亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Yemen's pro-gov't troops seize full control of Hodeidah's airport

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-06-19 23:24:26|Editor: yan
      Video PlayerClose

      ADEN, Yemen, June 19 (Xinhua) -- The pro-government Yemeni forces fully captured the international airport in the western port city of Hodeidah on Tuesday following fierce battles with the Houthi rebels, Yemen's Defence Ministry said.

      With support of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Saudi-led warplanes, the joint Yemeni government forces took full control of the airport, after the escape of Houthi militants, the ministry declared in a statement posted online.

      Colonel Abu Zara'a al-Mahrami, the general commander of the Coast Front in Hodeidah, declared that "all parts of Hodeidah airport have fallen to the hands of the forces of Al-Amaliqah Brigades and it's out of Houthis control now."

      Sources confirmed to Xinhua by phone that the government forces seized the tower and runway of Hodeidah airport and started to dismantle hundreds of landmines planted inside the facility.

      Some buildings in the airport were partially destroyed as a result of the Houthi shelling and airstrikes by the Saudi-led warplanes, the sources said.

      The UAE official news agency WAM said that pro-government forces seized also AlMandhar village, west of Hodeidah airport, expelling Houthi militants from the area.

      The Abu Dhabi-based Sky News Arabia TV reported that more than 10,000 fighters from the recently liberated areas joined the government forces in securing Hodeidah province.

      Local sources noted that the airport will now be used to bring in humanitarian aid or supplies for government forces in the upcoming battles against Houthi rebels.

      Local army commanders told Xinhua by phone that the Yemeni government forces entered the airport's main compound earlier in the day and got engaged in intense battles with the Houthi fighters in and around the facility.

      The significant achievement comes with the help of the Saudi Arabia-led coalition, particularly the UAE.

      Several battalions backed by armored vehicles from the Southern Resistance Forces based in Aden joined the ongoing military operations against the Houthi rebels in Hodeidah.

      Under orders issued by Yemen's President Abdu-Rabbu Mansour Hadi, the Yemenis forces and the Saudi-led coalition launched the offensive against Hodeidah airport as they aimed at capturing the airport to besiege the Houthi forces by cutting their supply lines.

      Political activists allied with the Houthi group refused to acknowledge losing Hodeidah airport, but said their fighters withdrew from the area in "a tactical move."

      Meanwhile, the Yemeni troops continued their advance into the center of Hodeidah amid fierce fightings with the Houthis who established trenches and blocked the city's main roads with cement barricades.

      Local media reports suggested that pro-government forces began military preparations for taking over the city's seaport after seizing the airport.

      Civilian neighborhoods were also badly affected as a result of the bloody fightings between the two warring rivals for the seventh consecutive day, local residents said.

      The United Nations office in Yemen said that more than 5,000 families have fled their homes since June and emergency aid is being distributed to the newly displaced people.

      Earlier in the day, UN special envoy to Yemen Martin Griffiths left the Houthi-controlled capital Sanaa after four days of fruitless talks with Houthi leaders regarding their withdrawal from Hodeidah.

      The Houthis vowed to fight "foreign forces and local mercenaries till liberating the entire Yemen."

      Strategically situated on the Red Sea coast, Hodeidah, Yemen's fourth largest city with a population of 600,000, is the only major port city under Houthis control.

      The Saudi-backed Yemeni government regarded retaking Hodeidah and its seaport as a milestone on the path of restoring the country from the grips of the Houthis.

      The Hodeidah port, which the Iranian-backed Houthis captured in October 2014, serves as a key source of strength for Houthi militias because it is regarded as a lifeline for many Yemenis.

      The UN warned that the battles to liberate Hodeidah, which has the highest poverty and malnutrition rates in the war-torn Yemen, could kill 250,000.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011105521372657321
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 日韩亚洲中字无码一区二区三区| 国产av一区二区三区区别| 日韩av无卡无码午夜观看| 精品91精品91精品国产片| 国产美女高潮流白浆在线观看| 日本一区二区三区内射| 亚洲精品国产二区三区在线| 少妇极品熟妇人妻高清| 亚洲乱在线播放| 日本一区二区三区精品视频| 国产精品免费看久久久无码| 在线观看免费高清电影网站| 深夜免费av在线观看| 无码AV免费毛片一区二区| 丝袜系列在线视频国产| 小金县| 伊人不卡中文字幕在线一区二区 | 加勒比东京热综合久久| 久久精品国产亚洲av大全相关| 欧洲美熟女乱又伦av| 狠狠色噜噜狠狠狠狠97首创麻豆| 桃子视频亚洲一二三区| 被暴雨淋湿爆乳少妇正在播放| 国模无码视频专区一区| 亚洲中文字幕在线精品一区| 国产女主播精品一区二区三区| 中国gay男男gaygay视频| 欧洲av在线不卡s| 江源县| 无码伊人久久大香线蕉| 久久无码av三级| 啪啪av一区二区三区| 国产一区二区三区国产精品| 日韩精品夜色二区91久久久| 熟妇高潮喷沈阳45熟妇高潮喷| 最新亚洲综合中文字幕在线| 天天躁日日躁狠狠躁av麻豆| 高安市| 91精品全国免费观看青青| 欧美最猛性XXXXX69交| 无码Gv永久免费网站|