亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Yemen's former president party elects new leader to succeed slain Saleh

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-01-08 17:37:30|Editor: Zhou Xin
      Video PlayerClose

      SANAA, Jan. 8 (Xinhua) -- The party of Yemeni slain former President Ali Abdullah Saleh on Sunday named a new leader to succeed Saleh who was killed last month by his onetime ally Shiite Houthi rebels, the party said in a statement.

      The General People's Congress party (GPC) elected 65-year-old Sadiq Abu Ras as the new chief of the party.

      The election took place at a first class hotel in downtown Sanaa, the rebel-held capital, where the GPC leadership met and named Abu Ras amid a tight security presence outside the hotel.

      "The position of the party remains steadfast against the aggressors (Saudi-led military coalition) on the soil of the Yemeni people," read the party's statement.

      The party welcomed any political settlement that preserves unity, security, stability and sovereignty of Yemen.

      The statement did not mention Saleh's death, but demanded the release of Saleh's family members, party's leaders and journalists of Saleh-owned television channel Yemen al-Yawm from Houthi-run prisons.

      The party praised the army and popular forces (Houthi fighters) in defending the country against the "aggressors."

      However, senior leaders of the party rejected the party's statement and the election.

      "Any party's statement that does not publicly break relations with Houthi murderers and declare war against them does not represent us and is not our party," the GPC Secretary-General Yasir al-Awadhi said in his Twitter page.

      Al-Awadhi has successfully escaped from Sanaa, though Houthi media reported its fighters killed him along with Saleh during street clashes last month.

      On Dec. 4, 2017, Houthi fighters killed Saleh, many of his family members and several of his party's leaders after a week of deadly clashes that erupted after Saleh switched sides of allies and declared "opening new page with the Saudi-led coalition."

      Saleh, who ruled the country for 33 years and stepped down following 2011 popular protests, had waged six wars against Houthi movement that ended in 2010.

      However, Saleh allied with Houthis and supported them when they advanced from their far north stronghold of Saada province and stormed the capital Sanaa in September 2014, where they overthrew Saudi-backed government and forced President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi into exile.

      In March 2015, the Saudi-led military coalition intervened in Yemen to restore Hadi to power and roll back the Iranian-aligned Houthi-Saleh rebels.

      Three years now into Yemen's civil war, over 10,000 Yemenis, mostly children, were killed, and 3 million others were displaced, creating one of the world's worst humanitarian crises.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001368801841
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲大尺度一区二区三区| 97久久久久国产精品嫩草影院| 91麻豆精品国产大片免费看| 无码 制服 丝袜 国产 另类| 色哟哟国产精品一区二区| 亚洲每天色在线观看视频 | 性饥渴的少妇av无码影片| 人人妻人人澡人人爽欧美一区双 | 久久久久国产亚洲AV麻豆| 少妇性饥渴videofree| 亚洲国产成人资源在线桃色| 看全色黄大色大片免看的| 欧美激情国产亚州一区二区| 久久久久久尹人网香蕉| 在线播放成人精品免费视频观看| 91精品国产91热久久p| 人妻精品久久中文字幕| 日韩不卡无码三区| 高潮喷水在线| 中文字幕人妻无码专区app| 四会市| 欧美成人精品福利在线视频| 久久99精品久久久久麻豆| 久久不见久久见中文字幕免费| 亚洲视频中文字幕第一页| 无码之国产精品网址蜜芽| 人妻av综合天堂一区| 国产精鲁鲁网在线视频| 精品一区二区三区色噜噜| 精品人妻无码中文字幕在线| 亚洲午夜福利精品久久| 综合色亚洲| 久久精品女人天堂AV一个| 国产情侣一区在线| 午夜夜福利一区二区三区| 人人妻人人澡人人爽不卡视频| 罗平县| 中文字幕一区二区三区日韩网| 伊人成人免费在线视频| 亚洲国产精品性色av| 蜜桃视频福利在线观看|