亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码
       
      War of words as 10 politicians join race for UK PM
                       Source: Xinhua | 2019-05-29 15:55:09 | Editor: huaxia

      British Prime Minister Theresa May returns after speaking to the media outside 10 Downing Street in London, Britain on May 24, 2019.(Xinhua/Alberto Pezzali)

      LONDON, May 29 (Xinhua) -- The race for the keys to 10 Downing Street started in earnest Tuesday with a war of words between some of the contenders to replace Theresa May as prime minister.

      May has announced her resignation as leader of the governing Conservative Party on June 7, with the process to choose her successor beginning three days later.

      The party leader will automatically become Prime Minister while the Conservatives are the governing party.

      Before the start button is even pressed, 10 politicians, most of them members of May's cabinet of ministers, have announced they will be standing. Housing Minister Kit Malthouse became the latest politician to join the race Tuesday.

      The fate of Brexit, Britain's plans to leave the European Union (EU), are already at the heart of early campaigning.

      Britain is scheduled to end its membership of the bloc on Oct. 31, more than three years after people voted in a referendum to leave the EU.

      Some challengers are warning a no-deal Brexit -- with Britain leaving without a future trading deal with the EU, could destroy the Conservative Party.

      Others want Britain to return to Brussels to renegotiate a deal, even though the EU has so far refused to make changes to the draft agreement already on the table.

      The bookies favorite to win, former foreign secretary Boris Johnson, has already expressed he is willing to crash out of the bloc with no deal if Britain and the EU fail to agree an accord on a future relationship.

      Media reports in London said Johnson supporters have launched a campaign to ensure he is one of the two contenders to make the final list that will be put to more than 140,000 grassroots party members across the country.

      Johnson's successor as foreign secretary Jeremy Hunt, who is also a contender, said Tuesday that a policy of seeking to take Britain out of the EU without a deal would be political suicide.

      Hunt has called for a statesmanlike and robust approach to trying to renegotiate the withdrawal agreement, despite the insistence that re-opening the deal already agreed by the EU council is not up for re-negotiation.

      The London Evening Standard said Hunt and International Development Secretary Rory Stewart have torn into the hardline approach being pursued by Johnson and other leadership contenders, former ministers Dominic Raab, Andrea Leadsom and Esther McVey.

      In an interview with the Standard, Stewart attacked the no-deal Brexiteers for "Wizard of Oz" thinking.

      McVey responded to the attack on her social media site, saying: "Political suicide actually lies in not having a clean break from the EU and not leaving on Oct. 31."

      Raab, who resigned earlier this year as Brexit Secretary, set out his leadership campaign, saying he would get a fairer Brexit deal, and cut taxes. He cited his experience as an international lawyer, family man and karate champion to win support from Conservative members.

      In an exclusive interview with Xinhua, a leading British political expert warned that the break-up of the United Kingdom will come closer to happening if Johnson wins the race to be next prime minister.

      Professor Anthony Glees from Britain's University of Buckingham, said: "If Johnson drives a no-deal agenda he'll either have to stage a coup d'etat against the current parliament which has voted against a no-deal, or delay Britain's departure from the European Union for 12 months to prepare or try to win a general election."

      "The polls suggest he'd lose. I suspect Johnson might think he could win a general election. I just don't think he would get no deal through without a majority in Parliament."

      The Daily Telegraph reported Tuesday that Downing Street may shelve the three-times defeated Brexit Withdrawal Agreement put forward by May.

      The bill, which would enshrine the Brexit deal in British law, had been due to be published early June, but May's resignation announcement is prompting a rethink.

      May's official spokesman is quoted in the Telegraph saying: "We now have to reflect on the fact that we are in a different position."

      Back to Top Close
      Xinhuanet

      War of words as 10 politicians join race for UK PM

      Source: Xinhua 2019-05-29 15:55:09

      British Prime Minister Theresa May returns after speaking to the media outside 10 Downing Street in London, Britain on May 24, 2019.(Xinhua/Alberto Pezzali)

      LONDON, May 29 (Xinhua) -- The race for the keys to 10 Downing Street started in earnest Tuesday with a war of words between some of the contenders to replace Theresa May as prime minister.

      May has announced her resignation as leader of the governing Conservative Party on June 7, with the process to choose her successor beginning three days later.

      The party leader will automatically become Prime Minister while the Conservatives are the governing party.

      Before the start button is even pressed, 10 politicians, most of them members of May's cabinet of ministers, have announced they will be standing. Housing Minister Kit Malthouse became the latest politician to join the race Tuesday.

