亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Australia's Commonwealth Games transport network faces "grave concerns"

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-03-02 14:38:28|Editor: ZD
      Video PlayerClose

      SYDNEY, March 2 (Xinhua) -- Just weeks away from the Commonwealth Games opening ceremony on the Gold Coast in Australia, the Queensland State Government has been handed a major blow on Friday, that could have vital implications for the event's transport network.

      Australia's Human Rights Commission has refused to exempt eight new trains from the nation's disability discrimination laws due to defective faults.

      Originally purchased from an Indian consortium called Qtectic back in 2014, the 4.5 billion Australian dollar (3.5 billion U.S. dollars) New Generation Rollingstock Trains have been plagued with controversy since they first arrived down under.

      In total 75 locomotives were due to hit the tracks at the end of 2016, however so far just 13 have made it to Australian shores.

      Riddled with problems, testing has uncovered faults with braking systems, air-conditioning, ventilation, sightlines for train drivers as well as major issues regarding access for passengers with disabilities.

      Apart from design errors that make it impossible for wheelchair-bound travellers to use the bathroom facilities onboard, earlier in the week around 40 vision impaired passengers were invited to test the new train's rideability in Brisbane city.

      But embarrassingly, in what was described as a "communication breakdown" by Queensland Rail's chief executive Nick Easy, the train never actually showed up, leaving the group stranded on the platform.

      "The Disability Discrimination Act has made it unlawful for public transport providers to discriminate on the ground of disability since 1993," the commission ruled.

      "It is not clear to the commission why the Queensland Government procured non-compliant trains in 2013, or why the rectification work did not occur between procurement in 2013 and entry into passenger service in 2017."

      "The commission is not persuaded that the reasons advanced in favour of the exemption outweigh the discriminatory impact of the non-compliant trains on people with disability."

      Despite the ruling however, the trains will likely remain in use and the concern from many legal experts is that because the rail network is in breach of the federal law, it could leave the State very exposed to serious legal action from commuters.

      Disability advocate Geoff Trappett told local media "now that we've seen that Queensland Rail doesn't actually have a plan for removing these trains from service, the price figure this could end up being is really an endless bucket of money."

      But in the face of current embarrassment, Queensland Transport Minister Mark Bailey assured Australians the train system would be working for the Commonwealth Games.

      "This is a preliminary decision and there's still more process to come," he said.

      "We've already announced we have 150 million Australian dollars (116 million U.S. dollars) committed to rectification work that work is going on now."

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001370109461
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 久久香蕉国产线看观看怡红院妓院| 济阳县| 久久久婷婷综合五月天| 无码av专区丝袜专区| 国产aⅴ丝袜旗袍无码麻豆| 国产免费一区二区三区视频在线| 亚洲成人观看| 国产精品毛片一区二区三| 国产日韩AV无码免费一区二区 | 免费一级A片在线观看不卡| 人妻夜夜爽天天天爽欧美色院| 亚洲va视频| 成人小视频在线观看播放| 丹棱县| 日韩精品一区二区三区中文9| 国产精品 精品国内自产拍| 欧美成人精品三级网站| 狠狠丁香激情久久综合| 国产成人精品a视频| 国产91一区二这在线播放| 日韩免费高清视频网站| 午夜麻豆影片在线观看| 国产系列丝袜熟女精品视频| 欧美 亚洲 日韩 在线综合| 国产福利深夜在线观看| 国产www在线观看| 国产免费人成视频在线观看播放| 久久丁香花综合狼人| 婷婷一区二区三区在线| 久久亚洲中文字幕精品一区四| 最新亚洲人成无码www| 亚洲av无码乱码在线观看野外| 一个人www在线视频免费| 黑丝美女被内射在线观看| 新泰市| 国产精品亚洲综合天堂夜夜| 国产成人AV无码永久免费一线天| 久久er国产精品免费观看1| 97se亚洲综合不卡| 中文字幕一区二区三区网址| av色综合网站|