亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Ecuador, Britain in talks over Assange standoff, says diplomat

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-07-20 04:54:17|Editor: yan
      Video PlayerClose

      QUITO, July 19 (Xinhua) -- Ecuador and Britain are "in the process of negotiating" a possible solution to their more than five-year standoff over WikiLeak's founder Julian Assange, a top official said on Thursday.

      The anti-secrecy activist has been holed up at Ecuador's embassy in London since 2012, unable to make use of the political asylum the South American country granted him due to Britain's refusal to give him safe passage.

      "We are in the process of negotiating" an end to the diplomatic deadlock, acting foreign affairs minister, Andres Teran, told local TV station Teleamazonas.

      Ecuador, said Teran, is holding "the highest-level talks with Britain about this situation that we inherited" from the previous administration of ex-President Rafael Correa, who left office in 2017.

      The two sides are not on the verge of announcing an agreement, Teran indicated, saying talks have not reached the point where the participation of current President Lenin Moreno is needed.

      "The president's participation would have to come at the final stage," Teran added.

      Moreno is scheduled to travel to Britain and Spain from July 21 to 27 to strengthen ties and attend the Global Disability Summit, to be held in London, but will not be meeting with British officials over Assange or even visiting his country's embassy, according to Teran.

      "Moreno is not expected to visit Ecuador's embassy in London," he added.

      British authorities stationed police outside the embassy to arrest Assange should he step outside the building, which is considered Ecuadorian territory. After more than five years of virtual house arrest, his health is reportedly deteriorating.

      The arrest warrant stems from charges, now dropped, of sexual misconduct in Sweden, but Assange believes Britain intends to hand him over to the U.S. government so it can indict him for blowing the whistle on war crimes.

      However, "we are not in talks with the United States," said Teran.

      Earlier this month, Moreno suggested a breakthrough was possible, announcing he initiated "pretty fruitful talks" with British authorities, who delivered a "certain type of information for us to be able to use in favor of international law and Mr. Assange's right to life."

      Ecuador "has to find a solution and if we do it together with the British government so much the better," said Moreno, indicating a medium-term solution was within reach.

      Moreno's government tried to break the deadlock in December by granting Assange citizenship and requesting Britain give him diplomatic status and immunity, but his request was refused.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011105521373363981
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 在线观看精品国产福利片87| 成年午夜视频免费观看视频| 九九热在线免费视频观看| 日韩精品久久无码中文字幕| 国产欧美日韩看片片在线人成| 亚洲aⅴ无码国精品中文字慕| 噜噜噜久久| 欧洲无码一区二区三区在线观看| 亚洲一二三四五区中文字幕| 在线免费不卡av网站一区| 国产亚洲美女精品久久久2020| 冷水江市| 91最新免费观看在线| 色午夜久久男人操女人| 国产999精品2卡3卡4卡| 中文字幕日韩人妻高清在线| av国产剧情一区二区三区| 久99久精品免费视频热77| 亚洲国产成人不卡高清麻豆| 美女裸体18禁免费网站| 亚洲综合色婷婷久久| 国产精品美女久久久久久大全| 人妻丰满av无码中文字幕| 国产11一12周岁女毛片| 人妻丝袜乱经典系列| 午夜无码无遮挡在线视频| 国精品无码一区二区三区在线看 | 激情视频在线观看国产中文| 日韩精品一区二区三区费暖暖| 无码AV高潮喷水无码专区线| 国产精品igao视频网| 亚洲福利第一页在线观看| 亚洲国产成人资源在线桃色| 国产精品自拍首页在线观看| 亚洲中文无码精品卡通| www插插插无码视频网站| 国产成人精品aaaa视频一区| av熟女一区二区久久| 色综合av综合无码综合网站 | 国产精品一区二区不卡的视频| 亚洲精品第1页|