which would include the Taliban's guarantees regarding terrorism and a phased withdrawal of American troops from Afghanistan.

      Zalmay Khalilzad, chief of the U.S. delegation, said the talks would ultimately focus on four main issues: withdrawal, guarantees against terrorism, a lasting ceasefire and talks between the Taliban and the U.S.-backed government of Afghanistan to establish a path toward a political settlement.

      010020070750000000000000011100001380298391
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 中文字幕永久免费观看| 中文字幕日韩国产精品| 精品人妻伦一二三区久久| 日韩国产亚洲欧美成人图片| 精品理论一区二区三区| 国产一区二区三区四区色| 谢通门县| 日韩中文字幕一区二区高清 | 国产V综合V亚洲欧美久久| 久久毛片少妇高潮| 亚洲午夜久久久精品国产| 凭祥市| 国产精品黑色丝袜在线播放| 思思99热久久精品在线6| 国产精品无码久久久久免费AV| 一区二区三区国产97| 留坝县| 久久亚洲国产成人精品v| 亚洲一级无毛片无码在线免费视频| 国产精品第三页在线看| 国产成人无码精品久久久免费| 亚洲精品一区二区三区在| 亚洲中文字幕无线乱码va| 久久精品国产亚洲av热九九热| 亚洲一区精品中文字幕| 九九九国产精品成人免费视频| 99精品欧美一区二区三区| aⅴ色综合久久天堂av色综合| 亚洲黄片久久| 色综合另类小说图片区| 亚洲高清成人av在线| 四虎永久视频在线观看| 精品国产又大又黄又粗av| 高尔夫| 亚洲AV秘 片一区二区三区| 国产成人午夜福利院| 免费一级欧美大片久久网| av在线观看亚洲天堂| 久久中文字幕久久久久| 五月激情婷婷综合| 亚洲欧美在线观看品|