亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Spotlight: Tens of thousands of people in Okinawa rally to protest U.S. base relocation plan

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-08-11 15:54:39|Editor: Shi Yinglun
      Video PlayerClose

      TOKYO, Aug. 11 (Xinhua) -- Tens of thousands of people rallied Saturday in Naha, capital of the Okinawa prefecture in Japan, protesting against the central government's plan to relocate a U.S. military base within the island prefecture.

      According to the organizer, some 70,000 people participated in the rally, demanding the central government to give up the plan to transfer U.S. Marine Corps Air Station Futenma from a crowded residential district in Ginowan to the Henoko coastal area of Nago, Okinawa.

      A moment of silence was observed at the beginning of the rally for late Okinawa Governor Takeshi Onaga, who died of cancer earlier in this week amid his anti-U.S. base campaign.

      Onaga's son Takeharu told the rally that his father had spent a lot of time fighting against the relocation plan even when he was hospitalized for cancer treatment.

      "Let's fight together so that we can tell my late father one day that the relocation plan has been stopped," he said.

      Deputy Governor Kiichiro Jahana, who has been filling in for governor duties, said that he would follow Onaga's suit and continue with the procedures to retract a previous government's approval for landfill work of the relocation plan.

      Onaga, elected as governor in 2014, revoked in October 2015 an approval issued by former governor Hirokazu Nakaima for the landfill work of the relocation plan of the central government.

      However, he was forced to withdraw his order to suspend work on the site after the Supreme Court ruled in 2016 against the governor's attempt to revoke the land reclamation work approval.

      Before hospitalized last week, Onaga had ordered procedures to be started again to retract landfill work approval, which was seen by the public as a last resort for the governor to stop the relocation plan.

      "I will take whatever measures and do my utmost to realize my election pledge of preventing the construction of a new base," Onaga told a press conference on July 27.

      He died on Aug. 8 at the age of 67 after cancer metastasized to the liver despite a pancreatic surgery in April.

      Onaga's new retraction order was based on the ground that situation had changed and the central government had failed to protect the environment of the coastal area since resuming the construction work.

      The central government, however, has said that its intention to proceed with the relocation construction was unchanged.

      Okinawa hosts the bulk of U.S. bases in Japan while accounting for only 0.6 percent of the country's total land mass.

      Japan's central government had said that the relocation plan is "the only solution" for removing the dangers posed by the Futenma base to the crowded residential area of Ginowan without undermining the Japan-U.S. alliance.

      The Okinawa people, however, have called for the base to be removed from the prefecture, complaining of sufferings caused by aircraft noise, crimes committed by the U.S. servicemen as well as safety concerns.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001373834551
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 四虎国产精品永久在线国在线| 中西区| 在线中文字幕日韩有码| 亚洲国产日本精品一区二区三区| 成年女人在线观看毛片| 亚洲天堂中文| 粗大挺进尤物人妻一区二区| 国产亚洲熟妇在线视频| 日韩欧美亚洲综合久久99e| 亚洲大尺度在线| 99视频精品全部免费 在线| 国产亚洲精选美女久久久久| 欧洲亚洲色一区二区色99| 91九色蝌蚪国产精品| 国产三级精品三级在线观看粤语| 久久免费视亚洲无码视频| 亚洲中文字幕女同一区二区三区| 国产在线拍偷自揄观看视频网站 | 色偷偷亚洲第一综合网| 天堂中文在线www天堂在线| 亚洲欧洲精品成人久久曰| 亚洲AV无码AV色| 熟妇人妻不卡中文字幕| 亚洲小说乱欧美另类| 男人的天堂av网站| 深夜在线观看免费av| 老熟女熟妇嗷嗷叫91| 亚洲精品乱码久久久久久按摩高清| 婷婷国产亚洲性色av网站| 国产三级国产精品国产专区| 亚洲色婷婷综合开心网| 欧美熟妇喷潮xxxx| 激情视频综合网| 一区二区亚洲 av免费| 日韩不卡av在线一区二区三区| 樱花AV在线无码| 久久精品成人无码观看56| 日本韩国日韩少妇熟女少妇 | 金门县| 一区二区三区免费视频网站| 国产av无码专区亚洲a∨毛片|