"/>

      亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码
      Spotlight: S. Korean expert believes it's right time to halt S. Korea-U.S. war games
      Source: Xinhua   2018-06-15 19:00:49

      SEOUL, June 15 (Xinhua) -- Now is the right time to halt the South Korea-U.S. war games as it can speed up efforts by the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) to denuclearize the Korean Peninsula, a South Korean expert said Friday.

      "Now is the right timing for the halt of the South Korea-U.S. joint military exercises," said Moon Chung-in, professor emeritus of Yonsei University in Seoul, during a press conference with foreign correspondents here.

      Chung, who serves as a special advisor to South Korean President Moon Jae-in for security and foreign affairs, said this "good gesture" was expected to accelerate the DPRK's denuclearization efforts as U.S. President Donald Trump pushed to speed up the denuclearization process.

      Following the historic summit with top DPRK leader Kim Jong Un, Trump said in Singapore Tuesday that he would stop the U.S. war games with South Korea as it is inappropriate to stage such "provocative" military drills under the situations he and Kim reached a comprehensive deal.

      Kim and Trump signed a joint statement, agreeing to complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula in exchange for security guarantees for the DPRK. The leaders also agreed to establish new relations between the two countries.

      The South Korean expert saw Trump's comments as a meaning of delaying the South Korea-U.S. joint military drills as long as dialogue continues between Pyongyang and Washington.

      He also viewed the halt as a reward to the DPRK's dismantlement of its Punggye-ri nuclear test site, where it carried out all of its six nuclear tests, the stop of the DPRK's provocations for the past seven months and the release of three Americans who had been held in the DPRK.

      The presidential special advisor, who said his comments do not represent the South Korean government's official stance, said President Trump seemed to have an anticipation toward the DPRK showing a bolder act of the denuclearization in return for the suspension of the annual South Korea-U.S. military exercises.

      Combined forces of South Korea and the United States have conducted their joint war games, which the DPRK has denounced as a rehearsal for northward invasion, twice a year in spring and fall, respectively.

      While the three major South Korea-U.S. war games went on in recent years, key U.S. strategic military assets were mobilized to the Korean Peninsula, causing strong backlash from the DPRK side. The strategic assets include nuclear-powered aircraft carrier, nuclear-capable submarine, stealth fighter jets and nuclear-capable bombers.

      Meanwhile, the presidential Blue House of South Korea said earlier in the day that whether to halt the South Korea-U.S. war games will be announced soon.

      A senior Blue House official told local reporters on condition of anonymity that although nothing has been decided yet, whether to halt the South Korea-U.S. war games would be announced soon or in the near future through close consultations between Seoul and Washington.

      The official said consultations were already launched between Seoul and Washington, noting that the South Korean side will consult with its U.S. counterpart on the issue according to President Moon Jae-in's stance.

      Editor: Shi Yinglun
      Related News
      Xinhuanet

      Spotlight: S. Korean expert believes it's right time to halt S. Korea-U.S. war games

      Source: Xinhua 2018-06-15 19:00:49
      [Editor: huaxia]

      SEOUL, June 15 (Xinhua) -- Now is the right time to halt the South Korea-U.S. war games as it can speed up efforts by the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) to denuclearize the Korean Peninsula, a South Korean expert said Friday.

      "Now is the right timing for the halt of the South Korea-U.S. joint military exercises," said Moon Chung-in, professor emeritus of Yonsei University in Seoul, during a press conference with foreign correspondents here.

      Chung, who serves as a special advisor to South Korean President Moon Jae-in for security and foreign affairs, said this "good gesture" was expected to accelerate the DPRK's denuclearization efforts as U.S. President Donald Trump pushed to speed up the denuclearization process.

      Following the historic summit with top DPRK leader Kim Jong Un, Trump said in Singapore Tuesday that he would stop the U.S. war games with South Korea as it is inappropriate to stage such "provocative" military drills under the situations he and Kim reached a comprehensive deal.

      Kim and Trump signed a joint statement, agreeing to complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula in exchange for security guarantees for the DPRK. The leaders also agreed to establish new relations between the two countries.

      The South Korean expert saw Trump's comments as a meaning of delaying the South Korea-U.S. joint military drills as long as dialogue continues between Pyongyang and Washington.

      He also viewed the halt as a reward to the DPRK's dismantlement of its Punggye-ri nuclear test site, where it carried out all of its six nuclear tests, the stop of the DPRK's provocations for the past seven months and the release of three Americans who had been held in the DPRK.

      The presidential special advisor, who said his comments do not represent the South Korean government's official stance, said President Trump seemed to have an anticipation toward the DPRK showing a bolder act of the denuclearization in return for the suspension of the annual South Korea-U.S. military exercises.

      Combined forces of South Korea and the United States have conducted their joint war games, which the DPRK has denounced as a rehearsal for northward invasion, twice a year in spring and fall, respectively.

      While the three major South Korea-U.S. war games went on in recent years, key U.S. strategic military assets were mobilized to the Korean Peninsula, causing strong backlash from the DPRK side. The strategic assets include nuclear-powered aircraft carrier, nuclear-capable submarine, stealth fighter jets and nuclear-capable bombers.

      Meanwhile, the presidential Blue House of South Korea said earlier in the day that whether to halt the South Korea-U.S. war games will be announced soon.

      A senior Blue House official told local reporters on condition of anonymity that although nothing has been decided yet, whether to halt the South Korea-U.S. war games would be announced soon or in the near future through close consultations between Seoul and Washington.

      The official said consultations were already launched between Seoul and Washington, noting that the South Korean side will consult with its U.S. counterpart on the issue according to President Moon Jae-in's stance.

      [Editor: huaxia]
      010020070750000000000000011100001372565351
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 99久久国产亚洲综合精品| 国产精品国三级国产av| 无码AV午夜福利一区| 国内精品久久久久久影院| 国产人成无码视频在线1000| 久草免费在线播放视频| 欧美亚洲尤物久久综合精品| 国产免费久久久久久无码| 99在线精品一区二区三区| 精品日本一区二区视频| 日本一区二区三区内射| 中文亚洲成a人片在线观看 | 亚洲av日韩av中文高清性色| 天堂а√在线中文在线最新版| 精品国产迪丽热巴在线| 国产精品综合色区av| 九九热在线免费视频播放| 久久精品性无码一区二区爱爱| 就国产av一区二区三区天堂| 成人免费观看在线播放视频| 亚洲区精选网址| 日韩美女一区二区三区视频| 国产女人喷水视频| 无码啪啪人妻| 精品福利一区| 狠狠色丁香婷婷久久综合| 亚洲人成电影网站色mp4| 曲麻莱县| 激情 一区二区| 亚洲国产欧美在线综合| 久久国产精品不只是精品| 宁海县| 国产精品欧美成人片| 欧美黑人又粗又大高潮喷水| 人妻精品一区二区在线视频| 中文字幕日韩精品人妻在线| 国产小视频免费| 精品日韩欧美一区二区在线播放 | 亚洲精品区二区三区蜜桃| 人妻精品动漫h无码| 蜜桃av性感妹子在线播放|