      The fate of Brexit, Britain's plans to leave the European Union (EU), are already at the heart of early campaigning.

      Britain is scheduled to end its membership of the bloc on Oct. 31, more than three years after people voted in a referendum to leave the EU.

      Some challengers are warning a no-deal Brexit -- with Britain leaving without a future trading deal with the EU, could destroy the Conservative Party.

      Others want Britain to return to Brussels to renegotiate a deal, even though the EU has so far refused to make changes to the draft agreement already on the table.

      The bookies favorite to win, former foreign secretary Boris Johnson, has already expressed he is willing to crash out of the bloc with no deal if Britain and the EU fail to agree an accord on a future relationship.

      Media reports in London said Johnson supporters have launched a campaign to ensure he is one of the two contenders to make the final list that will be put to more than 140,000 grassroots party members across the country.

      Johnson's successor as foreign secretary Jeremy Hunt, who is also a contender, said Tuesday that a policy of seeking to take Britain out of the EU without a deal would be political suicide.

      Hunt has called for a statesmanlike and robust approach to trying to renegotiate the withdrawal agreement, despite the insistence that re-opening the deal already agreed by the EU council is not up for re-negotiation.

      The London Evening Standard said Hunt and International Development Secretary Rory Stewart have torn into the hardline approach being pursued by Johnson and other leadership contenders, former ministers Dominic Raab, Andrea Leadsom and Esther McVey.

      In an interview with the Standard, Stewart attacked the no-deal Brexiteers for "Wizard of Oz" thinking.

      McVey responded to the attack on her social media site, saying: "Political suicide actually lies in not having a clean break from the EU and not leaving on Oct. 31."

      Raab, who resigned earlier this year as Brexit Secretary, set out his leadership campaign, saying he would get a fairer Brexit deal, and cut taxes. He cited his experience as an international lawyer, family man and karate champion to win support from Conservative members.

      In an exclusive interview with Xinhua, a leading British political expert warned that the break-up of the United Kingdom will come closer to happening if Johnson wins the race to be next prime minister.

      Professor Anthony Glees from Britain's University of Buckingham, said: "If Johnson drives a no-deal agenda he'll either have to stage a coup d'etat against the current parliament which has voted against a no-deal, or delay Britain's departure from the European Union for 12 months to prepare or try to win a general election."

      "The polls suggest he'd lose. I suspect Johnson might think he could win a general election. I just don't think he would get no deal through without a majority in Parliament."

      The Daily Telegraph reported Tuesday that Downing Street may shelve the three-times defeated Brexit Withdrawal Agreement put forward by May.

      The bill, which would enshrine the Brexit deal in British law, had been due to be published early June, but May's resignation announcement is prompting a rethink.

      May's official spokesman is quoted in the Telegraph saying: "We now have to reflect on the fact that we are in a different position."

      010020070750000000000000011100001381000211
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 日本福利视频免费久久久| 国产中文字幕精品喷潮| 谁有在线观看av中文| 亚洲国产另类久久久精品小说| 亚洲日韩日本中文在线| 无码高清视频一区二区三区| 韩国 日本 亚洲 国产 不卡| 亚洲区精选网址| 日本一区二区最新在线观看| 国产精品成人av电影不卡| 日本在线视频www色影响网站| 久久精品国产亚洲av成人擦边| 国产综合色婷婷精品久久| 国模偷拍视频一区二区| jiZZ国产在线女人水多| 最新国产午夜精品视频成人| 国产在线无码精品电影网| 被暴雨淋湿爆乳少妇正在播放| 亚洲一级电影在线观看| 免费无码又爽又刺激高潮的视频免费 | 最新亚洲av电影网站| 国语国产激情对白在线| 中文字幕一区二区三区四区在线| 无码天堂亚洲国产av麻豆 | 国产精品免费麻豆入口| 国产av亚洲精品ai换脸电影| 久久久精品亚洲懂色av| 精品国产高清一区二区广区| 日韩在线视频不卡一区二区三区| 午夜性影院爽爽爽爽爽爽| 爽到高潮漏水大喷视频软件| 许昌县| 亚洲国产精品久久久久婷婷软件| www插插插无码视频网站| 18无码粉嫩小泬无套在线观看 | 特级毛片A级毛片免费观看网站| 亚洲一区二区免费日韩| 国产高清黄色在线观看91| 国产精品久久国产精麻豆99网站| 国产精品电影久久久久电影网| 人片在线观看无码|