亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Interview: Alleged attacks on U.S. diplomats "pretext" for Cuban policy rollback -- analyst

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-01-12 10:14:10|Editor: Shi Yinglun
      Video PlayerClose

      HAVANA, Jan. 11 (Xinhua) -- The alleged acoustic attacks on U.S. personnel in Cuba have been a "pretext" used by the administration of U.S. President Donald Trump to roll back thawing ties with Havana, a Cuban expert said.

      Jesus Arboleya, an international relations professor at the University of Havana, told Xinhua recently this saga which started more than a year ago has a clear intention to derail the bilateral rapprochement started by former U.S. President Barack Obama.

      The incidents were first reported in November 2016 that over 20 U.S. diplomats and their family members in the Caribbean nation suffered symptoms such as hearing loss, tinnitus, vertigo, headaches and fatigue.

      "I've always considered that it was a big lie and they (Americans) knew from the beginning that it wasn't true. Dozens of scientists have confirmed that selective acoustic or sonic attacks never took place and now the U.S. public is knowing the truth," Arboleya said.

      On Tuesday, a U.S. Senate hearing on the alleged "acoustic attacks" led by senators Marco Rubio and Bob Menendez summoned three State Department officials who said Washington hasn't been able to identify the cause of the incidents or its perpetrators after months of investigation.

      Though the alleged "acoustic attacks" have been scientifically proven as a fake story, argued Arboleya, "Washington needs to keep talking about the issue and maintaining its initial position in order to justify the serious setback in bilateral ties."

      Josefina Vidal, general director of the United States division of Cuba's Foreign Ministry, said at a press conference Tuesday that the issue has been "politicized" in order to justify Washington's rollback of thawing ties between the former Cold War foes.

      "The State Department has no evidence that allows them to claim there have been attacks against its diplomats in Havana or that Cuba could be responsible or have knowledge of third-party actions against foreign envoys," Vidal added.

      The Senate hearing came after the Federal Bureau of Investigations published a report earlier this week saying it found no evidence of "acoustic attacks" against U.S. personnel on the island country.

      "Trump is trying to please Cuban American lawmakers that in turn can return him favors over domestic issues in the Senate and the House of Representatives," Arboleya explained.

      "The alleged attacks are just an excuse to return to a policy of confrontation and Cold War rhetoric with Cuba," he added.

      However, the Cuban academic said he believes that at some point, Trump's Cuban policy will have to change, whether during his term or after he leaves office.

      "Trump will face pressure even from his closest allies in Latin America for rolling back relations with Cuba. That could be as soon as the upcoming Summit of the Americas in Peru this year," he said.

      The U.S. government hasn't formally accused Cuba of carrying out attacks, but Trump said he believed Havana was responsible for them.

      In the fallout, the Trump administration sharply reduced the U.S. embassy staff in Havana, and expelled 15 Cuban diplomats who worked at the embassy in Washington last October.

      The U.S. State Department also issued a travel warning last year, telling Americans not to visit the country because some of the alleged attacks occurred in hotels.

      On Wednesday, the Canadian government said it had no idea who or what is behind the mysterious ailments that also affected some of its diplomats in Cuba.

      At a briefing in the capital city of Ottawa, a Canadian official said eight of their citizens stationed in Havana, out of 27 tested, required medical care after reporting symptoms ranging from dizziness and headaches to nosebleeds.

      However, Canada insisted it won't withdraw its diplomatic personnel from Cuba or close its embassy.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001368901151
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 麻豆AⅤ精品无码一区二区| 国产精品自拍中文字幕| 国产精品黄色大片在线看| 久久乐国产精品亚洲综合| 99久久精品免费观看国产| 综合国产av一区二区三区| 亚洲日韩精品AⅤ片无码富二代| 中文字幕亚洲精品人妻| 东京热加勒比在线观看| 国产成人精品久久亚洲高清| 国产高清一区在线观看| 免费a级毛片无码a∨免费| 午夜久久一区二区狠狠干| 免费一区二区三区在线视频 | 伊人久久一区二区三区无码| 国产亚洲sss在线观看| 夜夜爽77777妓女免费看| 激情视频综合网| 韩国午夜理论在线观看| 一区二区三区偷拍系列| 秦安县| 亚洲国产精品中文字幕日韩| 亚洲aⅴ无码国精品中文字慕| 日韩不卡无码三区| 人妻 日韩 欧美 综合 制服| 国产又色又爽又黄刺激视频| 日韩欧美在线观看一区二区视频| 人妻aⅴ中文字幕无码| 亚洲人成电影网站色mp4| 91九色系列视频在线国产| 久久国产精品视频影院| 韩国无码中文字幕在线视频| 粗了大了 整进去好爽视频| 日本一区二区在线视观看| 国产亚洲自拍av在线| 亚洲欧美日韩另类精品一区 | 中国免费av网| 亚洲人成人一区二区三区| 亚洲午夜激情久久加勒比| 中文字幕一区二区三区网址| 国产高清国内精品福利99久久|