亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      UN chief shares grave figures on civilians in armed conflicts

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-05-23 02:55:27|Editor: Chengcheng
      Video PlayerClose

      UN-SECURITY COUNCIL-MEETING-CIVILIANS-ARMED CONFLICTS-PROTECTION

      United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres (C) addresses a Security Council meeting on the protection of civilians in armed conflicts at the UN headquarters in New York, on May 22, 2018. Antonio Guterres said Tuesday that more than 128 million around the world need immediate humanitarian aid and this staggering figure is mainly driven by conflict. (Xinhua/Li Muzi)

      UNITED NATIONS, May 22 (Xinhua) -- UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres said Tuesday that more than 128 million around the world need immediate humanitarian aid and this staggering figure is mainly driven by conflict.

      In a statement to the security council convened for the protection of civilians in armed conflicts, Guterres shared alarming figures on the issue.

      "Last year, the United Nations recorded the death and injury of more than 26,000 civilians in just six countries affected by conflict: Afghanistan, the Central African Republic, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Iraq, Somalia, and Yemen," he said. "Ten thousand of these were in Afghanistan."

      The UN chief noted civilians in conflict zones are also subject to horrific violations of human rights, including rape and other sexual violence.

      He took the Democratic Republic of Congo for example, saying the UN documented more than 800 cases of conflict-related sexual violence last year -- a 56 percent increase on 2016.

      In regard to refugees and internally displaced persons, Guterres said conflicts continue to force millions of people to flee their homes for an uncertain future, revealing that at the end of 2016, 65.6 million people were uprooted by war, violence and persecution.

      The UN chief went on to point out that bombing and shelling of towns and cities killed and injured tens of thousands of civilians every year.

      As for Syria, he said, attacks reportedly killed and injured significant numbers of civilians in Aleppo, Dayr al-Zawr, Homs, Idlib, Raqqah and Rif Dimashq, destroying essential infrastructure, schools and hospitals.

      On infrastructure destruction, Guterres elaborated on the attacks targeting medical facilities as well as humanitarian and health workers. "In 2017, the World Health Organization recorded 322 attacks resulting in 242 deaths among medical personnel and patients."

      Guterres also lamented the impediment of the accessibility of medical supplies and health care, citing looting of convoys as well as threats and bureaucracy on part of conflict parties.

      On conflicts' impact on global food security, the UN chief noted ten of the 13 major food crises in 2017 were conflict-driven.

      He took Yemen for example, saying "nearly 3 million women and children are acutely malnourished and more than 8 million people do not know where their next meal is coming from."

         1 2 3 4 5 Next  

      KEY WORDS: UN
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001371986841
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 久久午夜无码免费| 在线观看无码一区二区台湾| 欧美日韩国产高清| 国产精品亚洲а∨天堂2021| 成人av中文字幕在线| 红杏性无码免费专区| av在线观看亚洲天堂| 亚洲中字幕永久在线观看| 国产欧美日韩视频怡春院| 亚洲精品一区二区在线播| 国产在线一区二区视频免费观看 | AV无码专区亚洲AVL在线观看| 亚洲一区二区三区成人网站| 免费大片黄国产在线观看| 国内视频偷拍一区,二区,三区| 四虎成人在线| 日产亚洲一卡2卡3卡4卡网站| 日韩中文字幕在线综合网| 大肥婆老熟女一区二区精品| 精品久久黑人一区二区| 2022年国产精品久久久久| 国产亚洲美女精品久久| 91九色蝌蚪国产精品| 牡丹江市| 欧美人与动牲交片免费播放| 国产凹凸在线一区二区| 亚洲国产精品久久久久4婷婷| 铜陵市| 偷拍熟女亚洲另类| 欧洲亚洲精品免费二区| 亚洲国产另类久久久精品不卡| 日韩不卡av在线一区二区三区| 蜜桃av无码免费看永久| 国产毛片基地| 国产爽片一区二区三区| 国产一级片内射在线视频| 国产在线拍偷自揄观看视频网站| 久久996re热这里只有精品无码| 国产成社区在线视频观看| 亚洲精品一区二区三区av| 无码中文资源在线播放|