"/>

      亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Mogherini hails "swift" EU response to renewed U.S. sanctions against Iran

      Source: Xinhua    2018-05-19 01:00:44

      BRUSSELS, May 18 (Xinhua) -- European Union (EU) foreign policy chief on Friday gave full marks to the bloc's quick response to Washington's withdrawal from the landmark Iran nuclear deal.

      In a statement following the European Commission's proposal to activate a dormant statute, EU top diplomat Federica Mogherini said the steps "are a strong confirmation" of the EU commitments to uphold the deal.

      "The EU is acting in unity and swiftly to preserve the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA)," she said, citing a flurry of diplomatic activities this week, including the meeting between European foreign ministers and their Iranian counterpart on Tuesday, and an informal summit of EU leaders on Thursday.

      "In the meantime, intensive expert discussions have been launched to arrive at practical solutions in order to maintain and deepen economic relations with Iran," she added.

      The European Commission on Friday proposed to activate a dormant statute to shield European firms doing business with Iran from renewed U.S. sanctions.

      The 1996 Blocking Statute forbids EU companies from complying with the U.S. sanctions.

      The statute was originally introduced in response to a U.S. trade embargo on Cuba and sanctions against Iran and Libya. It was never enacted as the transatlantic disagreements were ironed out politically.

      The Commission also proposed removing "obstacles for the European Investment Bank (EIB) to decide under the EU budget guarantee to finance activities outside the European Union, in Iran."

      In other words, the EIB will be allowed to support EU investment in Iran.

      The European Parliament and the Council of the EU will decide to approve or reject the proposals within two months, ahead of the first batch of U.S. sanctions that will take effect on Aug. 6.

      The two proposals are the core parts of the Commission's decision to act on four fronts in the face of looming U.S. sanctions.

      The commission vowed to "continue and strengthen the ongoing sectoral cooperation with, and assistance to, Iran, including in the energy sector," which is essential to the Iranian economy.

      It remains to be seen whether this promise will dispel concerns haunting European energy giants like Total, which on Wednesday said it might not be able to continue its gas development project in Iran unless it gets a waiver from the United States to protect it from reimposed sanctions.

      To weave through the U.S.-dominated international banking system, the Commission said it is encouraging member states to explore the possibility of one-off bank transfers to the Central Bank of Iran.

      This approach "could help the Iranian authorities receive their oil-related revenues, particularly in case of U.S. sanctions which could target EU entities active in oil transactions with Iran," the Commission noted.

      U.S. President Donald Trump declared last week that the United States would withdraw from the Iran nuclear deal, claiming it had failed to prevent Iran from developing nuclear weapons or supporting terrorism in the region.

      U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said in an announcement that "sanctions will be reimposed subject to certain 90-day and 180-day wind-down periods."

      Much to Europe's displeasure, foreign companies doing business with Iran are also at the crosshairs of the U.S. sanctions.

      Editor: Mu Xuequan
      Related News
      Xinhuanet

      Mogherini hails "swift" EU response to renewed U.S. sanctions against Iran

      Source: Xinhua 2018-05-19 01:00:44

      BRUSSELS, May 18 (Xinhua) -- European Union (EU) foreign policy chief on Friday gave full marks to the bloc's quick response to Washington's withdrawal from the landmark Iran nuclear deal.

      In a statement following the European Commission's proposal to activate a dormant statute, EU top diplomat Federica Mogherini said the steps "are a strong confirmation" of the EU commitments to uphold the deal.

      "The EU is acting in unity and swiftly to preserve the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA)," she said, citing a flurry of diplomatic activities this week, including the meeting between European foreign ministers and their Iranian counterpart on Tuesday, and an informal summit of EU leaders on Thursday.

      "In the meantime, intensive expert discussions have been launched to arrive at practical solutions in order to maintain and deepen economic relations with Iran," she added.

      The European Commission on Friday proposed to activate a dormant statute to shield European firms doing business with Iran from renewed U.S. sanctions.

      The 1996 Blocking Statute forbids EU companies from complying with the U.S. sanctions.

      The statute was originally introduced in response to a U.S. trade embargo on Cuba and sanctions against Iran and Libya. It was never enacted as the transatlantic disagreements were ironed out politically.

      The Commission also proposed removing "obstacles for the European Investment Bank (EIB) to decide under the EU budget guarantee to finance activities outside the European Union, in Iran."

      In other words, the EIB will be allowed to support EU investment in Iran.

      The European Parliament and the Council of the EU will decide to approve or reject the proposals within two months, ahead of the first batch of U.S. sanctions that will take effect on Aug. 6.

      The two proposals are the core parts of the Commission's decision to act on four fronts in the face of looming U.S. sanctions.

      The commission vowed to "continue and strengthen the ongoing sectoral cooperation with, and assistance to, Iran, including in the energy sector," which is essential to the Iranian economy.

      It remains to be seen whether this promise will dispel concerns haunting European energy giants like Total, which on Wednesday said it might not be able to continue its gas development project in Iran unless it gets a waiver from the United States to protect it from reimposed sanctions.

      To weave through the U.S.-dominated international banking system, the Commission said it is encouraging member states to explore the possibility of one-off bank transfers to the Central Bank of Iran.

      This approach "could help the Iranian authorities receive their oil-related revenues, particularly in case of U.S. sanctions which could target EU entities active in oil transactions with Iran," the Commission noted.

      U.S. President Donald Trump declared last week that the United States would withdraw from the Iran nuclear deal, claiming it had failed to prevent Iran from developing nuclear weapons or supporting terrorism in the region.

      U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said in an announcement that "sanctions will be reimposed subject to certain 90-day and 180-day wind-down periods."

      Much to Europe's displeasure, foreign companies doing business with Iran are also at the crosshairs of the U.S. sanctions.

      [Editor: huaxia]
      010020070750000000000000011105091371897801
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 德安县| 97狠狠狠狼鲁亚洲综合网| 色偷偷av亚洲男人的天堂| 国产爽片一区二区三区| 日韩精品一区二区三区费暖暖| 国产短视频精品区第一页| 精品欧洲AV无码一区二区男男| 亚洲区福利视频免费看 | A阿V天堂免费无码专区| 亚州一区二区三区四区| 97av在线播放| 国产精品一区二区黄色片| 麻豆一区二区三区香蕉视频| 亚洲人成在线播放a偷伦| 人妻丰满熟妇av一区二区| 国产无码swag专区| 久久77777| 91久久国产福利自产拍| 国产一区二区三区成视频| 日韩免费高清视频网站| 最近中文字幕免费手机版| 人妻熟女 视频二区 视频一区| 麻豆激情在线免费观看视频| av天堂精品久久久久 | 亚洲av无码不卡| 欧美13一14娇小xxxx| 旌德县| 乱色视频中文字幕在线看| 免费国产黄网站在线观看| 国产福利高颜值在线观看| 乐清市| 国产高清天干天天视频| 亚州少妇无套内射激情视频| 丰满人妻无套中出中文字幕| 青春草在线观看播放网站| 久久久调教亚洲| 中文字幕1区2区| 久久精品美女久久| 亚洲av网一区天堂福利| 无码不卡一区二区三区在线观看| 热re99久久精品国99热|