亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Roundup: Turkey launches "Operation Olive Branch" in Syria's Afrin

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-01-21 05:13:26|Editor: Lu Hui
      Video PlayerClose

      TURKEY-SYRIA-AFRIN-MILITARY OPERATION

      Smoke billows in the

      ANKARA, Jan. 20 (Xinhua) -- Turkey launched Saturday a new operation dubbed as "Operation Olive Branch" on the ground to oust Kurdish militia from Syria's Afrin, said the Turkish Armed Forces in a statement.

      "Operation Olive Branch has started at 17:00 (1400 GMT) today" inside Syria, read the statement. The television footage was showing Turkish F-16 bombarding Kurdish positions inside Syria, several kilometers from the Turkish border.

      The statement said Turkey is acting upon her right of "legitimate defense," but it is determined also to respect Syria's territorial integrity.

      The Turkish army said that the aim of its operation is to clear Afrin "of all terrorists once and for good," citing Islamic State fighters (IS) as potential targets.

      Observation points and a fuel depot have been targeted by air strikes near the Turkish border inside Syria, reported CNN Turk news channel.

      Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said Saturday that Turkey had launched a new operation on the ground. "This will be followed by Manbij," he added, referring to another Kurdish-controlled Syrian town to the east.

      The Turkish army has over the last two days shelled camps used by the People's Protection Units (YPG) militia in response to fire from the militia group, which Turkey sees to be a terror organization and am affiliate of the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK).

      But the YPG has been the key ally of the U.S. in the fight against Islamic State(IS), playing a key role in pushing the extremists out of their Syrian strongholds.

      Turkey from August 2016 to March 2017 pushed into Syria in its more than half-year Euphrates Shield operation in an area to the east of Afrin against both YPG and IS.

      Syria's Deputy Foreign Minister Faisal Mekdad warned on Thursday that the Syrian air force could destroy any Turkish warplanes used in the new offensive.

      Turkey's Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu talked on the phone on Saturday with his American and Russian counterparts, respectively Rex Tillerson and Sergei Lavrov, reported the local press.

      Diplomatic representatives of the U.S., Russia and Iran, another player in Syria, have been summoned on Saturday evening to the Turkish ministry of Foreign Affairs, a Turkish diplomatic source told Xinhua.

      Turkey's army chief General Hulusi Akar and Intelligence chief Hakan Fidan were in Moscow on Thursday for talks with Russian counterparts on Syria.

      Russia is the Syrian's regime most powerful support and is present there with several army and air detachments as a key player.

      The Turkish press reported just before the announcement of the launch of "Operation Olive Branch" that Russia had given Turkey green light to use the Syrian air space over Afrin.

      Analyst have repeatedly indicated that Turkey would have to need Moscow's green light to launch an assault in Syria. There has been no official announcement so far from both parties confirming such a cooperation.

      However, security expert Abdullah Agar said on the Turkish NTV news channel that the fact that Turkish war planes entered the Syrian air space on Saturday confirms that there is an agreement reached between Ankara and Moscow.

      The Russian Ministry of Defense said in a statement that Russia was withdrawing troops from Syria's Afrin targeted by Turkish offensive.

      "The command of the Russian group of troops in Syria has taken measures to ensure security of Russian servicemen located in the district of Afrin, where the Turkish Armed Forces launched a special operation against the Kurdish armed groups," read the statement.

      The Russian Foreign Ministry stated on Saturday that Moscow was closely following the situation in Syria's Afrin and was concerned by the news about Turkish military engagement in the city.

      Meanwhile, the Turkish threats of an intervention have also raised eyebrows in Washington, which has backed the YPG as it dislodged IS and gained control of the swathe of northern Syria up to the Iraqi border.

      The YPG-held enclave of Afrin marks the westernmost extent of its control. Turkey wants to make sure it is kept well to the east of the Euphrates River.

      Disagreement over the Kurdish fighters has created a sharp division between Turkey and the United States.

      President Erdogan had reacted furiously this week to an announcement of plans to create a US-backed 30,000-strong border security force in northern Syria composed partly of YPG fighters, describing it as an "army of terror."

      010020070750000000000000011102351369115041
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲AV无码国产精品久久l| 亚洲精品久久久中文字| 亚洲精品理论电影在线观看| 亚洲中文字幕aⅴ无码天堂| 日韩精品毛片| 久久天天躁综合夜夜黑人鲁色| 国产三级在线观看播放| 日韩高清在线观看不卡一区二区| av少妇偷窃癖在线观看| 昭觉县| 国产精品九九久久一区hh| 91精品国产免费久久久久久| 青青青青青手机视频在线观看视频 | 人妻精品一区二区在线视频| 恭城| 欧美日韩a级a| 国产精品美女久久久久久2021| 无码一区二区三区不卡av| 熟妇人妻无乱码中文字幕| 国产成人精品亚洲一区二区麻豆| 蜜桃视频在线观看网站免费| 国产女主播在线一区二区| 成美女黄网站18禁免费| 人妻放荡乱h文| 在线高清免费不卡视频| 无码伊人久久大蕉中文无码| 久久伊人网久久伊人网| 456亚洲人成在线播放网站| 内射视频福利在线观看| 久热在线播放中文字幕| 国产一区三区五区视频在线观看 | 亚洲av成人一区二区三区网址 | L日韩欧美看国产日韩欧美| 手机看片AV永久免费无码| 扒开双腿操女人逼的免费视频| 国产三级在线观看性色av| 午夜福利国产精品视频| 樱花草在线社区www| 亚洲欧美日韩国产综合专区| 亚洲视频在线观看二区三区| 无码天堂亚洲国产av麻豆|