亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Spotlight: Turkey's military operation in Syria enjoys widespread public support

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-02-09 01:45:34|Editor: Liangyu
      Video PlayerClose

      by Burak Akinci

      ANKARA, Feb. 8 (Xinhua) -- Turkey's offensive in northern Syria against Kurdish fighters is enjoying widespread public support in a country with a media frenzy backing the cross-border operation.

      At a cafe in downtown Ankara, Eyup Gumus, chatting with friends while sipping at his Turkish coffee, is one of those defending the "Operation Olive Branch" launched last month to eliminate Kurdish People's Protection Units (YPG) militia in northern Syria, which is considered a terrorist group by Turkey.

      "What can you do when terrorists throw rockets at your cities, killing innocent people?" the 57-year-old pensioner told Xinhua.

      "You blow them to hell," he said firmly.

      The Turkish authorities said 94 rockets have been launched from the YPG positions since the beginning of the Turkish incursion, killing seven civilians including a teenager, and injuring 113 others.

      "This operation should have been launched sooner, but western countries, especially the United States, prevented Turkey from protecting its own security," said Gumus, who accuses Washington of supporting the YPG in the fight against the Islamic State (IS), as the militia itself poses a "terrorist threat."

      The anti-Kurdish operation in Syria has become a rare opportunity to rally around Turkey's fractured political circles as the majority of the political parties are supporting it, including the main opposition Republican People's Party (CHP).

      "I am not pro-Erdogan, but I still believe this offensive is justified. It is a matter of national security and our soldiers are doing a very difficult job," said Sait, a 33-year-old barber who is also a client of the cafe.

      He said one of his relatives was en route to Afrin, where the operation is going on, to participate in the fighting as a member of a commandos unit.

      In Turkey, a recent public opinion poll shows that 85 percent of the respondents backing the offensive, and 90 percent blaming the U.S. for supporting the YPG and its Turkish affiliate the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK), which has been engaged in an insurgency against the Turkish government since 1984.

      In another survey conducted by Optimar, 72 percent of the respondents say they are clearly "anti-U.S.," explaining their resentment by the "U.S. support for the YPG and the PKK."

      With the growing distrust between the two longstanding partners, Turkish President Erdogan said in an address to the parliament on Tuesday that the U.S. has "finally awakened a sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve," warning Washington to stop arming "YPG terrorists."

      "Turkey will not step back from an operation against Manbij," a Kurdish-controlled Syrian town located 100 km east of Afrin, even at the risk of a confrontation with U.S. special forces deployed there, he said.

      Erdogan described the U.S. military presence in Syria as opportunistic, saying Washington has "calculations against Turkey, Iran and maybe

      According to the Turkish military, nearly 1,000 Kurdish fighters have been "neutralized" in the military operation in Afrin, while the Turkish army's death toll stands at 13.

      "Our people are behind the 'Operation Olive Branch.' The love of our people for its Mehmetcik is very well-known. There is always unity and solidarity in Turkey when our national security is at stake," an official of Erdogan's ruling Justice and Development Party told Xinhua.

      Mehmetcik is a general term used affectionately to refer to Turkish soldiers.

      There has been a surge of nationalist fervor in Turkey promoted by a media frenzy since the beginning of the Turkish operation in Syria.

      On Tuesday, Devlet Bahceli, the nationalist leader in his 70s, said he is "ready to sacrifice his life for his nation, if there is need, to go and combat in Afrin" before receiving a standing ovation from his Nationalist Movement Party (MHP) members.

      Pro-government news outlets are all scrambling to relay special programs, where military commentators feeding viewers with information on the progress of Turkish troops toward Afrin.

      There is also a war raging on the social media as some European news outlets are reporting civilian casualties during the Turkish operation, which Turkey has categorically denied as "slander."

      "Our target is neither the U.S. or our Kurdish brothers in Afrin, our target is the YPG terrorists who are using civilian people as human shields there," said Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu during a television interview.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001369601341
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 51福利国产在线观看午夜天堂| 久久久久88色偷偷| 中文字幕精品一区二区日本| 99亚洲乱人伦精品| 少妇极品熟妇人妻专区视频| 2018年亚洲欧美在线v| 久久精品中文字幕久久| 成人av在线日韩一区| 中国免费av网| av国产剧情一区二区三区| 久久精品国产亚洲黑森林| 亚洲午夜无码av毛片久久| 欧美黑人XXXX性高清版| 无码国产精品一区二区免费3P| 一级毛片在线观看免费| 国产亚洲成年网址在线观看| 国产日韩A∨无码免费播放| 国产一区二区三区怡红院| 野花免费视频完整版在线播放| 少妇被爽到自拍高潮在线观看| 甘南县| 国产精品日日摸夜夜添夜夜添| 亚洲天堂精品视频| 久久老熟女一区二区蜜臀| 色偷偷亚洲av男人的天堂| 国产精品无码无片在线观看3D | 欧美亚洲韩国国产综合五月天| 欧美拍拍视频免费大全| 国产尤物精品自在拍视频首页| 久久久久久久国产精品电影| 手机av男人天堂免费网址| 日韩在线不卡一区在线观看| 欧美精品在线免费| 潮喷失禁大喷水aⅴ无码| 国产成人永久在线播放| 国产一级黄色录像| 内射视频福利在线观看| 久久久久日本精品人妻aⅴ毛片| 广河县| 中文字幕乱码人妻无码久久久1| 国产成人av乱码在线观看|