亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Spotlight: At least 8 years needed to clear 1 mln Houthi-laid landmines in Yemen

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-06-26 04:06:36|Editor: Mu Xuequan
      Video PlayerClose

      by Murad Abdu

      ADEN, Yemen, June 25 (Xinhua) -- Yemen's Foreign Minister Khaled Yamani said Monday that it will take at least eight years to clear about 1 million landmines planted by Houthi rebels across the country.

      During a press conference held in Saudi Arabia's capital Riyadh, the newly-appointed foreign minister claimed that the huge number of landmines planted by Houthis caused hundreds of civilian casualties across the country.

      Preliminary statistics indicated that the Houthis planted these landmines after seizing many provinces militarily in 2015.

      The minister said that the Houthis also laid hundreds of improvised sea mines, threatening the international shipping routes in the Red Sea and the Bab-el-Mandeb Strait.

      "Defusing the mines completely needs at least eight years," the Yemeni minister said, adding that "Houthis are violating the international humanitarian law by turning residential areas into fields of landmines and death."

      Yamani urged the international community to condemn the activities of the Houthis and stand with the Yemeni people against the rebels.

      Meanwhile, a military commander loyal to Yemen's government told Xinhua by phone that the Houthis deliberately laid various kinds of landmines across the farms and around populated areas of Hodeidah province.

      He said that the Houthis are using landmines excessively in a desperate attempt to impede and slow the advancing Yemeni government troops in Hodeidah in recent days.

      "At the beginning, we advanced very fast and seized many areas in Hodeidah, but this week landmines posed a real threat to our soldiers and killed some of them," the commander said.

      He added that "units specialized in dismantling landmines need much time to complete their task because Houthis are planting more mines every day and everywhere."

      Some residents who escaped the war-torn areas in Hodeidah told Xinhua that they will not be able to return to their homes after the Houthi gunmen were expelled by government forces last week.

      "We survived the armed confrontations, but landmines are seen as a killing monster that is waiting for our comeback," said a displaced man, named Taha Ahdal.

      "The neighborhood where my house is located is now free of Houthis, but I can't take my children back to be killed by landmines," Ahdal said.

      He added that "Houthis planted landmines inside residential buildings, roads, and around farms and don't care about targeting innocent civilians."

      Yemeni anti-bomb disposal units managed to defuse about 300,000 landmines and improvised devices planted by Houthis in government-controlled areas over the last couple of years.

      An official of Yemen's National Center for Controlling Landmines told Xinhua that "our country is suffering from landmines and Houthis are still establishing factories to produce more bombs."

      The official said, on condition of anonymity, that the Houthis have hired experts who are experienced in producing landmines and studied abroad, particularly in Iran.

      Previous reports of humanitarian organizations suggested that Yemen has become one of the largest landmine battlefields in the world since the Second World War.

      The Houthi rebels produce different forms of landmines, according to local government officials, including handmade mines that are disguised as rocks and concealed in sandy dunes to target both civilians and soldiers in mountainous area of the country.

      The Houthis, aligned with Iran, launched a large military campaign and seized the capital Sanaa in late 2014, forcing Yemen's President Abdu-Rabbu Mansour Hadi and his government to flee into the southern port city of Aden.

      Subsequently, the pro-Houthi forces, backed by armored vehicles, attacked Aden and shelled Hadi's Republican Palace, leading him to escape again into exile in neighboring Saudi Arabia.

      Saudi Arabia and other Arab countries intervened militarily and began pounding the Houthi-controlled capital Sanaa in March 2015 in response to an official public request from Hadi to protect Yemen and roll back Iran's influence.

      The conflict between the Houthis and the Saudi-backed Yemeni government has recently entered its fourth year, aggravating the suffering of Yemenis and deepening the world's worst humanitarian crisis.

      The ongoing fighting between the two warring rivals plunged the most impoverished Arab country in the Middle East into more chaos and violence.

      Three quarters of the Yemeni population, or more than 22 million people, are in need of urgent humanitarian help, including 8.4 million who are struggling on the brink of famine.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011105091372803541
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 农村国产毛片一区二区三区女 | 亚洲av粉嫩性色av| 亚洲一区二区高清精品| 中文字幕一区二区网站 | 亚洲午夜福利精品久久| 奇米精品视频一区二区三区| 一级毛片无毒不卡直接观看| av乱色熟女一区二区三区 | 亚洲VR永久无码一区| 亚洲欧美人妖另类激情综合区| 国产三级精品三级男人的天堂,| 美女裸体无遮挡黄污网站| 蜜桃视频在线免费观看一区二区| 一本久道免费高清视频| 中文字幕人妻av蜜臀| 亚洲香蕉av一区二区蜜桃| 国产成人亚洲合集青青草原精品| 亚洲精品一二三在线观看| 亚洲综合另类小说色区| 三年片观看免费观看大全| 久久精品国产久精国产一老狼| 亚洲成av人无码免费观看| 午夜麻豆影片在线观看| 亚洲熟妇无码久久精品疯| 无码精品a∨在线观看十八禁| 国产精品永久免费视频| 我和闺蜜在ktv被八人伦| 中文字幕亚洲精品第一页| 国产美女胸大一区二区三区| 无码国产日韩精品一区二区| 亚洲一级毛片在线观| 免费国产好深啊好涨好硬视频| 亚洲 美腿 欧美 偷拍| 亚洲人妖女同在线播放| 石楼县| 久久久精品亚洲懂色av| 国产成人精品无人区一区| 国产999精品2卡3卡4卡| 日本高清一区二区三区视频| 望谟县| 久久精品无码一区二区三区蜜费 |