亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      News Analysis: Despite Trump's Iran Tweets, U.S. involvement likely to be limited

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-01-06 12:18:12|Editor: Zhou Xin
      Video PlayerClose

      By Matthew Rusling

      WASHINGTON, Jan. 5 (Xinhua) -- While U.S. President Donald Trump has expressed support for demonstrators in Iran and engaged in heightened rhetoric, the United States is likely to hang back and avoid direct involvement, U.S. experts said.

      "The U.S. will probably limit its involvement mainly to moral support for the protestors," David Pollock, a senior fellow at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy, told Xinhua.

      Protests erupted on Dec. 28, 2017, in Mashhad in north Iran, sparked by frustration over high prices of basic goods such as eggs, the price of which has recently soared by 40 percent, according to international media reports.

      The unrest spread quickly over the next several days. Blue-collar Iranians also want a higher pay and a way to address the nation's widespread problem of unemployement, global media reported.

      Trump took to social media earlier this week in support of the protesters, saying that Iran is "failing at every level" and that it is "time for change" in Iran.

      Despite his pro-demonstrators tone, experts said the president is unlikely to go much further, with perhaps a few exceptions.

      Pollock said Trump's rhetoric reflects the president's strong view of Iran as an enemy.

      The protests were "not necessarily going to be historic in the grand scheme of things, and so maybe we don't want to get too carried away yet predicting what's going to happen next," said Michael O'Hanlon, a senior fellow on foreign policy at the Brookings Institution,

      Many observers are asking why protesters chose this period to demonstrate. "They want the Iranian government to turn its attention homeward," O'Hanlon gave one explanation.

      Analysts argued that it would be unwise for the United States to directly involve itself in the protests.

      "Given the history of past U.S. involvement in Iranian domestic politics, the best thing for the United States would be to continue to do little to intervene or directly support these protests," Dan Mahaffee, senior vice president and director of policy at the Center for the Study of Congress and the Presidency, told Xinhua.

      Iran has blasted back at the U.S. stance. Iran's ambassador to the United Nations Gholamali Khoshroo slammed the U.S. government's attempts to intervene in the domestic affairs of the Islamic Republic, Tasnim news agency reported Thursday.

      "In the past several days, the U.S. administration, led by the U.S. president, has stepped up its acts of intervention in a grotesque way in Iran's internal affairs under the pretext of providing support for sporadic protests" in the country, Khoshroo said in a Wednesday letter to the UN Security Council and to UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres.

      Khoshroo added that Iran expects all states to condemn such dangerous statements and policies and urge the U.S. government to act responsibly and adhere to the UN Charter and international law.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001368761891
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 久久亚洲精品情侣| 亚洲av成人在线网站| 三年片在线观看免费观看大全电视剧| 中文在线а天堂| 亚洲人av毛片一区二区| 婷婷色婷婷开心五月 | 亚洲三区二区一区视频| 91综合久久婷婷久久| 国产三级高清在线观看.| 南昌市| 大乳丰满人妻中文字幕韩国| 午夜人妻中文字幕福利| 亚洲AV伊人久久综合密臀性色| 无码一区二区三区网站| 亚洲高清一区二区三区不卡| 亚洲av影院一区二区三区四区| 午夜福制92视频| 一区二区三区久久含羞草| 人人超碰人人爱超碰国产| 久久99精品久久久66| 日韩高清在线观看不卡一区二区| 成人午夜视频在线观看高清| 精品国产AⅤ一区二区三区V免费| 不卡的亚洲av网在线| 亚洲成人激情在线影院| 国产欧美日韩专区毛茸茸| 亚洲男人a在天堂线一区| 熟女人妻丰满熟妇啪啪| 免费一级特黄特色大片在线观看| 亚洲午夜av福利久久久一区| 亚洲男人的天堂精品一区二区 | 久久精品成人免费观看97| 日本在线视频观看二区| 亚洲av乱码一区二区三区女同 | 欧美在线成人午夜网站| 无遮挡高潮国产免费观看| 在线观看极品裸体淫片av| 无码中文字幕av免费放| 中文字幕精品乱码亚洲一区99 | 波多野无码AV中文专区| 美女裸体无遮挡免费视频国产|