亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      UNICEF calls on South Sudan parties to bring lasting peace

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-07-09 21:38:19|Editor: mym
      Video PlayerClose

      JUBA, July 9 (Xinhua) -- The UN Children's Fund (UNICEF) on Monday called on South Sudan warring parties to the conflict to intensify efforts to bring a lasting peace in the country.

      UNICEF said that conflict and underdevelopment have beset South Sudan for decades, leaving its children out of school, malnourished and vulnerable to disease, abuse and exploitation.

      "Warring parties can and must do more to bring back peace. The children of South Sudan deserve better," said Henrietta H. Fore, UNICEF's Executive Director, said in a statement issued in Juba as the country marks 7th independent anniversary.

      According to UNICEF, out of 3.4 million babies born in South Sudan since it became the world's youngest country in 2011, 2.6 million have been born in war.

      "The prospect of a better future following the country's independence in 2011 was short-lived following the eruption of a civil war in 2013," it said.

      For the third year in a row, South Sudan is marking its Independence Day without any celebrations due to financial difficulties facing the country.

      The government said on Friday it was cancelling official celebrations of the 7th anniversary due to the economic hardship and political instability the country is facing.

      However, some South Sudanese organized small parties to celebrate with friends on Monday, while others can hardly afford the expenses.

      UNICEF said the conflict has also pushed hundreds of thousands of children out of school, with 1 in 3 schools damaged, destroyed, occupied or closed since 2013.

      It said the country now has the highest proportion of out-of-school children in the world as over 2 million children of those who should be attending classes are not receiving an education.

      Fore said the signing of a permanent ceasefire between the two main warring parties in Khartoum last month was a positive step in what has been a faltering peace process.

      "We now count on the leadership and commanders to respect it while ensuring that aid workers are given unrestricted access to those in need," she said.

      "South Sudan was the first country I visited when I became Executive Director and I saw for myself how harmed children have been by the war. They simply cannot endure anymore."

      More than 100 aid workers have been killed in the violence since the conflict began in 2013, including a driver for UNICEF just last week.

      According to UNICEF, although 800 children have been released from armed groups since the beginning of the year, an estimated 19,000 children continue to serve as fighters, cooks, porters and messengers and to suffer sexual abuse - up from 500 when the conflict first broke out in 2013.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001373125931
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲精品岛国片在线观看| 超碰观看| 国产精品高潮呻吟av久久无吗| 成人自拍偷拍在线观看| 高清偷自拍亚洲精品三区| 精品人妻一区二区蜜臀av| 欧美午夜精品久久久久久浪潮| 久久99精品久久久久久9| 亚洲AV无码乱码国产麻豆| 三年片在线观看免费观看大全电视剧| 欧美日韩国产高清| 精品国产AⅤ无码一区二区| 日韩中文字幕一区二区高清| 国产福利影院在线观看| 国产精品毛片99久久久久| 英超| 国产高清一级毛片在线看| 亚洲欧美综合精品久久成人网 | 少妇又爽又刺激视频| 一本久道久久综合狠狠躁av| 一区二区三区蜜桃在线视频| 国产av一区二区三区最新精品| 日本视频精品一区二区| 亚洲欧洲日产国码无码av野外 | 熟女丝袜美腿亚洲一区二区三区| 免费吃奶摸下激烈视频青青网 | 中文字幕精品一二三区| 国产精品99久久久久久98AV| 久久无码av一区二区三区| 欧美 亚洲 国产 日韩 综AⅤ| 亚洲一区二区情侣| 人妻一区二区三区免费看 | 91精品国产91久久久久久青草| 久久综合亚洲色一区二区三区| 大田县| 无遮高潮国产免费观看韩国 | 香蕉久久夜色精品国产尤物| 成 年 人 黄 色 大 片大 全| 国产一区二区丰满熟女人妻| av毛片一区二区少妇颜射| 精品乱码一区二区三四五区|