"/>

      亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码
      Philippines faces uphill struggles on evacuees' resettlement in Marawi city: ICRC
      Source: Xinhua   2018-05-23 18:59:04

      MARAWI, the Philippines, May 23 (Xinhua) -- The Philippine government faces huge uphill struggles on the evacuees' resettlement in the war-torn Marawi city and should make more efforts to help the displaced residents, a delegate from the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) said Wednesday.

      Pascal Porchet, head of the ICRC delegation in the Philippines, said efforts to rehabilitate Marawi city and assist its people must be stepped up to reduce the suffering of thousands of those who were displaced over the past year.

      "The efforts are there, but these must match the growing needs of those who face prolonged displacement and are close to despair," said Porchet.

      In May last year, some 1,000 pro-IS extremists belonging to the Abu Sayyaf and Maute groups attacked the city, displacing thousands, mostly poor residents.

      More than 1,200 people were killed, including 165 soldiers and policemen in the battle to retake the city. At least 50 people are also reported missing.

      According to the ICRC, around 230,000 people remain displaced and are in need of stronger support one year after armed conflict broke out in Marawi city.

      With the response shifting from emergency phase towards early recovery, the ICRC said food donations have dwindled and livelihood opportunities are reaching only a few.

      ICRC said the majority of displaced families still depend on relatives or friends for support, while those in evacuation sites continue to struggle with poor living conditions in makeshift camps, increasing their risk of illness.

      "It has been a year since the armed clashes began and we still don't know what lies ahead. I'm starting to feel the weight of it, and there are times when I feel like giving up. But for the sake of my children, I strive to stay strong," said Diane Sumangan, an evacuee in Saguiaran. She is a resident of Bubonga in Marawi, one of the 24 villages in the main area affected by the clashes.

      The displaced families struggle to feed their families, buy medicines or resume their small businesses due to lack of livelihood opportunities or capital. Uncertainty about the future has added to their worries, Porchet added.

      Authorities estimate that 65,000 residents from the main area where structures were reduced to rubble will be unable to return home for the next two to three years. The transitional site in Sagonsongan of Marawi City can only accommodate 6,000 of them.

      "The ICRC remains committed to supporting those who fled the fighting, and doing more by addressing gaps in the overall early recovery response, in coordination with the authorities and other aid organizations," Porchet said.

      However, Porchet said it is primarily the authorities' role to assist people affected by conflict. "The pending issues concerning the transitional site such as lack of regular supply of water and absence of proper sewage collection and treatment should be resolved soon," Porchet stressed.

      Philippine Peace Adviser Jesus Dureza appealed for patience, saying that rebuilding takes time.

      "The government is doing its best to restore as much as possible what was destroyed and I think we are on the road," Dureza told a news conference.

      "But we'd like to call on all those who had gone through suffering to please be patient. There is no magic formula here. There is no reconstruction that will happen overnight. There will be a lot of challenges. Not everybody will agree; there will contrary voices and feelings," Dureza said.

      Editor: Li Xia
      Related News
      Xinhuanet

      Philippines faces uphill struggles on evacuees' resettlement in Marawi city: ICRC

      Source: Xinhua 2018-05-23 18:59:04
      [Editor: huaxia]

      MARAWI, the Philippines, May 23 (Xinhua) -- The Philippine government faces huge uphill struggles on the evacuees' resettlement in the war-torn Marawi city and should make more efforts to help the displaced residents, a delegate from the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) said Wednesday.

      Pascal Porchet, head of the ICRC delegation in the Philippines, said efforts to rehabilitate Marawi city and assist its people must be stepped up to reduce the suffering of thousands of those who were displaced over the past year.

      "The efforts are there, but these must match the growing needs of those who face prolonged displacement and are close to despair," said Porchet.

      In May last year, some 1,000 pro-IS extremists belonging to the Abu Sayyaf and Maute groups attacked the city, displacing thousands, mostly poor residents.

      More than 1,200 people were killed, including 165 soldiers and policemen in the battle to retake the city. At least 50 people are also reported missing.

      According to the ICRC, around 230,000 people remain displaced and are in need of stronger support one year after armed conflict broke out in Marawi city.

      With the response shifting from emergency phase towards early recovery, the ICRC said food donations have dwindled and livelihood opportunities are reaching only a few.

      ICRC said the majority of displaced families still depend on relatives or friends for support, while those in evacuation sites continue to struggle with poor living conditions in makeshift camps, increasing their risk of illness.

      "It has been a year since the armed clashes began and we still don't know what lies ahead. I'm starting to feel the weight of it, and there are times when I feel like giving up. But for the sake of my children, I strive to stay strong," said Diane Sumangan, an evacuee in Saguiaran. She is a resident of Bubonga in Marawi, one of the 24 villages in the main area affected by the clashes.

      The displaced families struggle to feed their families, buy medicines or resume their small businesses due to lack of livelihood opportunities or capital. Uncertainty about the future has added to their worries, Porchet added.

      Authorities estimate that 65,000 residents from the main area where structures were reduced to rubble will be unable to return home for the next two to three years. The transitional site in Sagonsongan of Marawi City can only accommodate 6,000 of them.

      "The ICRC remains committed to supporting those who fled the fighting, and doing more by addressing gaps in the overall early recovery response, in coordination with the authorities and other aid organizations," Porchet said.

      However, Porchet said it is primarily the authorities' role to assist people affected by conflict. "The pending issues concerning the transitional site such as lack of regular supply of water and absence of proper sewage collection and treatment should be resolved soon," Porchet stressed.

      Philippine Peace Adviser Jesus Dureza appealed for patience, saying that rebuilding takes time.

      "The government is doing its best to restore as much as possible what was destroyed and I think we are on the road," Dureza told a news conference.

      "But we'd like to call on all those who had gone through suffering to please be patient. There is no magic formula here. There is no reconstruction that will happen overnight. There will be a lot of challenges. Not everybody will agree; there will contrary voices and feelings," Dureza said.

      [Editor: huaxia]
      010020070750000000000000011100001372007131
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 久久婷婷人人澡人爽人人喊| 无码区a∨视频体验区30秒| 家居| 成人国产永久福利看片| 中日韩字幕中文字幕一区| 乱人妻系列1~100| 亚洲免费观看一区二区三区| 包头市| 亚洲Av无码专区尤物| 天天躁夜夜躁狠狠综合| 又大又硬又黄的免费视频| 亚洲三区二区一区视频| 偷亚洲偷国产欧美高清| 国产剧情无码中文字幕在线观看不卡视频 | 麻豆国产乱人伦精品一区二区| 色欲在线| 久久亚洲精品三级影片| 国产美女被遭强高潮露开双腿| 国产精品久久久一本精品| 涩欲国产一区二区三区四区| 免费国产一区二区不卡| 熟妇好大好深好满好爽| 亚洲综合网一区二区三区| 久草视频在线这里只有精品| 国品精品一区二区在线观看| 亚洲精品爆乳一区二区H| 国产精品免费露脸视频| 国产亚洲AV天天夜夜无码| 亚洲综合久久一本久道| 亚洲男女羞羞无遮挡久久丫| 久久久久久亚洲AV无码专区高潮| 国产亚洲一区二区三区成人| 污污污国产免费网站| 亚洲av第一区综合激情久久久| 又大又长粗又爽又黄少妇毛片| 国产黑丝视频在线观看| 日女av天堂成人在线| 青青草国内视频在线观看| 日本边摸边吃奶边做很爽视频| 欧美亚洲日韩在线在线影院| 亚洲色图综合免费视频|