亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Top UN humanitarian official voices concern about insufficient food imports to Yemen

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-04-18 03:45:34|Editor: Mu Xuequan
      Video PlayerClose

      UNITED NATIONS, April 17 (Xinhua) -- UN Undersecretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs Mark Lowcock on Tuesday expressed concern about insufficient commercial imports, particularly food, to Yemen.

      "We remain very concerned about commercial imports through all of Yemen's ports, most particularly (the Red Sea ports of) Hudaydah and Saleef," Lowcock told the Security Council.

      Before the war, Yemen relied on imports to cover 90 percent of staple food and nearly all its medicine and fuel needs, he said. "Commercial shortages and delays at ports have led to sharp increase in the price of food and household necessities. Ports are the lifeline of Yemen."

      Price increases, especially of food, are forcing hundreds of thousands of destitute families to turn to humanitarian assistance for their very survival, he said.

      The United Nations is encouraging all those concerned to accelerate the normalization of commercial shipments into Hudaydah and Saleef, as well as to Yemen's other ports, he said. "We are worried that shipping companies are reluctant to enter Yemeni waters."

      The reasons are related to problems with foreign exchange and the banking sector as well as the ports, but the result is that insufficient food is being imported, he explained.

      Lowcock also voiced concern over the fact that Sanaa airport remains closed to commercial traffic. The closure of the airport is preventing thousands of critically ill patients from traveling abroad to seek treatment unavailable in Yemen, he said. Military activities conducted in the proximity of the airport over the last month have affected humanitarian flights as well.

      Bureaucratic impediments imposed by decision-makers in Sanaa are affecting relief operations, he noted.

      Humanitarian staff continue to face delays in visas and project approvals, restrictions on imports and custom clearance, and long delays and searches at checkpoints, he said.

      While UN humanitarian workers have partial access to all of Yemen's 333 districts, restrictions and insecurity mean that estimated 1.2 million people in need of assistance live in areas inaccessible to humanitarian organizations, he noted.

      As with other challenges, a successful response requires safe, unimpeded and unhindered access across and into Yemen for humanitarian staff and humanitarian supplies, he said. "All impediments which prevent humanitarians from reaching people must stop."

      Yemeni public servants who are doing so much themselves to respond to the crisis need their salaries paid, said Lowcock, noting that most health and sanitation workers have still not been paid for more than a year and a half.

      Lowcock expressed concern over the security situation in the country.

      The impact of airstrikes, shelling and fighting on the civilian population is deeply worrying, said Lowcock. "Civilian lives are lost. Public infrastructure is destroyed. Displacement is increasing."

      Mines and the remnants of war affect agricultural production and the wider economy, and therefore threaten civilian life. Some 3 million women and girls are at risk of sexual and gender-based violence, he said.

      He warned of the risk of another major cholera outbreak. Last year's outbreak of cholera and watery diarrhea struck more than 1 million people. With the arrival of the rainy season, the conditions that created this outbreak are still present, he said.

      Yemen, which has been in war since 2015, remains the world's worst humanitarian crisis, he said. Three quarters of the population, or more than 22 million people, urgently require some form of humanitarian help, including 8.4 million people who struggle to find their next meal, said Lowcock.

      The United Nations increased the coverage of food assistance last year from 3 million people a month in January to more than 7 million a month in December. For 2018, the World Food Programme has plans to reach 10 million people a month, said Lowcock.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011105091371182941
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产乱子经典视频在线观看| 国产精品久久婷婷婷婷| 国产三级自拍视频在线| 免费无码AⅤ片在线观看| 欧美人与性动交a欧美精品| 香蕉久久av一区二区三区| 欧美日韩中文字幕日韩欧美| 精品久久人妻一区二区三区| 成人午夜免费福利| 国产精品人妻一码二码尿失禁| 麻豆亚洲AV无码精品色尤物| 女人的天堂av免费看| 精品久久精品午夜精品久久| 精品无码人妻久久久一区二区三区 | 久久精品av一区二区三| 欧美成a人片在线观看| 日韩熟妇精品视频一区二区| 精品一区二区av天堂| 亚洲欧美一区二区三区国产精| 亚洲天堂激情av在线| 蜜臀av亚洲一区二区| 在线播放中文字幕一区二区三区| 免费又黄又爽又猛大片午夜| 国产成在线观看免费视频| 少妇高潮惨叫久久久久电影| 成在线人视频免费视频| 久久婷婷五月综合色99啪ak| 中文字幕在线视频不卡| 亚洲精品久久久蜜桃一区二区| 国产内射一区二区三区| 免费看的一级黄色片永久| 果冻传媒董小宛视频| 久久洲Av无码西西人体| 国产亚洲一区二区三区成人| 美女无遮挡免费视频网站| 国产一区二区精品久久呦| 麻豆久久精品亚洲精品88| 一亚洲一区二区中文字幕| 浴室人妻的情欲hd三级| 亚洲悠悠色综合中文字幕| 放荡人妻一区二区三区|