亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      UN refugee agency alarmed as Mediterranean deaths exceed 1,500

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-08-04 03:10:36|Editor: yan
      Video PlayerClose

      GENEVA, Aug. 3 (Xinhua) -- More than 1,500 refugees and migrants have lost their lives attempting to cross the Mediterranean Sea in the first seven months of 2018, the UN refugee agency, UNHCR, said Friday, noting that more must be done to combat smuggler networks.

      "The bleak milestone was confirmed after more than 850 lives were lost in June and July alone, marking the Mediterranean crossing as the deadliest sea route in the world," UNHCR said in a statement here.

      The agency said it is particularly concerned as the rate of deaths is increasing, despite the total number of people arriving on European shores significantly reduced compared to previous years.

      Some 60,000 people have crossed the Mediterranean so far this year, around half as many as during the same period last year, and a return to pre-2014 levels. said UNHCR.

      However, one in every 31 people attempting the crossing in June and July died or are missing, compared to one in 49 during 2017.

      "UNHCR urges States and authorities along transit routes to take all necessary action to dismantle and disrupt smuggler networks," said Vincent Cochetel, UNHCR special envoy for the Mediterranean.

      He said that to save lives at sea, appropriate measures must be used to hold to account those who seek to gain profit from the exploitation of vulnerable human beings.

      Refugees fleeing Syria make up around 13.5 percent of new sea arrivals in Europe, the largest nationality group, said UNHCR.

      Cochetel said exploitative traffickers and smugglers are reportedly organizing increasingly dangerous crossings, in ever-more unseaworthy and flimsy vessels.

      The boats, which smugglers severely overload with passengers, are then left to sail out at sea in the hope that a rescue will come in time.

      "Without further action, more people are expected to perish at sea in the months ahead, as traffickers look to exploit the opportunities offered by improved weather conditions," said UNHCR.

      The refugee agency said that unlike in previous years when Italy received the majority of new arrivals, Spain has become the primary destination, with more than 23,500 people arriving by sea, compared to around 18,500 in Italy and 16,000 in Greece.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011105521373668961
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 免费人成视频在线观看视频| 色综合久久久高清综合久久久| 无码人妻精品一区二区三区夜夜嗨| 韩国19禁无遮挡啪啪无码网站| 亚洲av乱码久久亚洲精品| 在线观看一区二区女同| 漂亮人妻不敢呻吟被中出| 国产精品原创av片国产日韩| 国产精品无码无片在线观看| 夫の目の前侵犯新婚人妻| 蜜桃伦理一区二区三区| 欧美成人精品福利视频| 亚洲伊人五月丁香激情| 亚洲av综合日韩精品久久久| 威宁| 精选麻豆国产AV| 国产精品乱子伦一区二区三区| 特级毛片a级毛片在线播放www| 四虎亚洲国产成人久久精品 | 久久无码字幕中文久久无码| 久久精品国产热久久精品国产亚洲 | 国产情侣激情在线对白| 免费一区二三区三区蜜桃| 国产日韩久久免费影院| 精品人妻av一区二区三区不卡| 天长市| 国产在视频线精品视频二代| 国产精品三级片一区| 国产成人国产在线观看| 国产精品白浆在线观看| 久久精品国产亚洲av高清四虎| 亚洲妇女av一区二区| 一级特黄高清完整大片| 国产欧美亚洲精品第一页| 日韩精品成人一区二区三区久久久 | 国产高潮精品久久AV无码| 朝鲜少妇bbw| 羞羞影院午夜男女爽爽免费视频| 久久精品国产一区二区涩涩| 亚洲国产精品久久久久久网站| 国产毛片A啊久久久久|