亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      WHO head says Ebola vaccinating to start, response "encouraging"

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-05-19 03:31:33|Editor: Yurou
      Video PlayerClose

      GENEVA, May 18 (Xinhua) -- The response to the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DR Congo) has been encouraging, and vaccinating should start at the weekend, World Health Organization (WHO) Director General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said Friday.

      Tedros said he returned from a DRC visit to assess the situation on Monday and spoke to journalists here one day after WHO reported a new case of the Ebola virus had been confirmed in an area of Mbandaka, a city of nearly 1.2 million people in northwestern DRC.

      The DRC Health Ministry on Friday announced 11 new confirmed Ebola cases in the northwest of the country.

      The total number of Ebola cases in the DRC is now 45, including 10 suspected cases, 21 probable cases and 14 confirmed cases, according to a statement issued by the health ministry late Thursday.

      "I think the response is very positive," said Tedros, noting he was particularly pleased to see from partners that "there is a political consensus building" that "what happened in 2014 (in West Africa) should not happen now."

      Nine neighboring countries of the DRC have been told they are at high risk of spread and have been supported with equipment and personnel, said WHO.

      Dr. Peter Salama, a medical epidemiologist from Australia who leads the Health Emergencies Program at WHO, said vaccinating was to be conducted through "ring vaccination" starting with 150 contacts and moving to 8,000 to 10,000 people in the first phase.

      Because of the confirmed cases in Mbandaka, an urban center, "we have to start there," he said and that tracking down some contacts would lead to remote areas only reached by motorcycle.

      In terms of funding, Salama said the plan is to come up with 26 million U.S. dollars over three months and there are currently pledges or firm commitment for about nine million dollars, "so we are 17 million dollars short."

      "That may sound like a considerable sum of money, but let's remember that the Ebola West Africa outbreak two years cost the international community between three and four billion U.S. dollars. So, this is a relatively small investment if we can stamp out this outbreak now," Salama said.

      Tedros explained that thousands of people all around the world have been mobilized to fight this Ebola outbreak and some countries have committed teams and equipment to fight the disease.

      Ebola is a highly infectious disease spread through contact with even small amounts of bodily fluid of an infected person. Its early flu-like symptoms are not always easy to detect.

      The Ebola epidemic hit Africa between late 2013 and 2016, causing more than 11,000 deaths in nearly 30,000 cases, according to UN statistics.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001371898931
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产亚洲精品综合一区| 精品无码一区二区三区在线| 亚洲国产精品一区91| 99在线精品偷拍视频| 人妻少妇综合一区二区| 亚洲每天色在线观看视频| 亚洲二区三区在线播放| 欧美精品V欧洲精品| 哟男哟女视频八区| 2021国产乱人伦在线播放| 欧美日韩国产另类在线观看| 成人精品毛片在线观看| 日韩在线观看网址| 在线a亚洲老鸭窝天堂av高清| 久久精品国产久精国产80cm| 精品国偷自产在线视频| 国产一区二区三区导航| 亚洲国产多毛特写视频| 国产精品久久这里只有精品| 97精品国产91久久久久久久| 免费无码又爽又刺激激情视频| 亚洲成a人网站在线看| 国产丝袜一区二区三区在线不卡| 国产精品一区二区久久精品蜜臀| 99re66久久在热青草| 中文字幕久久人妻熟人妻| 激情一区二区三区视频| 精品少妇一区一区三区| 国产无遮挡又黄又爽无VIP| 在线欧美中文字幕农村电影| 国产熟女主播自拍大秀双飞| 道孚县| 亚洲第一免费播放区| 日韩AV第一页在线播放| 成人精品视频一区二区三区| 亚洲精品国产视频一区二区| AV无码系列一区二区三区| 97人妻无码免费专区| 日韩在线观看中文字幕一区二区 | 放荡人妻一区二区三区| 久久国产综合精品欧美|