亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      UN official calls for urgent action to address humanitarian situation in DRC

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-03-20 02:07:42|Editor: Mu Xuequan
      Video PlayerClose

      UNITED NATIONS, March 19 (Xinhua) -- UN Undersecretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs Mark Lowcock on Monday called for urgent international action to address the humanitarian situation in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).

      Urgent action is needed as humanitarian needs, caused by internal conflict, have doubled over the last year, Lowcock told the Security Council.

      Some 13 million people need humanitarian assistance. More than 4.6 million children are acutely malnourished, including 2.2 million suffering severe acute malnutrition, he said, adding that there are mushrooming epidemics, including the worst outbreak of cholera in 15 years.

      Almost 746,000 Congolese have fled to neighboring countries while the DRC itself hosts more than 540,000 refugees, he said.

      There is also widespread sexual violence, most of it unreported and unaddressed, and much of it against children, he said.

      Lowcock, who traveled to the DRC last week, underscored that underfunding is the single largest impediment to the humanitarian response.

      The United Nations appeals for 1.7 billion U.S. dollars, nearly four times of the funds the world body secured last year.

      In 2017, the United Nations and its humanitarian partners reached more than 4.2 million people with life-saving protection and aid. This year, the world body aims to reach 10.5 million people, said Lowcock.

      Without humanitarian assistance, things would be much worse, he warned.

      He also stressed the importance of addressing the root causes of the crisis, including making progress on the political front and fair elections.

      Weak governance and the many active armed groups have led to the dire humanitarian situation as well as widespread sexual violence and massive human rights violations, and extreme poverty.

      On the political front, an agreement on Dec. 31, 2016 allowed President Joseph Kabila, who has been in power since 2001, to stay on after his term of office expired, on the condition that elections would be held within 2017. But elections were delayed on the grounds of logistics. On Nov. 5, 2017, the country's electoral commission published an electoral calendar for the combined presidential, legislative and provincial elections on Dec. 23, 2018.

      The Security Council has repeatedly warned against any further delays in the elections.

      Lowcock said progress in the DRC is possible. "Over the last 15 years infrastructure in many major cities has improved, access to education has increased, child mortality rates have fallen and immunization rates have increased."

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011105091370508801
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产免费专区| 大地资源免费视频观看| 蜜桃臀AV高潮无码| 亚洲区少妇熟女专区| 亚洲 小说区 图片区 都市| 亚洲精品国产福利片| 黑丝美女喷水在线观看| 99久久久国产精品丝袜| 百色市| 午夜一区二区三区av| 亚洲AV无码久久精品成人| 国产成人精品蜜芽视频| 国产精品白丝一区二区三区| 亚洲综合欧美色五月俺也去| 果冻国产一区二区三区| 国产看黄网站又黄又爽又色| 亚洲av日韩av一卡二卡| 人妻少妇看A偷人无码电影| 广宗县| 亚洲AV无码久久久一区二不卡 | 国产精鲁鲁网在线视频| 最近2019年中文字幕完整版免费| 国产成年无码久久久免费| 一区二区在线中文字幕| 久久精品国产亚洲av麻豆本色| 男人的天堂在线无码视频| av无码特黄一级| 日日a.v拍夜夜添久久免费| 麻豆AV无码久久精品蜜桃久久| 精品 无码 国产观看| 综合图区亚洲另类偷窥| 中文无码日韩欧免费视频| 国产精品熟女孕妇一区二区| 女女同性黄网在线观看| 免费的黄网站精品久久| 亚洲综合精品第一页| 九九久久精品大片| 亚洲色欲色欲www在线看| 男女啪啪无遮挡免费网站| 成年女人18级毛片毛片免费| 日韩av中文字幕有码|