亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Roundup: UK PM urged to tear up her Brexit plan

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-07-19 03:14:42|Editor: yan
      Video PlayerClose

      LONDON, July 18 (Xinhua) -- Britain's former foreign secretary Boris Johnson urged Prime Minister Theresa May Wednesday to tear up her Brexit blueprint.

      Johnson, who resigned 10 days earlier in protest at the so-called soft-Brexit agreed by May and her top ministers earlier this month, used his resignation speech in the House of Commons to describe her proposals as placing Britain in a "miserable permanent limbo".

      May told a meeting of select committee chairpersons that papers detailing a no-deal scenario will be published this fall.

      In his speech Johnson fell short of calling for May to face a leadership challenge, instead praising her courage and resilience.

      But he said a needless fog of uncertainty had descended on the proposals May had mapped out as the future trade deal once Britain ended its membership of the European Union.

      He told MPs: "Given that in important ways this is Brexit in name only, I am of course unable to support it and am happy to be able now to speak out against it.

      "It is not too late to save Brexit. We have time in these negotiations. We have changed tack once and we can change again."

      Johnson added: "We need to take one decision now before all others, and that is to believe in this country and what it can do because the UK's admirers across the world are fully expecting us to take back control."

      There was a mixed reaction to Johnson's speech which won praise from Nigel Farage, a member of the European Union and co-founder of the United Kingdom Independence Party (UKIP).

      Farage described it as a well delivered speech but added: "it is hopeless to expect Mrs May to deliver on any of it."

      In latest opinion polls UKIP has gained several points after its support collapsed in last June's snap general election which led to May losing her majority in the House of Commons.

      There was little respite for May after spending two days defending her Brexit legislation program in the Commons on Monday and Tuesday, winning her crucial trade and customs bills by narrow margins.

      Those bills are critical to Britain's future working relationship with Brussels.

      While Johnson was delivering his speech May was along the corridor in the Houses of Parliament facing a grilling from a liaison committee, made up of every chair of every House of Commons select committee.

      Earlier she had faced a tough session during prime minister's question time, coming under attack from the main opposition leader, Labour's Jeremy Corbyn.

      May said at the liaison committee that dozens of documents spelling out the actions needed to prepare for a no deal Brexit are to be published.

      She told members of the committee: "Over August and September we are going to be releasing a number of technical notifications to set out what UK citizens and businesses need to do in a no deal scenario, so making much more public awareness of the preparations. We imagine there are going to be around 70 of those technical notices that will be issued."

      But May admitted that some aspects of the customs arrangements plan she has devised might not be ready by the end of 2020. That is the deadline when a transition period is due to end after Britain and the EU agreed to continue working together after Britain formerly leaves next March. The transition period is intended to give time for new trading arrangements to be introduced.

      After her 90-minute grilling at the liaison committee May faced a meeting of her backbenchers, winning support from most of them.

      Media reports said around 40 Conservative MPs had submitted letters to party managers calling for a confidence vote in May's leadership. It falls eight short of the 48 needed to trigger a vote.

      There was a moment of relief for May when one of her MPs, Simon Clarke declared he was withdrawing his letter of no confidence in the prime minister and said others should give May their backing.

      Clarke told waiting journalists that he had put in his letter last Tuesday following the resignations of Johnson and Brexit Secretary David Davis, but since had had second thoughts.

      "We have got a mission in government and it is serious. God knows, the threat of a Corbyn government is real," Clarke said.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011105521373337471
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 欧美日韩综合在线视频免费看| 91精品亚洲一区二区三区| 国产黄片小视频在线观看| 制服丝袜视频国产一区| 四虎影视久久久免费| 国产精品毛片完整版视频| 国产高潮大叫在线观看| 国产精品一区二区手机在线观看 | 国产亚洲无日韩乱码| 98精品国产综合久久久久久欧美| 激情视频在线观看国产中文| 中文乱码人妻一区二区三区在线| 白白青青视频在线免费观看| 亚洲欧洲日产国码无码AV一| 日本精品videossex 黑人| 国产精品视频一区二区噜| 国产福利高颜值在线观看| 人妻猛烈进入中文字幕| 中文字幕日韩精品美一区二区三区| 亚州五十路伊人网| 91欧美在线| 国产高清一级毛片视频直播| 国产一区二区精品久久呦| 最新亚洲av电影网站| 香蕉久久av男人一区二区| 91蜜桃臀免费在线观看| 久久91精品国产91久| 欧美大胆老熟妇乱子伦视频| 永久福利盒子日韩日韩免费看| 丰满少妇又紧又爽视频| 区一区一日本高清视频在线观看| 亚洲视频在线观看青青草| 99精品国产自产在线观看| 中文字幕日韩精品欧美一区| 娇小xxxxx性开放| 泽库县| 国产在线h视频| 午夜高清福利在线观看| 亚洲成AV人不卡无码影片| 成人国产三级在线播放| 黄骅市|