亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Trade experts say Trump's China tariff proposal to hurt U.S., world

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-03-23 13:25:58|Editor: Liangyu
      Video PlayerClose

      GENEVA, March 22 (Xinhua) -- U.S. President Donald Trump's proposal to impose massive tariffs on imports from China could backfire and undercut the multilateral global trade system, trade experts warned Thursday.

      Despite warnings from business groups and trade experts, Trump on Thursday signed a presidential memorandum that could impose tariffs of up to 60 billion U.S. dollars on imports from China, the latest unilateral move that poses a threat to global trade.

      Trump has directed U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer to publish a list of proposed Chinese goods that could be subject to tariffs in 15 days.

      The U.S. Treasury Department will have 60 days to propose restrictions on Chinese investment in the United States, according to the presidential memorandum.

      The tariffs "could be about 60 billion" dollars, Trump said Thursday at the White House before signing the memorandum. But a senior White House official told reporters earlier in the day that the number would be close to 50 billion dollars.

      Wallace Cheng, country director for China with Geneva-based think tank International Centre for Trade and Sustainable Development (ICTSD), said that the proposed high tariffs targeting Chinese imports are a case of Washington "shooting itself in the foot."

      "China has plenty of countermeasures with which it could choose to retaliate, for example, cutting orders of Boeing, banning imports of beans and beef, etc," Cheng said.

      Guoyong Liang, an economic officer at the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), said that he believes the way to resolve the trade imbalance between China and the United States should be expanding China's imports, rather than to limit China's exports to the United States.

      "To this end, the two parties need to conduct effective negotiations and make necessary compromises," he said.

      "Resorting to a trade war will lead to a loss on both sides, and have negative impacts on both economies as well as the global trade system," he added.

      Noting that the existing multilateral system "provides effective trade remedy measures and dispute settlement mechanisms", he said that members of the World Trade Organization should resolve their disputes within the multilateral framework.

      The proposed tariff against China came at the end of the USTR's eight-month probe of alleged intellectual property rights violations by China. The probe was launched under Section 301 of the 1974 Trade Act, which is widely seen as outdated.

      Liang said that recourse to domestic laws and unilateral measures will threaten the authority and effectiveness of the multilateral trading system, and in the long run harms the stability and growth of the world economy.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001370597661
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 五月婷婷深开心五月天| 国产精品激情欧美可乐视频| 日本丰满护士bbw| 丁香花在线| 视频二区国产精品职场同事| 亚洲欧美日韩自偷自拍| 久久久国产精品午夜一区| 久久精品国产亚洲AV香蕉吃奶 | 大伊香蕉在线精品视频75| 少妇搡bbbb搡bbb搡野外| 国产资源精品中文字幕| 日本人妻少妇精品视频专区| 久久精品国产屋| 一区二区中文字幕视频| 爆乳日韩尤物无码一区| a级亚洲片精品久久久久久久| AV不卡无码免费一区二区三区 | 国产精品免费露脸视频| 国产高清视频一区二区乱| 国产区高清在线一区二区三区| 亚洲成AV人片无码不卡| 久久精品熟女亚洲av艳妇| 国产激情一区二区三区成人免费| 亚洲av影院一区二区三区四区| 免费a级毛片18以上观看精品| 免费人成视网站在线不卡| 久久亚洲国产精品三级黄片免费| 国模偷拍视频一区二区| 91精品久久久久含羞草| 在线永久免费观看的毛片| 欧美.成人.综合在线| 超薄丝袜足j国产在线视频| a午夜国产一级黄片| 日韩精品一区二区三区毛片| 人妻精品一区二区免费| 高潮毛片无遮挡高清视频播放| 国产亚洲精品久久久久| 潮喷失禁大喷水aⅴ无码| 国产一区二区三区爆白浆| 久久青青草原国产精品最新片| 国产精品理论片|