亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Turkey seeks Russian support for anti-Kurdish military operation in northern Syria

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-01-19 05:18:22|Editor: Xiang Bo
      Video PlayerClose

      ANKARA, Jan. 18 (Xinhua) -- Turkish top general and intelligence chief met their Russian counterparts in Moscow on Thursday as Ankara seeks Russian support for opening Syrian airspace to Turkish military jets, as well as coordination with Russian troops in Turkey's potential military intervention against Kurdish militia in Syria's northern province of Afrin.

      "We are talking with both Iran and Russia for the use of the (Syrian) airspace. We have to be in coordination with them for an aerial operation," Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said in a televised interview on Thursday.

      "There are a few Russian troops in Afrin. We should be coordinated when we intervene so that the Russian monitoring troops are not negatively affected or confronted," he noted.

      There are "various countries and players in the Syrian theater," therefore good coordination is needed to avoid confrontation, Cavusoglu explained.

      Chief of Turkish General Staff Hulusi Akar and Turkish National Intelligence Organization Chief Hakan Fidan travelled to Moscow to discuss the issues, the minister said.

      The discussion about a possible military operation against Kurdish People's Protection Units (YPG) elements in Afrin came a day after the National Security Council of Turkey convened and decided to take "all necessary precautions" against the YPG.

      Ankara considers the YPG in Syria a terrorist group for its links to the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK).

      The Turkish government hopes Moscow will remain silent about Turkey's operation in Afrin, and expects Moscow to persuade Damascus to open airspace to Turkish jets in northern Syria, a Turkish official told Xinhua on condition of anonymity.

      Turkish-backed Syrian opposition group Free Syrian Army (FSA) will launch a ground offensive, while Turkish jets will back them and the armed forces in Syria will hit the YPG targets with artillery fire, said the official.

      The Turkish army reinforced its troops in the Syrian border since last week, and the military has started to hit YPG targets in the Afrin district since Sunday.

      Turkey has long been preparing for a military incursion in Afrin, but Washington has said it would help the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), led by the YPG militia, set up a new 30,000-strong border force.

      On Jan. 13, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said his country will not allow a "terror army" along its borders and any venture in the region "has no chance of success" if Turkey has no consent to it, referring to the Syrian Kurds' advances as an autonomous entity in Syria's northern regions.

      Erdogan's government has for long opposed the growing influence of the Kurds in northern Syria, fearing that any separatist sentiment could inspire Turkey's 14 million Kurds.

      In a bid to calm down Ankara's anger, the Pentagon on Wednesday said the SDF force is not a new "army" or conventional "border guard" force.

      "We are keenly aware of the security concerns of Turkey, our coalition partner and NATO ally. Turkey's security concerns are legitimate," U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said.

      "Some people misspoke. We are not creating a border security force at all," Tillerson added.

      Asked if a planned operation in northern Syria was delayed after the U.S. statements, Foreign Minister Cavusoglu on Thursday said "no," and vowed that Turkey "will intervene in Afrin."

      On Aug. 24, 2016, Turkish troops, artillery and tanks were surprisingly deployed in northern Syria.

      "Operation Euphrates Shield" in Syria was a military movement to clear the Azaz-Jarablus line of its border with Syria from the threat of Islamic State (IS) and to prevent the Syrian Kurdish militia merging in Afrin and Kobane regions from establishing a "Kurdish belt."

      The offensive took 216 days and ended on March 29, 2017, and Turkey lost 67 soldiers, along with nearly 600 rebels from the Free Syrian Army (FSA).

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001369065161
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 久久99精品久久久久久hb无码| 天堂视频一区二区免费在线观看| 女高中生自慰污免费网站| 九九99精品久久久久久综合| 688欧美人禽杂交狂配| 综合色亚洲| 中文字幕乱码中文乱码毛片| 久草热视频这里有精品| 久久久久久久久久免免费精品| 日本一区二区三区内射| 在线a人片免费观看国产| 亚洲国产韩国精品在线| 久久无码字幕中文久久无码| 国产主播无套内射一区| 金山区| 中文字幕久久精品波多野结百度| 久久99精品波多结衣一区| 少妇泬喷水18p| 亚洲六月丁香六月婷婷| 久久精品国产成人av| 久久麻豆精亚洲av品国产精品| 久久精品国产99精品国产2021| 国产精品久久国产三级| 久久久精品中文无码字幕| 唐海县| 99热高清亚洲无码| 色综合久久天天综合| 久久精品黄色免费热线| 亚洲毛片美女毛片美女| 久久久精品中文无码字幕| 亚洲综合精品第一页| 诱人的女医生中文字幕| 汶上县| 国产AV秘 无码一区二区三区| 中文有无人妻vs无码人妻激烈| 草草影院地址发布页ccyycom| 亚洲激情在线观看第三页| 久久久久久国产福利网站| 亚洲 欧美 中文 日韩欧美| 日本高清色惰www在线视频| av一区二区三区亚洲|