亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Spotlight: Two Koreas hold rare high-level talks amid heightened global attention

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-01-09 16:23:08|Editor: Lifang
      Video PlayerClose

      SEOUL/PYONGYANG, Jan. 9 (Xinhua) -- Following several good-will gestures from both sides, the two Koreas on Tuesday held rare high-level talks at the truce village of Panmunjom, as the world watches for a possible breakthrough to avert the dangerous escalation of tensions there.

      The talks, the first such since December 2015, started at 10:00 am (0100 GMT) as previously scheduled at the Peace House, a building in the South Korean side of Panmunjom straddling the heavily guarded inter-Korean land border.

      In a sign that the two delegations did not loath their rendezvous, the talks remain ongoing hours after starting.

      So far, a key result of the talks is that the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) has agreed to send a "high-ranking" delegation to participate in the Winter Olympics in the South Korean city of PyeongChang, according to local media reports.

      Top DPRK leader Kim Jong Un expressed a willingness to take part in the upcoming games in his New Year speech, in a positive response to Seoul's earlier invitation to attend the games, slated to start on Feb. 9.

      Ri Son Gwon, who heads a five-member DPRK delegation for Tuesday's talks, said in his introductory remarks that he hoped to give the New Year's gift to the people of the Korean Peninsula.

      In response, top South Korea delegate Cho Myoung-gyon said that he expects the sporting event to become a peace festival with the "precious visitors," from the DPRK.

      Cho, also South Korea's unification minister, said the inter-Korean dialogue was resumed after a long hiatus, calling on the DPRK to continue talks with a firm will and patience.

      Aside from the Winter Olympics, the two sides are also expected to discuss possible reunions of seperated families as well as military issues on the Korean Peninsula.

      The reunion of families across the military demarkation line is an emotionally-charged issue often reflecting political reality.

      People from South Korea and the DPRK have been banned from visiting and contacting each other since the 1950-53 Korean War, which ended in armistice instead of a peace treaty. The two Koreas are technically still at war.

      While the DPRK has not announced the on-going meeting in Panmunjom, its official media have recently heaped praise on Kim's move to improve inter-Korean relations.

      The official Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) said in a commentary Monday night that top leader Kim "clarified the bold and compatriotic stance and proposal for improving inter-Korean relations in his New Year Address."

      The official Rodong Sinmun said in an earlier commentary that Kim's appeal for a detente with Seoul has won overwhelming support at home and abroad.

      The recent developments on the Korean Peninsula are indeed offering a glimmer of hope for a world increasingly concerned over a possible nuclear confrontation in the region.

      The DPRK fired multiple missiles, among them inter-continental ballistic missiles alleged to be able to hit the U.S. mainland, and conducted its sixth nuclear test in 2017, while the United States and South Korea held massive joint war games on waters surrounding the peninsula.

      The exchange of insults between DPRK top leader Kim and U.S. President Donald Trump also helped aggravate the situation.

      Kim's New Year olive branch, and the ensuing decision by the South Korea and United States to suspend joint military drills until after the PyeongChang Games marked a refreshing change from the tense atmosphere surrounding the region, observers noted.

      However, experts call for a cautious optimism, with pundits warning against putting too much pressure on the talks.

      "It's unrealistic to expect them (Pyongyang and Seoul) to achieve too much given the events of the last few years," said Troy Stangarone, senior director at the Korea Economic Institute, a think tank based in Washington DC. "If they can help to reduce tensions and spur on a successful Olympics they will have been successful."

      Meanwhile, Wang Junsheng, an international relations expert with the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, said the recent reconciliatory gestures between the two Koreas have, to some extent, paved the way for future interactions, but it is still too early to say they marked a turning point for the Korean nuclear issue.

      "An optimal way ahead would be, for the parties to build trust first, then expand the bilateral talks to multilateral dialogues, and finally proceed to resolve the issue," he said, adding that China's proposal of "double suspension" and "double-track approach" takes into consideration of the realities on the peninsula and the interests of different parties as well and could "really lead to a solution" of the crisis.

      (Xinhua conrrespondents Zhu Dongyang and Liu Chen in Washington also contributed to this story.)

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001368826571
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 成人免费丝袜美腿视频| 亚洲精品456在线| 午夜不卡亚洲视频| 精品在线观看视频二区| 国产精品九九九无码喷水| 亚洲一区二区精品av| 成人综合网亚洲伊人| 中文字幕一二区中文字幕| 久久午夜无码鲁丝片直播午夜精品| 国产18在线播放| 日韩精品人妻少妇一区二区| 白白色永久免费视频播放| 亚洲国产cao| 成人国产亚洲精品天堂av| 大地资源免费视频观看| 亚洲精品国产品国语在线app| 谁有在线观看av中文| 久久亚洲第一视频黄色| 无码视频一区=区| 性少妇tubevⅰdeos高清| 日本一区二区中文字幕久久| 99久久久69精品一区二区三区| 午夜毛片午夜女人喷潮视频| 国产高清视频在线观看不卡v | 国产亚洲综合另类色专区| 日本一道dvd在线中文字幕| 四虎成人精品无码永久在线| 免费人成在线观看| 白白发布视频一区二区视频| www.91久久| 亚洲精品美女久久久久久久| 国产av无码专区亚洲a∨毛片| 国内精品久久久久影院不卡| 久久国产乱子精品免费女| 偷拍激情视频一区二区| 欧美不卡视频一区发布| 色综合欧美五月俺也去| 亚洲av成人一区二区三区网址| 国产高清吃奶成免费视频网站| 加勒比中文字幕无码一区| 国产在线中文字幕精品|