亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Canada's WTO complaint against U.S. could scuttle NAFTA: law expert

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-01-12 15:15:09|Editor: Yurou
      Video PlayerClose

      OTTAWA, Jan. 12 (Xinhua) -- Canada has "thrown a grenade" at the United States as it filed a complaint with the World Trade Organization (WTO) against its southern neighbor's use of trade sanctions, which might wreck their current North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) negotiations, said an international trade law expert.

      "The odds are increasing that the United States might withdraw from NAFTA, which I've been of the view that it would be unlikely to do," said Mark Warner, who runs MAAW Law, an international business and regulatory law firm in Toronto and New York City, in a recent interview.

      The WTO revealed Wednesday that Canada had filed a complaint last month accusing the United States of unfairly imposing countervailing and anti-dumping duties, not only on Canadian softwood lumber, but also on goods from many other countries.

      In a statement, U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer pushed back against Canada's case against the United States, warning that Canada's "request for consultations at the WTO is a broad and ill-advised attack on the U.S. trade remedies system."

      It also might result in a flood of imports from other countries -- if the complaint successfully have American tariffs removed -- and cost Canada billions of dollars in exports to the United States, Lighthizer said.

      Warner believes that the Canadian government may be playing to a domestic audience in demonstrating that it is not only being "very assertive" in addressing trade disputes, but that it is also trying to "embarrass the Americans" before the world by citing almost 180 trade breaches over two decades against other countries listed on 24 pages of Canada's 32-page complaint before the WTO.

      However, Canada's strategy is "particularly unwise," Warner told Xinhua.

      He said that during the current NAFTA negotiations, which enter the sixth round in Canada later this month, the United States has made it clear that it wants to remove a dispute-resolution mechanism for anti-dumping and countervailing cases under Chapter 19 of the 24-year-old trilateral trade pact.

      "If Canada loses Chapter 19, it would have to go to the WTO," said Warner.

      However, he explained that U.S. President Donald Trump's administration "dislikes" the WTO's dispute-settlement body and believes that countries rely on it "inappropriately to achieve results they can't achieve through negotiations."

      Yet while "the rest of the world is trying to keep the United States engaged in that dispute-settlement system," Canada's generic complaint against the United States is "counterproductive," said Warner.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001368906721
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 一本久久精品久久综合桃色| 国产精品成人av电影不卡| 中文字幕亚洲一区一区| 狠狠躁天天躁无码中文字幕图| 国产精品一区二区国产| 欧美成人免费午夜全| 国产一区男女男无遮挡| 国产黄大片在线观看| 少妇爽到爆视频网站免费| 婷婷色在线视频中文字幕| 中国性xxx欧美性黑人xxx| 成年女人毛片免费观看中文| 亚洲区一区二区中文字幕| 亚洲美腿丝袜福利一区| 无码国产日韩精品一区二区| 亚洲精品在线观看91| 精品囯产成人国产在线观看| 亚洲色AV天天天天天天| 国产精品大屁股1区二区三区| 国外啪啪呦女网站呦齿| 白嫩少妇激情无码| 亚洲av综合色区手机| 久久久婷婷综合五月天| 自拍视频国产在线观看| 欧美亚洲国产精品久久蜜芽直播| 全部av―极品视觉盛宴| 中文一区二区视频| 天堂最新在线官网av| 精品无吗国产一区二区三区av | 亚洲人妻精品一区二区| 亚洲国产成人精品久久精品| 2021年最新久久久视精品爱| 中文字幕无码人妻aaa片| 亚洲国产aⅴ综合网| 久久精品国产精品亚洲婷婷| 蜜桃一区二区三区高清| 99精品视频看国产啪视频| 亚洲欧美天堂网| 黄色三级视频中文字幕| 日本变态网址中国字幕| 人妻av无码系列一区二区三区|