亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      3 out of 4 South Sudanese children know nothing but war: UNICEF

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-07-08 13:11:50|Editor: ZX
      Video PlayerClose

      UNITED NATIONS, July 7 (Xinhua) -- Since South Sudan became the world's youngest country in 2011, 2.6 million of its 3.4 million babies, or three quarters of them, have been born in war, the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) said Saturday.

      "As South Sudan turns seven, a seemingly endless war continues to devastate the lives of millions of children," said Henrietta Fore, UNICEF's executive director who visited the war-ravaged country earlier this year.

      Conflict and underdevelopment have plagued the area for decades, leaving its children out of school, malnourished and vulnerable to disease, abuse and exploitation.

      "Warring parties can and must do more to bring back peace," Fore said, adding that "the children of South Sudan deserve better."

      Although South Sudan's independence in 2011 once gave a gleam of hope for a bright future, the civil war that erupted in 2013 rendered that short-lived.

      Although 800 children have been released by armed groups since the beginning of the year, an estimated 19,000 others continue to serve as fighters, porters and messengers. The children also suffered from sporadic sexual abuse.

      The proportion of people who do not know where their next meal will come from jumped from 35 percent in 2014 to nearly 60 percent at present, with some areas of the country just one step away from famine, especially during the lean season.

      Malnutrition rates are at critical levels, as more than 1 million children are malnourished, including 300,000 on the brink of death.

      With one third of the schools destroyed, occupied or closed since 2013, the conflict has deprived some 2 million children of education. The country now has the highest proportion of out-of-school children in the world.

      Moreover, efforts to aid those in greatest need are being hampered.

      Since 2013, more than 100 aid workers have been killed in violence, among them a UNICEF driver who was killed last week.

      While a large number of refugees returned to South Sudan when the country gained independence, more than 2.5 million, including over 1 million children, have again fled the country since 2013.

      On a brighter note, the signing of a permanent cease-fire between the two main warring parties in Khartoum last month was a positive step in what has been a faltering peace process.

      "We now count on the leadership and commanders to respect it while ensuring that aid workers are given unrestricted access to those in need," Fore said.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001373098181
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 欧美无遮挡国产欧美另类| 免费一级a毛片在线播出| 亚洲香蕉av一区二区蜜桃| 男女日比免费观看视频| 韩国精品久久久久久无码| 成人国产乱对白在线观看| 伊人亚洲综合影院首页| 日本亚洲欧美高清专区vr专区| 欧美做受视频播放| 亚洲尹人九九大色香蕉网站| 精品一区二区国产av| 传媒在线无码| 大陆少妇xxxx做受| 国产真人无码作爱免费视频app | 国产精品天堂蜜av在线播放| 自拍偷区亚洲综合第二区| 久久人妻少妇中文字幕| 一本无码人妻在中文字幕| 日日噜噜夜夜狠狠久久无码区| 亚洲精品久久久无码av片软件| 国产一区二区三区免费在线视频 | 国产无遮挡色视频免费观看性色 | 国产一区二区三区免费看视频| 日本高清日本在线免费| 69国产成人综合久久精| av无码精品一区二区三区| 最新版天堂中文在线| 在线a人片免费观看高清| 精品少妇爆乳无码aⅴ区| 私人高清影院| 国产suv精品一区二区五| 性无码国产一区在线观看| 精品久久久久久电影院| 国产在线观看网址不卡一区| 无码伊人66久久大杳蕉网站谷歌 | 国产精品福利一区二区久久| 久久黄色蜜桃av一区| 国产成人午夜三级视频| 国产成人综合久久三区| 色婷婷六月亚洲婷婷6月| 国产一区二区亚洲精品|