亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      UN agencies call for region-wide action by EU nations over Mediterranean tragedies

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-06-28 03:48:27|Editor: Mu Xuequan
      Video PlayerClose

      GENEVA, June 27 (Xinhua) -- UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR) and the International Organization for Migration (IOM) appealed to European Union (EU) member states on Wednesday to take region-wide action to reduce the needless loss of life at sea.

      According to the two UN agencies, almost 1,000 refugees and migrants have perished while being smuggled across the Mediterranean Sea this year.

      UNHCR and IOM believe a new collaborative approach is needed to make disembarkation of people rescued at sea more predictable and manageable.

      This should build on the ongoing collaboration between the EU, UN and African Union, they said.

      In a joint statement issued on Wednesday, the two agencies said that people rescued in international waters should be quickly brought ashore to safe locations in the EU, and potentially elsewhere too.

      "The approach needs to be complemented by more resettlement places, family reunification and other solutions within the EU, and increased support to countries where people are disembarked," the statement said.

      It added that in the past 10 days, vessels on the Mediterranean Sea carrying rescued refugees and other migrants were unable to dock because of political deadlock in Europe.

      "Upholding the right to asylum in EU member states is absolutely crucial," said UN High Commissioner for Refugees Filippo Grandi.

      "Denying rescue, or shifting responsibility for asylum elsewhere is completely unacceptable. We need countries to come together and chart a new way forward," he noted.

      IOM's director general William Lacy Swing said the priority is saving the lives of all those who have been victimized by migrant smugglers who put them into unsafe rafts on the high seas.

      Sea arrivals of refugees and migrants peaked in 2015 when more than a million desperate people crossed the Mediterranean to Europe and almost 5,000 died in trying to make the journey.

      UN figures showed that three years on, arrivals are back at pre-2014 levels and are dropping towards their long-term historic averages.

      So far this year, some 42,000 have crossed the Mediterranean to Europe, compared with 85,000 during the same period last year.

      IOM and UNHCR urged European states to use Thursday's EU summit to find a new and united approach to the situation of Mediterranean arrivals. The approach should incorporate the shared needs of all countries to manage their borders and migration policies while simultaneously upholding European and international asylum standards.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011105091372853271
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 成人免费在线网站亚洲| 日本免费播放一区二区三区视频| 国产人成视频免费在线观看| 日本最新在线一区二区| 精品国产免费久久久久久| 亚洲va在线∨a天堂va欧美va| 欧美一级一级做性视频| 无码视频在线| 国产精品女同久久久久久| 扎鲁特旗| 蜜桃视频在线免费观看一区二区 | 无码一级视频在线| 国内精品久久久久久久久蜜桃| 亚洲精品一区二区国产精华液| 日产精品久久久久久久蜜臀| 无码任你躁久久久久久| 99久久免费精品色老| 成人爱爱视频在线观看| av毛片一区二区少妇颜射| 高h视频在线免费观看| 曰韩亚洲AV人人夜夜澡人人爽| 亚洲黄色一级片在线观看| 97超级碰久久久久香蕉人人| 施秉县| 青青草针对华人超碰在线| 亚洲 欧美 动漫 少妇 自拍| 日日噜噜噜夜夜爽爽狠狠视频| 亚洲国产精彩在线视频| 青青草视频在线网站观看| 中文字幕av一区二区三区| 国产成人综合久久三区| 欧洲精品色在线观看| 亚洲区日韩精品中文字幕下载| 99久久久精品国产性黑人| 亚洲精品中文有码字幕| 九色视频最新网址| 国产欧美日韩看片片在线人成| 97人妻无码免费专区| 亚洲未满十八一区二区三区| 亚洲男同gay在线观看| 老色鬼精品一区二区|