亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Half million Yemeni students drop out of school since war outbreak: UNICEF

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-03-28 05:53:45|Editor: yan
      Video PlayerClose

      SANAA, March 27 (Xinhua) -- Nearly half a million students have dropped out of school since the civil war erupted in Yemen in 2015, the UNICEF said in a statement on Tuesday.

      That brought the total number of out-of-school children to 2 million, it said.

      Meanwhile, the UNICEF said that almost three quarters of public school teachers have not been paid their salaries in over a year, putting the education of an additional 4.5 million children at grave risk.

      "An entire generation of children in Yemen faces a bleak future because of limited or no access to education," said Meritxell Relano, a UNICEF representative in Yemen. "Even those who remain in school are not getting the quality education they need."

      "The journey to school has also become dangerous as children risk being killed en route," Relano said.

      "Fearing for their children's safety, many parents choose to keep their children at home. The lack of access to education has pushed children and families to dangerous alternatives, including early marriage, child labor and recruitment into the fighting," he said.

      According to the UNICEF findings, close to three quarters of women had been married before the age of 18, while nearly half had been married before age 15, according to a 2016 survey across six governorates.

      The UNICEF also said that at least 2,419 children have been recruited in the fighting since March 2015.

      Up to 78 percent of all Yemenis live in poverty: 80 percent need some form of social protection support including cash assistance.

      An estimated 1.8 million children under 5 years and 1.1 million pregnant or nursing women are acutely malnourished, representing a 128 percent increase since late 2014.

      About 16 million Yemenis, including close to 8.2 million children, need humanitarian assistance to establish or maintain access to safe drinking water and adequate sanitation.

      The number of people needing help to access healthcare has more than tripled -- from 5 million before the war to 16 million today.

      On March 26, 2015, Saudi Arabia led a military coalition of Arab forces, backed by the United States, to intervene in Yemen's conflict to back the government of exiled President Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi.

      The coalition has launched thousands of airstrikes on the Iran-aligned Shiite Houthis, in attempts to roll back rebel gains and reinstate Hadi in the capital Sanaa.

      Houthis have launched hundreds of ballistic missiles toward Saudi cities, with most of them intercepted by Saudi air defense forces.

      The war has so far killed more than 10,000 Yemenis, mostly civilians, and pushed the Arab country to the brink of mass famine.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011105521370702251
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 久久久四虎成人永久免费网站| 美女黄频视频免费国产大全| 欧美黑人性暴力猛交高清| 日韩视频精品在线| 国产普通话刺激视频在线播放| 亚洲红杏AV无码专区首页| 一区二区三区福利在线视频| 亚洲国产字幕| 亚洲精品国产一区二区三区在线观看 | 亚洲va精品va国产va| 国产精品亚洲lv粉色| 玖玖365资源稳定资源站| 德令哈市| 国产AV无码专区亚洲AWWW| 涞源县| 亚洲精品AⅤ无码精品丝袜无码| 日本 欧美 制服 中文 国产| 黄色国产精品一区二区三区| 精品四十色区在线视频| 精品人妻少妇一区二区中文字幕| 国产粉嫩嫩00在线正在播放| 国产高清一级毛片视频直播| 神马影院888不卡院| 云梦县| 久久久www成人免费无遮挡大片 | jizzjizz18国产| 国产精品亚洲一区二区三区| 亚洲一区二区婷婷久久| 日韩不卡无码三区| 一二三四在线观看高清中文| 麻豆最新国产av原创精品| 二区三区亚洲精品国产| 宝贝几天没c你了好爽菜老板| 亚洲国产精品国自产拍av| 免费人成在线观看播放国产| 免费啪啪网址| 婷婷成人亚洲综合国产| 亚洲日本精品国产一区vr| 昌宁县| 级毛片无码av| 久久77777|