亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Okinawa demands U.S. military halt flights over schools, hospitals amid rising accidents

      Source: Xinhua| 2017-12-21 18:38:58|Editor: Zhou Xin
      Video PlayerClose

      TOKYO, Dec. 21 (Xinhua) -- A resolution demanding all U.S. military flights over schools and hospitals be suspended was unanimously adopted by the Okinawa prefectural assembly on Thursday.

      The move by the prefectural parliament of Okinawa in Japan's southernmost prefecture follows a window falling from a U.S. military helicopter last week and landing on the grounds of an elementary school narrowly missing children taking a sports class there.

      "No more threat to the lives of people in Okinawa should be tolerated," part of the resolution states, with the same message of protest being carried by a number similar resolutions also adopted by municipal assemblies in Okinawa.

      The resolution refers to other military-linked accidents in Okinawa, aside from the latest accident involving a military transport chopper, including another CH-53E helicopter crashing and catching fire near the U.S. military's Northern Training Area, just 300 meters away from a residential area in Okinawa in October.

      Along with the resolution, a statement of protest was also sent by the assembly to Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and U.S. Ambassador to Japan William Hagerty highlighting the frequency of U.S. military-linked accidents in Okinawa.

      According to the assembly, "a feeling of distrust is mounting among Okinawa people as these incidents vividly illustrate that the U.S. military's measures to prevent similar accidents are not functioning."

      The assembly's resolution follows an apology offered by Col. Darin Clarke, from the U.S. Marines' government and external affairs in the Pacific, to Etsuko Kyan, principal of the Futenma Daini Elementary School, where the 8-kg, 1-square meter window landed.

      The apology on Monday was made as the U.S. forces told both local government officials and the central government that the cause of the window falling from the chopper was down to "human error," with the verdict causing dismay and refutation among Japanese officials and citizens.

      The U.S. forces said the same day that flights of the grounded choppers would be resumed on Tuesday, drawing harsh criticism from Okinawa Governor Takeshi Onaga.

      He said the resumption of flights of the CH-53E helicopters was "truly ridiculous" and accused the central government of being "incapable of being involved" as it failed to keep the flights grounded, while slamming the U.S. military as "not a good neighbor."

      Japan's Defense Minister Itsunori Onodera said at the time the government had "not received a sufficient explanation about U.S. measures to prevent a repeat of the incident."

      The Futenma base itself, to which the chopper involved in the latest incident belongs, is central to an ongoing feud between the central government of Japan and local Okinawan government officials and citizens about its planned relocation to the coastal Henoko region within Okinawa.

      Okinawa hosts the bulk of U.S. military bases in Japan, yet represents just a tiny percentage of Japan's land mass. Anti-U.S. sentiment has been increasing on the small, subtropical island, amid rising instances of U.S. base-linked crimes, noise, pollution and military accidents.

      On Tuesday, demands were also made by the local council that the central government keep a pact made between Abe and former Okinawa Governor Hirokazu Nakaima to halt the operation of the Futenma air base by February 2019.

      But military analysts maintain that while relocating the Futenma base, described by U.S. military experts as one of the most dangerous in the world, may ease concerns of the residents in Ginowan, no fundamental measures have been taken to reduce U.S. military-linked accidents in Okinawa in general.

      The same concerns, including those of environmental and noise pollution, would simply be passed on to be shouldered by the residents around Henoko when the new base is built there, analysts said.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001368430561
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产在线中文字幕精品| 成人av天堂一区二区 | 久久久久国产综合av天堂| 熟女丝袜美腿亚洲一区二区三区 | 亚洲午夜天堂| chⅰnⅰe老妇高潮| 国产日产久久福利精品一区| 泉州市| 亚洲成av人在线观看无堂无码| 99re6久精品国产首页| 亚洲精品国产福利在线观看| 国产精品综合av一区二区国产馆| 成人精品av一区二区三区| 免费无码又爽又刺激激情视频软件| 在线日韩精品视频在线| 久久国产一区二区三区| 国产高清白浆| 国产成人AV无码永久免费一线天| 亚洲一区极品美女写真在线看| 青青草视频网站免费观看| 亚洲一区二区三区在线视频观看| 亚洲综合伦理| 亚洲岛国成人免费av| 十个男人躁一个女人视频| 亚洲中文字幕一区二区不卡| 亚洲精品女主播麻豆久久91| 韩国无码精品人妻一区二 | 老熟妇高潮av一区二区三区啪啪| 亚洲国产综合专区在线电影| 一区二区久久精品66国产精品| 欧美成人a在线网站| 大帝AV在线一区二区三区| 国产精品一品二品有码| 亚洲av香蕉一区区二区三区| 日本口爆吞精在线视频| 久久免费精品国产72精品剧情 | 欧美日韩国产在线成人网| 亚洲国产午夜精品理论片| 欧美性色综合网| 国产伦一区二区三区精品| 中文字幕乱偷无码av先锋蜜桃|