亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      UN chief appeals for more aid for Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-07-03 06:02:39|Editor: yan
      Video PlayerClose

      UNITED NATIONS, July 2 (Xinhua) -- UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres on Monday stepped up the UN appeal for aid for nearly one million Myanmar Rohingya in Bangladesh.

      Saying funding for the one-billion-U.S.-dollar appeal has only reached 26 percent, he told a press conference in Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh, that "it is impossible to visit these camps without breaking our hearts with the suffering of the Rohingya people."

      A transcript of the press encounter was released at the UN headquarters.

      While Guterres profusely thanked the government of Bangladesh for hosting the refugees -- nearly 700,000 of them who fled into the Cox's Bazar District of southernmost Bangladesh since August 2017 -- he implored the government of Myanmar to prepare northern Rakhine State for their return in a voluntary, safe and dignified manner.

      The UN chief was accompanied on the visit by Jim Yong Kim, president of the World Bank and Filippo Grandi, UN High Commissioner for Refugees, a post Guterres once held.

      Kim announced over the weekend close to half a billion U.S. dollars in grant-based support to help Bangladesh address the needs of Rohingya refugees in areas such as health, education, water and sanitation, disaster risk management, and social protection.

      "It is unacceptable that these people who have suffered so much in Myanmar now have to live in the difficult circumstances that these camps inevitably represent," the UN chief said.

      "I believe we need to combine a word of deep gratitude to the government and people of Bangladesh for the fact that they have opened their borders when so many other borders are closed in the world," Guterres said.

      "My appeal to the international community is to step up to the plate and to substantially increase the financial support to all those working in Bangladesh to protect and assist the Rohingya refugees," he said.

      The refugees plight has been compounded by flooding of their camps from monsoon downpours.

      He said it was "terrible for us to see more than 900,000 people living in these terrible circumstances."

      As high commissioner for refugees, Guterres said he had visited northern Rakhine State twice. While he had seen how widely the Rohingya suffered discrimination, there had been no terror campaign to make them flee.

      The refugees said they had to flee their homes when marauding government and civilian militia torched villages, raped and killed in alleged retribution for deadly attacks by Rohingya militants on government security posts Aug. 25, 2017.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011105521372970161
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 2021年性爱喷水视频| 国内不卡的一区二区三区| 国产av国片精品jk制服| 精品免费一区二区三区在| 亚洲色www无码| 国产精品网站夜色| 人妻 日韩 欧美 综合 制服| 国产swag在线观看| 人妻少妇精品一区二区三区| 克山县| 午夜不卡亚洲视频| 99爱在线精品视频免费观看| 午夜一级福利在线| 亚洲国产精品美女久久久| 亚洲免费成年女性毛视频| 亚洲国产成人福利精品 | 内地自拍三级在线观看| 制服 丝袜 亚洲 中文 综合| 本溪| 99re国产电影精品| 美女精品国产一区二区三区| 亚洲三级网站| 湛江市| 亚洲精品乱码久久久久久按摩高清| 亚洲熟妇AV乱码在线观看| 国产又爽又大又黄a片| 南岸区| 久久久高清免费视频| 在线欧美中文字幕农村电影| 在线成人tv天堂中文字幕| 久久人人97超碰精品| 国产精品麻豆A在线播放| 亚洲av激情久久精品人| 色综亚洲国产VV在线观看| 极品美女高潮喷白浆视频| 国产一区二区三区 视频| 精品人妻一区二区蜜臀av| 男女啪啪永久免费网站| 又大又硬又爽免费视频| 国产三级伦理视频在线| 精品无码成人片一区二区|