亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      At least 20 killed in Greece wildfires

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-07-24 11:28:21|Editor: Yurou
      Video PlayerClose

      ATHENS, July 24 (Xinhua) -- Greek authorities on Tuesday confirmed at least 20 deaths and over 100 other casualties from wildfires that broke out in a small seaside resort near Athens on Monday, amid fears for more victims as the flames raged on uncontrolled.

      The dead included a six-month-old baby, who died of smoke inhalation.

      Government spokesperson Dimitris Tzanakopoulos said in a televised statement that 88 adults and 16 children were injured as the blaze swept through Mati, a village about 29 km east of Athens in the Rafina region, a popular tourist destination.

      Greek Navy ships, along with Coast Guard vessels and fishing boats, rushed to the area braving strong winds to help evacuate hundreds of people stranded on beaches.

      Survivors who fled to the sea and were rescued told media as they reached the Rafina Port that they had seen charred bodies next to burned homes and cars.

      Volunteers carried children in swimsuits and the elderly suffering respiratory problems caused by the smoke on their shoulders. The evacuees burst into tears of relief as they were embraced by relatives waiting anxiously at the port.

      Ten Danish tourists who had gone missing were located by the Coast Guard during a search and rescue operation.

      The affected areas have been left in the dark due to power cuts after the power lines were damaged. The national highway connecting Attica to the Peloponnese Peninsula and train services have been suspended to prevent motorists getting trapped in the flames that were rapidly changing direction when fanned by strong winds.

      At least 100 houses and 200 cars have been damaged by the fires which started at the Penteli Mountain and stretched for nearly 5 kilometers, according to the Mayor of Rafina-Pikermi, Vangelis Bournous.

      "The situation is very difficult," Andreas Vassilopoulos, a member of the municipal council of Rafina-Pikermi, told Xinhua. "It is most likely one of the most destructive fires [affecting] this area."

      A large number of children had been in the area, attending summer camps. "We are cooperating with the Coast Guard to see how we can transfer the children in summer camps to safety. It can be done only by vessels," Vassilopoulos said before over 600 children were evacuated.

      Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras urged for calmness and unity to face the "difficult moments for Greece" after a meeting with his ministers and emergency services officials.

      He thanked the nearly 600 firemen battling against the flames and implied the nightmare was caused by arsonists, as fires had broken out in various areas within hours.

      The Civil Aviation Authority said though flights at the Eleftherios Venizelos Airport in Athens were not disrupted by the thick smoke from the fires, a few pilots opted to divert flights to other Greek airports due to the strong winds.

      The wildfires revived the pain Greece had suffered in the summer of 2007 when more than 80 people lost their lives in dozens of blazes across the country.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001373447761
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 中美日韩在线一区黄色大片 | 国产麻豆放荡av激情演绎| 精品国产成人一区二区不卡在线| 蜜桃视频免费版在线观看| 国产精品无码久久久久久久久作品| gogogo手机高清在线| 蜜臀av免费一区二区三区| 加勒比东京热综合久久| 中文无码日韩欧| 高潮喷水在线| 精品久久久中文字幕一区| 国产精品白浆一区二区三区| 国产美女胸大一区二区三区| 国产精品亚洲专区无码不卡| 内射女校花一区二区三区| 中文字幕熟妇人妻在线视频| 免费的黄网站精品久久| 人伦片无码中文字幕| 国产亚洲一二三区精品| 中文激情一区二区三区四区| 国产精品乱子伦一区二区三区 | 安塞县| 加勒比精品久久一区二区三区| 无码av不卡一区二区三区| 亚洲乳大丰满中文字幕| 婷婷一区二区三区在线| 好爽受不了了要高潮了av | 日产乱码一区二区国产内射| 中文字幕av无码免费久久| 亚洲欧洲一区二区福利片| 亚洲精品成人av一区二区| 青青草视频网站免费观看| 亚洲自偷自拍熟女另类| 久夜色精品国产噜噜| 日韩av不卡一二三区| 亚洲中文字幕人妻诱惑| 亚洲午夜天堂| 国产成人精品免费视频大| 国产天堂一区二区三区四区| 波多野结衣一区二区三区视频| 中文字幕日韩人妻一区|