亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      UN chief calls for immediate halt of hostilities in Eastern Ghouta of Syria

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-02-22 03:56:14|Editor: pengying
      Video PlayerClose

      UN-SECURITY COUNCIL-SYRIA-CEASEFIRE-DRAFT RESOLUTION-FAILURE

      Photo taken on Feb. 22, 2018 shows a general view of a United Nations Security Council meeting on the situation in Syria at the UN headquarters in New York. The United Nations Security Council held discussions Thursday on the situation in Syria's conflicting enclave of Eastern Ghouta, but failed to agree on a resolution calling for a 30-day ceasfire in the war-torn country. (Xinhua/Li Muzi)

      UNITED NATIONS, Feb. 21 (Xinhua) -- UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres on Wednesday called for an immediate cessation of hostilities in the rebel-held enclave of Eastern Ghouta in Syria.

      "I am deeply saddened by the terrible suffering of the civilian population in Eastern Ghouta, 400,000 people that live in hell on earth," Guterres told the Security Council before he read out a speech for a debate on the purposes and principles of the UN Charter.

      "My appeal to all those involved is for an immediate suspension of all war activities in Eastern Ghouta, allowing humanitarian aid to reach all those in need, allowing for the evacuation of estimated 700 people that need urgent treatment that cannot be provided there, and creating also the possibility for other civilians to be effectively treated on site," he said.

      "This is a human tragedy that is unfolding in front of our eyes, and I don't think we can let things go on happening in this horrendous way," said Guterres.

      He said he understood that the Security Council members are conducting consultations over Syria, but stressed that Eastern Ghouta cannot wait.

      Swedish ambassador to the United Nations, Olof Skoog, told reporters earlier on Wednesday that his delegation and Kuwait's are drafting a resolution on Syria.

      "We are asking for an immediate cessation of hostilities for 30 days throughout Syria," said Skoog. The draft resolution also asks for humanitarian access and medical evacuation plus the lifting of siege for four specific locations, including Eastern Ghouta.

      The draft resolution also asks for the protection of hospitals and other medical facilities, and calls on all sides to abide by international humanitarian law, he said.

      Ambassador Jonathan Allen of Britain expressed the hope that the draft resolution could be voted on and passed as soon as possible.

      "The important thing is that the resolution goes to a vote as soon as possible, passes as soon as possible and therefore the cessation of hostilities, the clear will of the Security Council, comes into effect as soon as possible," he told reporters.

      "At the moment, with the bombardment getting worse and worse, time is running out, and we have to act."

      Syrian government troops have intensified efforts to retake Eastern Ghouta, the last major rebel stronghold in the country. Airstrikes have caused a dire humanitarian situation in the enclave near the capital city of Damascus.

      KEY WORDS: Syria
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001369896911
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产熟睡乱子伦视频网站| 亚洲国产综合性感三级自拍 | 精品亚洲AⅤ无码午夜在线| 精品少妇av一区二区| 91久久精品美女高潮不断| 精品久久久久久电影院| 国产中文久久精品| 久久伊人中文字幕有码久久国产 | 亚洲综合视频在线观看| 亚洲国产精品中文字幕日韩| 国产天堂一区二区三区四区| 欧美久久久久中文字幕| 人妻丝袜无码专区视频网站| 欧美乱码卡一卡二卡四卡免费| 日韩中文字幕区一区有砖一区| 邛崃市| 亚洲AⅤ樱花无码| 国产免费久久精品44| 中文字幕乱码一区二区免费| 亚洲国产日韩av一区二区| 国产成人一区二区三区免费观看| 国产av中出一区二区| yjizz视频国产网站在线播放| 亚洲99一区二区三区| 成人免费丝袜美腿视频| 久久中文字幕亚洲精品最新| 亚洲女久久久噜噜噜熟女| 国产在线h视频| 熟女少妇高潮免费视频| 亚洲国产成人精品福利无码| 日韩极品视频在线观看免费| 日韩精品在线观看首页| 在线观看视频日韩精品| 亚洲一区黄色| 国产高清看片日韩欧美久久| 天堂av在线最新版在线| 激情人妻中出中文字幕一区| 亚洲一本大道在线| 国产美女免费网站| 91精品欧美综合在线观看| 五月天无码|