亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Backgrounder: Nuclear issue on Korean Peninsula

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-06-11 16:37:54|Editor: Liu
      Video PlayerClose

      SINGAPORE, June 11 (Xinhua) -- Top leader of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) Kim Jong Un and U.S. President Donald Trump will meet in Singapore on Tuesday for a landmark summit, the first between incumbent leaders of both countries since the end of the 1950-53 Korean War.

      Denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula is expected to top the agenda of the much-anticipated Kim-Trump summit.

      Here is a brief review of the nuclear issue on the Korean Peninsula.

      The nuclear issue on the Korean Peninsula surfaced in the early 1990s, when the United States, based on its satellite information, suspected that the DPRK had facilities for the development of nuclear weapons.

      Pyongyang denied the allegation, saying it had neither the intention nor the capability to develop nuclear weapons. It also criticized the Washington for deploying nuclear weapons in South Korea, which it said posed a threat to the its security.

      From May 1992 to February 1993, the DPRK accepted six irregular inspections by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), the nuclear nonproliferation watchdog affiliated to the United Nations (UN).

      Under the Framework Agreement signed in Geneva in October 1994, Pyongyang agreed to freeze its nuclear program in exchange for the construction of light-water reactors and fuel oil provided by a U.S.-led Korean Peninsula Energy Development Organization to make up for the shortage in electricity in the DPRK due to the suspension of its nuclear plan.

      In October 2002, the United States said the DPRK had admitted that it had a program to enrich uranium after U.S. special envoy James Kelly visited the country. The DPRK responded by claiming that it had the right to develop nuclear weapons and weapons even more powerful.

      In December 2002, the United States stopped shipping fuel oil deliveries to the DPRK, citing violation by the DPRK of the Geneva accord. In response, the DPRK announced an end to its nuclear freeze, removed from the frozen nuclear facilities the seals and monitoring cameras installed by the IAEA and restarted the nuclear facilities used for producing electricity.

      Moreover, the DPRK released a statement in January 2003, announcing its withdrawal from the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty while claiming it had no intention of developing nuclear weapons.

      Also in 2003, the Chinese government brokered the six-party talks involving China, the DPRK, the United States, South Korea, Russia and Japan.

      The first round of the six-party talks on the Korean Peninsula nuclear issue was held in Beijing in August 2003, in which the principle of peacefully resolving the nuclear issue through negotiations had been established.

      On Sept. 19, 2005, the six parties wrapped up their fourth round of talks with a joint statement in which the six parties unanimously reaffirmed the goal of verifiable denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula in a peaceful manner.

      In the statement, the DPRK "committed to abandoning all nuclear weapons and existing nuclear programs" but insisted on its right to peaceful uses of nuclear energy.

      The United States affirmed that it had no nuclear weapons on the Korean Peninsula and had no intention of attacking or invading the DPRK with nuclear or conventional weapons. South Korea reaffirmed its commitment not to receive or deploy nuclear weapons on the Korean Peninsula and promised there existed no nuclear weapons within its territory.

      On Feb. 13, 2007, the third phase of the fifth round of the six-party talks ended in Beijing with a joint statement on the first step toward the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula. In July, the DPRK closed and sealed its nuclear facilities in Yongbyon.

      In November 2007, the DPRK began to disable three nuclear facilities in Yongbyon. However, the agreement reached on Oct. 3 had not been effectively implemented due to a divergence on the nuclear declaration between the DPRK and the United States

      In June 2008, the DPRK destroyed the cooling tower at its Yongbyon nuclear complex, marking a symbolic step toward denuclearization.

      On April 5, 2009, the DPRK carried out a rocket launch, raising serious concern of various sides.

      The UN Security Council on April 13 adopted a presidential statement on the April 5 launch by the DPRK, saying it is "in contravention of Security Council resolution 1718" and urging the early resumption of the six-party talks.

      Pyongyang subsequently announced it was quitting the six-party talks on nuclear disarmament and would restart nuclear facilities in protest of the UN statement.

      On May 23, 2009, the DPRK announced it has successfully conducted the second underground nuclear test since 2006.

      The test prompted UN Security Council Resolution 1874, which voiced "the strongest condemnation" against the DPRK authorities and demanded that the country stop further nuclear weapons-related activities.

      On Jan. 6, 2016, the DPRK carried out its fourth nuclear test, alleged to be a successful test of its first hydrogen bomb.

      In response, South Korea decided to stop operations at the Kaesong industrial complex jointly run with the two Koreas. In March 2006, the UN Security Council adopted a resolution imposing new sanctions on Pyongyang to curb its nuclear and missile programs.

      The DPRK's fifth nuclear test on Sept. 9, 2016, triggered tougher sanctions from the UN Security Council.

      On Sept. 3, 2017, the DPRK claimed it successfully detonated a hydrogen bomb capable of being carried by an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM).

      Relations between Seoul and Pyongyang took a U turn since the start of 2018, rekindling the hope for a lasting peace on the Korean Peninsula.

      In March 2018, Chung Eui-yong, South Korean President Moon Jae-in's top national security adviser, said the DPRK showed willingness to hold talks with the United States over denuclearization of the peninsula.

      According to decisions made by the Political Bureau of the Central Committee of the Workers' Party of Korea, the DPRK said it will suspend its nuclear and ICBM tests from April 21.

      On April 27, Kim Jong Un and Moon Jae-in confirmed their shared goal of realizing a nuclear-free Korean Peninsula through complete denuclearization in a declaration issued after their summit meeting at the truce village of Panmunjom.

      The DPRK dismantled its Punggye-ri nuclear test site in the northeastern part of the country on May 24 ahead of the DPRK-U.S. summit scheduled for June 12 in Singapore.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100851372464221
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 国内精品人妻无码久久久影院导航| аⅴ天堂一区视频在线观看| 久久精品天堂一区二区三区| 国产亚洲午夜精品| 欧美成人www免费全部网站| 国产播放91色在线观看| 一级毛片在线观看免费| 视频一区二区三区中文字幕狠狠 | 久久亚洲精品国产精品婷婷| 麻豆a级片| 无码人妻丰满熟妇区bbbbxxxx| 国产无遮挡色视频免费观看性色 | 伊春市| 国产91一区二这在线播放| 久久国产精品偷任你爽任你| 日本BBWW高潮BBWR| 亚洲区一区二在线播放| 国产目拍亚洲精品区一区| 大白屁股流白浆一区二区三区 | 熟妇就是水多12p| 亚洲国产成人久久精品不卡| 国产日韩亚洲中文字幕| 尤物无码一区| 国产精品1区2区3区在线观看| 国产精品久久久久国产A级| 免费美女黄网站久久久| 亚洲男人的天堂精品一区二区| 日本人妻巨大乳挤奶水免费 | 人妻无码在线免费| 国产欧美精品专区一区二区 | 四虎亚洲国产成人久久精品 | 久久国产一区二区三区| 亚洲熟女av超清一区二区三区| 91久久福利国产成人精品| 亚洲一久久久久久久久| 国产精品自拍首页在线观看| 视频一区中文字幕亚洲| 亚洲国产av玩弄放荡人妇系列 | 平山县| 欧洲一级无码AV毛片免费 | 国产粉嫩嫩00在线正在播放|