亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      UN aid convoys enter Syria's rebel-held Eastern Ghouta

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-03-05 20:24:58|Editor: Jiaxin
      Video PlayerClose
      SYRIA-DAMASCUS-AID-ENTRY-GHOUTA?

      A Syrian soldier guides trucks of aid while crossing from the Wafidin area, northeast of Damascus, toward the rebel-held Douma district in the Eastern Ghouta countryside on March 5, 2018. As many as 46 truckloads of relief aid entered the rebel-held Douma district in the Eastern Ghouta countryside east of the Syrian capital Damascus on Monday. (Xinhua/Ammar Safarjalani)

      DAMASCUS, March 5 (Xinhua) -- As many as 46 truckloads of relief aid entered the rebel-held Douma district in the Eastern Ghouta countryside east of the Syrian capital Damascus on Monday.

      It was the first aid shipment to reach that hotspot area since the UN Security Council adopted a resolution to achieve a 30-day-long humanitarian ceasefire in Syria on Feb. 24.

      It's also the first shipment to enter that area since a Russian-backed humanitarian pause went into force seven days ago.

      The truckloads of aid presented by the UN, the Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) entered the Douma district through a humanitarian corridor in the Wafidin area northeast of Damascus.

      The long-awaited shipment entered a day after the UN announced it was sending the shipment to help meet some of the needs of the civilians in that rebel-held area.

      During the process, Ali al-Zatari, the UN resident and humanitarian coordinator in Syria, said he was spearheading the convoy into Douma to supervise the delivery process.

      "The humanitarian convoy constitutes of medial and food items presented by the UN and the Syrian Arab Red Crescent as well as the International Committee of the Red Cross. It constitutes of 46 truckloads of aid that will be distributed in Douma district," he said.

      The UN official, however, said that the authorities in Syria have demanded to decrease this shipment, which was supposed to meet the demands of 70,000 people.

      "This convoy is not enough as the parcels have been decreased from meeting the demands of 70,000 people to 27,500 people this is why we hope to bring in aid convoys again on Thursday to support the needs of civilians in Douma and other areas in Eastern Ghouta," he said.

      Earlier in the day, the Russian Reconciliation Center in Syria said the rebels in Eastern Ghouta pledged to allow civilians to leave that area in exchange for the entry of aid, but no civilians have left yet, particularly that the Russian-backed partial daily humanitarian pause entered its second week with only two children and a Pakistani couple leaving Eastern Ghouta.

      The Syrian government and its Russian allies blamed the rebels of hindering the efforts to allow civilians out or let in humanitarian aid.

      Eastern Ghouta has grabbed international attention recently since the military showdown has started to gain momentum on Feb. 18 between the rebels and the Syrian government forces, which showed determination to dislodge the rebels from that sprawling area east of Damascus.

      The UN Security Council adopted Resolution 2401 on Feb. 24, which requires all parties in Syria to immediately cease clashes and provides a sustained humanitarian break for at least 30 days across Syria.

      Two days later, the Russians demanded a daily humanitarian pause for five hours in Eastern Ghouta specifically.

      But those initiatives have slightly reduced the number of rebels' mortar shells on the capital and the Syrian airstrikes and bombardment of Eastern Ghouta.

      The area has been the major threat to Damascus since the rebels took hold in that area in 2012, with armed militants launching attacks on the capital with mortar shells and in some instance through implementing incursion attempts.

      Four major rebel groups are currently positioned inside Eastern Ghouta, namely the Islam Army, Failaq al-Rahman, Ahrar al-Sham and the Levant Liberation Committee, or the al-Qaida-linked Nusra Front.

      Syrian President Bashar al-Assad said on Sunday that the military offensive in Eastern Ghouta will continue in tandem with allowing humanitarian aid to enter the area and offer the civilians a chance to leave toward government areas in Damascus.

      The War Media, the media wing of the Syrian army, said on Sunday that the Syrian forces have captured nearly 40 percent of Eastern Ghouta over the past few days after battles with the al-Qaida-linked groups, which are excluded from any pacification.

      The UN humanitarian agencies have sounded the alarm about the worsening humanitarian situation in that region, where activists said over 600 people have been killed since late last month by the heavy bombardment on their areas.

         1 2 3 4 Next  

      KEY WORDS: Syria
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001370181181
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 日本精品视频一视频高清| 人妻猛烈进入中文字幕| 亚洲AV无码一区二区水蜜桃| 麻豆av一区二区天堂| AV无码专区亚洲AVL在线观看| 欧美乱大交| 国产精品小仙女自拍视频| 日韩人妻少妇一区二区三区| 久久亚洲精品成人av| 人片在线观看无码| 国产在线拍揄自揄视频菠萝| 亚洲经典av一区二区| 日韩有码中文字幕第一页| 国产女人精品视频国产灰线| 少妇被日到高潮的视频| 亚洲国产精一区二区三区性色| 国语自产精品视频在线第100页| 国产午夜精品一区二区三区视频| 高清dvd碟片生活片| 欧美—iGAO视频网| 久久亚洲国产精品婷婷| 免费观看在线视频一区| 久久精品色妇熟妇丰满人| 日日摸日日碰人妻无码老牲| 日韩av一区二区三区四区av| 蜜臀av一区二区国产在线| 精品亚洲一区二区视频| 国产精品猎奇系列在线观看| 激情啪啪精品一区二区| 亚洲精品中文字幕二区| 中文成人无字幕乱码精品| 精品少妇无码一区二区三批| 999久久久免费精品国产牛牛| 日本不卡一区二区高清中文| 国产三级高清在线观看.| 亚洲天堂网2014| 国产一在线观看| 麻豆国产黄色一级免费片| 欧美日本视频一区| 国产日韩久久久久69影院| 蜜桃视频一区在线观看|