"/>

      亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Spotlight: British opinion leaders question legality over strikes on Syria

      Source: Xinhua    2018-04-14 20:24:43

      by Xinhua writers Gu Zhenqiu, Gui Tao

      LONDON, April 14 (Xinhua) -- Although the British government on Saturday defended its decision to join the U.S.-led military strikes on Syria without consulting Parliament first, British opinion leaders immediately questioned about the Whitehall's legal justification of such a military action.

      Shortly after the military strikes were launched, Scotland's first minister Nicola Sturgeon said UK foreign policy should be set by Parliament and not Donald Trump after the U.S., UK and France bombed targets in Syria.

      Sturgeon said the suspected use of chemical weapons was "sickening", but warned that the latest action risked "dangerous escalation."

      Meanwhile, Britain's main opposition Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn described the U.S.-led military strikes on Syria jointly staged by three leading Western countries as a "legally questionable action," saying that the British government should "not taking instructions from Washington."

      Earlier Saturday, British Prime Minister Theresa May said that she has authorised the UK armed forces to conduct "coordinated and targeted strikes" in response to alleged chemical weapons attack in the Syrian town of Douma earlier this month.

      Speaking in Downing Street, May said the military strikes should be a "warning to Russia" before holding the Syrian government accountable for the chemical attack.

      However, May is facing questions over the legality of committing UK forces to any U.S.-led attack on Syria.

      The opposition leader questioned the prime minister's statement that the Syria attack is "right and legal."

      "Theresa May should have sought parliamentary approval, not trailed after Donald Trump," Corbyn said. "Bombs won't save lives or bring about peace. This legally questionable action risks escalating further."

      "Britain should be playing a leadership role to bring about a ceasefire in the conflict, not taking instructions from Washington and putting British military personnel in harm's way," Corbyn said.

      "The government should do whatever possible to push Russia and the United States to agree to an independent UN-led investigation of last weekend's horrific chemical weapons attack so that those responsible can be held to account," he added.

      For his part, the leader of the UK Independence Party (UKIP), Gerard Batten, opposed the British military action in Syria. He warned that intervention would lead to a proxy war with Russia which would be "not only dangerous to Britain, but the entire world."

      The joint attack by the United States, Britain, and France, which began at 3:55 a.m. local time (0055 GMT), launched some 110 missiles targeting Syrian military sites in the Syrian capital Damascus and elsewhere, Syria's state news agency SANA said, citing the military.

      "There is no proof that the Assad regime is responsible for the chemical attack on civilians," Batten said, referring to the Syrian government headed by Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

      Questions were also raised to May at her press conference at 10 Downing Street, which came just hours after the launch of the joint military attack, as to why her government did not first ask for the approval from the British Parliament and the authorisation by the UN Security Council.

      Correspondents from the British and world press also asked the prime minister to explain what role can the Parliament play in making a decision to attack another sovereign country.

      Under the UN Charter, the United Nations has the primary responsibility for maintaining international peace and security.

      Meanwhile, Former Royal Artillery officer General Sir Richard Barrons, writing a commentary carried by the Times newspaper, warned the strikes may come at a cost.

      "We should not be surprised if we detect major intrusions into U.S., UK and French cyberspace and social media," Barrons said. "These risks are a feature of modern confrontation."

      "There is also the question as to how this use of force will be linked and subordinated to strategies for bringing the fighting in Syria to a rapid end and for resetting relations between the West and Russia," he said in the commentary.

      Professor Iain Begg, Research Fellow at the European Institute and Co-Director of the Dahrendorf Forum at the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), told Xinhua: "A volley of bombs may help the U.S. and its allies feel they have reacted in a timely and proportionate manner to the undoubted horror of the use by the Syrian regime of chemical weapons, but the inevitable worry will be that they have not thought through what happens next."

      Editor: Yurou
      Related News
      Xinhuanet

      Spotlight: British opinion leaders question legality over strikes on Syria

      Source: Xinhua 2018-04-14 20:24:43

      by Xinhua writers Gu Zhenqiu, Gui Tao

      LONDON, April 14 (Xinhua) -- Although the British government on Saturday defended its decision to join the U.S.-led military strikes on Syria without consulting Parliament first, British opinion leaders immediately questioned about the Whitehall's legal justification of such a military action.

      Shortly after the military strikes were launched, Scotland's first minister Nicola Sturgeon said UK foreign policy should be set by Parliament and not Donald Trump after the U.S., UK and France bombed targets in Syria.

      Sturgeon said the suspected use of chemical weapons was "sickening", but warned that the latest action risked "dangerous escalation."

