亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Feature: Millions of Yemenis struggle to secure next meal during Eid al-Adha festival

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-08-21 05:47:19|Editor: Liangyu
      Video PlayerClose

      by Mohamed al-Azaki

      SANAA, Aug. 20 (Xinhua) -- While millions of Muslims across the globe are sacrificing goats and cows to celebrate Eid al-Adha holidays, or the Islamic "Festival of Sacrifice" starting on Aug. 21, millions of people in the war-torn Yemen are unable to secure one meal a day.

      According to recent UN reports, 22.2 million Yemenis depend on aid, and 8.4 million people out of Yemen's 29-million population are struggling to secure next meal.

      In Noqum livestock market in eastern Sanaa, dozens of people flocked to buy goats, cows to celebrate the sacrifice festival.

      Even some cattle here showed signs of acute malnutrition.

      Hosen al-Rajawi, a buyer, said his family would share the cost of a sacrificial cow with six other neighbour families for the festival.

      "The cow, which was priced at 350,000 Yemeni rials (636.36 U.S. dollars) during last year's Eid al-Adha, is now sold at one million rials," al-Rajawi told Xinhua.

      Saif Mohammed, another buyer in the market, complained that the cattle prices are much higher than the previous year.

      "We have already been suffering from soaring prices, war, blockade. Therefore, we are enduring a lethal trinity," Mohammed said.

      Meanwhile, Mohammed al-Firsi, a cattle trader, said the hikes in the prices were caused by the soaring prices of fodder, water and fuel.

      "The business this year is very weak compared with the previous year because of the war, all-out blockade and the rise in exchange rate of dollar against the Yemeni rial," said al-Firsi.

      The impoverished Arab country has been locked into a civil war since 2014, when Iran-backed Shiite Houthi rebels overran much of the country and seized all northern provinces, including the capital Sanaa.

      The Saudi-led Arab coalition forces intervened in Yemen's war to fight the Houthis in March 2015 in response to an official request from internationally-recognized Yemeni President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi to regain control over the counry.

      In 2016, Hadi's government accused Houthis of using the money of Yemen's Central Bank to finance their military deployments, and moved the bank from Houthi-held capital Sanaa to Aden, the government's temporary capital in the south.

      However, the accusations were denied by the Houthi group.

      The war has caused a rapid deterioration in the country's already shaken economy and triggered the prices to soar.

      In the meantime, more than tens of thousands of civil servants in the north remained unpaid for nearly 24 months due to the war.

      Mohammed al-Alawi, a journalist in the Sanaa-based state-run 26 September daily newspaper, said he also does not have enough money to buy his five children meat during the ceremonies.

      "I will buy my children one chicken on the first day of the four-day holiday, but I can't secure the next meal," he said.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001374055571
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 麻豆av字幕无码中文| 插进去内射视频免费观看| 免费无码精品黄av电影| 国产白袜脚足j棉袜在线观看| 亚洲AV无码乱码国产麻豆| 秋霞午夜国产一区二区三区| 国产一区二区三区视频了| 亚洲女同视频在线观看| 欧美性白人极品hd | 成人一区二区国产精品| 国产AV无码专区亚洲精品网站| 国产精品久久久亚洲第一牛牛| 少妇被日到高潮的视频| av国产熟妇露脸在线观看| 2021国产成人精品国产| 精品视频在线观看一区二区三区 | 国产精品亚洲lv粉色| 久久久中日ab精品综合| 国产麻豆aⅴ精品无码| 少妇午夜福利一区二区三区| 在线观看一区二区女同| 蜜臀av一区二区国产在线| 亚洲最大成av人网站| 久久天天躁狠狠躁夜夜2020老熟妇| 国产精品自在线拍国产手机版 | 国产福利97精品一区二区| 国内精品国产三级国产av另类| 成人午夜免费福利| 日韩一区二区三区中文字幕| 亚洲AV无码国产精品久久l | 国产丝袜精品丝袜一区二区| 亚洲区成人综合一区二区| 澳门毛片精品一区二区三区 | 亚洲欧洲一区二区三区久久| 国产av一区二区三区东北熟女| 日本高清一区二区在线观看| 黑人多男一女在线观看视频| 久久久AV无码精品免费| 亚洲无码观看a| 偷柏自拍亚洲综合在线| 综合色区亚洲熟妇另类|