      Meanwhile, Britain's main opposition Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn described the U.S.-led military strikes on Syria jointly staged by three leading Western countries as a "legally questionable action," saying that the British government should "not taking instructions from Washington."

      Earlier Saturday, British Prime Minister Theresa May said that she has authorised the UK armed forces to conduct "coordinated and targeted strikes" in response to alleged chemical weapons attack in the Syrian town of Douma earlier this month.

      Speaking in Downing Street, May said the military strikes should be a "warning to Russia" before holding the Syrian government accountable for the chemical attack.

      However, May is facing questions over the legality of committing UK forces to any U.S.-led attack on Syria.

      The opposition leader questioned the prime minister's statement that the Syria attack is "right and legal."

      "Theresa May should have sought parliamentary approval, not trailed after Donald Trump," Corbyn said. "Bombs won't save lives or bring about peace. This legally questionable action risks escalating further."

      "Britain should be playing a leadership role to bring about a ceasefire in the conflict, not taking instructions from Washington and putting British military personnel in harm's way," Corbyn said.

      "The government should do whatever possible to push Russia and the United States to agree to an independent UN-led investigation of last weekend's horrific chemical weapons attack so that those responsible can be held to account," he added.

      For his part, the leader of the UK Independence Party (UKIP), Gerard Batten, opposed the British military action in Syria. He warned that intervention would lead to a proxy war with Russia which would be "not only dangerous to Britain, but the entire world."

      The joint attack by the United States, Britain, and France, which began at 3:55 a.m. local time (0055 GMT), launched some 110 missiles targeting Syrian military sites in the Syrian capital Damascus and elsewhere, Syria's state news agency SANA said, citing the military.

      "There is no proof that the Assad regime is responsible for the chemical attack on civilians," Batten said, referring to the Syrian government headed by Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

      Questions were also raised to May at her press conference at 10 Downing Street, which came just hours after the launch of the joint military attack, as to why her government did not first ask for the approval from the British Parliament and the authorisation by the UN Security Council.

      Correspondents from the British and world press also asked the prime minister to explain what role can the Parliament play in making a decision to attack another sovereign country.

      Under the UN Charter, the United Nations has the primary responsibility for maintaining international peace and security.

      Meanwhile, Former Royal Artillery officer General Sir Richard Barrons, writing a commentary carried by the Times newspaper, warned the strikes may come at a cost.

      "We should not be surprised if we detect major intrusions into U.S., UK and French cyberspace and social media," Barrons said. "These risks are a feature of modern confrontation."

      "There is also the question as to how this use of force will be linked and subordinated to strategies for bringing the fighting in Syria to a rapid end and for resetting relations between the West and Russia," he said in the commentary.

      Professor Iain Begg, Research Fellow at the European Institute and Co-Director of the Dahrendorf Forum at the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), told Xinhua: "A volley of bombs may help the U.S. and its allies feel they have reacted in a timely and proportionate manner to the undoubted horror of the use by the Syrian regime of chemical weapons, but the inevitable worry will be that they have not thought through what happens next."

      [Editor: huaxia]
      010020070750000000000000011100001371112471
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产精品久久精品三级| 亚洲中文无码精品久久不卡| 晋中市| 91成人午夜性a一级毛片| 久久中精品中文字幕入口| 色偷偷一区二区无码视频| 三级中文字幕永久在线视频 | 国产精品一区二区三区蜜臀| 镇沅| 国产精品每日更新在线观看| 国产精品久久国产三级国电话系列| 国产日韩av一区二区在线| 久久久久人妻一区视色| 高潮社区51视频在线观看| 高中女厕偷拍一区二区三区| 国产女主播在线一区二区| 玩弄人妻奶水无码AV在线| 三级中文字幕永久在线视频| 99久久精品免费观看国产| 亚洲色AV天天天天天天| 南川市| 亚洲色偷拍一区二区三区| 国产永久在线观看| 少妇午夜福利一区二区三区| 亚洲男人在线无码视频| 亚洲av无码成人网站www| 久久天天躁狠狠躁夜夜躁2o2o| 日韩AV高潮喷水在线观看| 三级全黄的视频在线观看| 门源| 九九久久精品大片| 性色欲情网站iwww| 国产又爽又大又黄a片| 永康市| 麻豆国产VA免费精品高清在线| 又湿又紧又大又爽a视频国产| 忍着娇喘在公面前被夜袭| 亚洲国产AⅤ精品一区二区不卡| 丝袜美腿丝袜亚洲综合| 狠狠亚洲婷婷综合久久久| 国产97视频人人做人人爱|